Saturday, December 27, 2008

SIXTEEN HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

SNV32338-1 SNV32333-1

The top Picture by the waitress at Chop House Restaurant.

Good Morning.

( Good Sunday morning. This Entry # 1616 is for Saturday and Sunday. it is 62 degrees at 6:25 a.m.. I hope that you have a plesant day. I will see you in the morning. DAD )

.."Time is so precious-do not waste it."..
.
.© 2008 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved....
..
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.
And my mood is Happy & Smiling. Dad

. Good Morning:
I don't know when I have ever been so glad to see a Saturday. Our Friday was a busy day, but we did enjoy it so much . Jim and the whole White family ( except Beth.) were with us for the day. We had such an enjoyable time together. We had lunch at the Chop House and then came back here to Dad's house. We sure did have a good time, and we got to see Jade. She is attending college now in another state. It was so wonderful too to be with Kevin, Lesley, Kara, and Zachary, Alex, Mandy and Sylvia and of course Jim and Beverly. After dinner at the Chop House we came back here for more visiting. laughter, sharing of remembered family stories and memories. It was a WONDERFUL day being with our family. It would have been complete if only BETHANY could have been with us! You would remember that she is my precious grand-daughter who lives in N.Y.

Here is a litttle poem Mary shared with me about the writers of the New Testament. She said she learned it as a child but she does not know who wrote it. We want the proper credit to go to whoever did write it.

"Matthew, Mark, Luke and John,

And shall I still go further on.

Peter, Paul and James and Jude,

Each for the Truth of Jesus stood.

These eight men who Jesus sent,

Gave us our New Testament."

I believe that I can relax a little better now since all this is over, we did have a wonderful day yesterday as you can see from that picture above. The picure at the bottom is just a shot of the top of my desk where I do all my work. Please notice at the left side at my little dog, my friend Micah who lives in Birminghan sent that to me.

Don't forget our panel on the right, it is helpful to me and I hope that it is too you. You can find what you might want to see a lot faster.

....

.Here is a link below that will take you to something that Dad has been thinking about.

..

..http://dadstomatonews.blogspot.com/.

..

.( Here is a little reminder to all of you who live in another country and speak another language, I now have Google's translator that will change my blog into your language, I HOPE THAT YOU WILL USE THAT. And remember what I tell you, that these SMILES are the same in every language. DAD ) .

Here is Dad's thought for the weekend.

" Love and time---- these are the only two things in all the world and all of life that cannot be bought, but only spent."

Gary Jenings.

Clearance Anderson once said, "You have a choice , you can either spend your life or invest it."

......

THIS LINKS BELOW HAS MEANT A LOT TO ME. IT TELLS US LOTS ABOUT TOMATOES, AND IT IS SO INTERESTING TO READ. THANKS REGGIE FOR GIVING THIS TO US. DAD.

..

Tomato Casual --- AND----- Recipes

'

We are having a warm morning here in The Tennessee Valley this morning, at 3 A.M. the tempeature was 44.

This is all for right now, I may be back after I have had a little breakfast and another cup of coffee.

You know that I do not write a blog on Sunday morning. But if all is well I will be back on monday morning real early. I may update this tonight before I retire for the night, that is if anything happens that I would like to share with you. I don't need to tell you Mary and Dad's plans for tomorrow you already know.

Well it seems that it has been very quiet this afternoon, nothing else has happened that I need to mention, only that I am sleepy and I am heading for my bed, hope that everyone gets a good rest, see you monday morning.

Thanks so much for all your comments and email. DAD... Are you SMILING ?

BYE BYE DAD

white6416r@aol.com

865-850-9765

11 comments:

madcobug said...

I am glad that you all had a good time yesterday. You sure got up early, Now it is time for a nap. Helen

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Good Morning Dad, sure glad to hear you had a good time yesterday. I enjoyed the pictures and saw the one's over at Jim's page also.

Lynne said...

Nice family time! Glad you all had a nice visit! Now it is time to "relax"! I have one of those signs which says "Simplify". I keep it at work, lol. God Bless!

Hollie said...

I'm glad that you all had a good day.... Wonderful photo!

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, I am so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time with your family! The picture of all of you is great. I wish Bethany could of been there with all of you too. Try to rest extra today to make up for all the fun you had yesterday! Thanks for the coffee! Linda

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That's a wonderful picture of you all together. I know you were happy to have your family with you! Hope today is a nice quiet one and you catch up on your rest.
'On Ya'-ma

peggy said...

I would like to go to the Chop House, it looks like they have a wonderful clientele!

Kelly said...

Good Saturday morning Dad :) I see you got you a Blingee account too and Mary made up a cool picture of Princess! Very nice! I tried and tried to make mine a header for my journal, but I couldnt figure it out, but I did manage to put it on my sidebar for safe keeping. :) I made a Happy New Year one this morning. Fun stuff! Everyone looks so happy to be together. I am SO glad y'all did have a get together. I am with you though, its time to take a breather from all this hustle and bustle. I took about three naps yesterday. ;) Its good to see you this morning. Have a great weekend! :) Love, Kelly

Carlene Noggle said...

Morning Dad and Mary!!!
Hope yall had a wonderful Christmas. That is a great picture that yall had taken at the CHOP HOUSE! I like how you can see all the faces!!! I know you were so happy to be able to be with your son and all the family!!!
love,
carlene

Joann said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time with your family!! What a great picture!! And I love the little poem, that should help me remember the books!! LOL!! Take Care, Dad!!

jmuhj said...

Good evening, all! So glad to see and hear that you were all able to get together and enjoy the holiday. Now we can all RELAX, as your sign says, and get ready for another new year. May you all be happy, healthy, safe, and prosperous in all the things that really matter. My best to you all, and big PURRS to the beautiful Princess, whose siggy I had to admire again! ^^