Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED AND NINETY-SEVEN

These two pictures were taken in our front yard looking west.
Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it
.
BEGIN THE DAY WITH GOD
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.
This link will take you right to her nest. And the eagles will be very glad for a visit from you on this Tuesday morning. Several have mentioned to me that they do not think that the last eagle to hatch is getting the same attention as the first two. We hope that in a few days that he will be able to hang in there and get his part of the food.
.
THIS ONE IS VERY INTERESTING
.
THE BUZZARD:
If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet and is entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of its ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of 10 to 12 feet. Without space to run, as is its habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.
BAT:
The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.
THE BUMBLEBEE:
A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.
PEOPLE:
In many ways, we are like the buzzard, the bat, and the bumblebee. We struggle about with all our problems and frustrations, never realizing that all we have to do is look up! That's the answer, the escape route and the solution to any problem! Just look up.

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, But faith looks up!
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly and trust in our Creator who loves us.
.
.
Here above is the link to something that you will like. DAD.
.
We had some real good spring time weather Monday, lots of sun and warm enough to work outside without wearing a sweater. Mary and I took advantage of that in the afternoon. Here this morning at 3 A.M. the temperature is 42 and it is supposed to go to 65 today, but I don't like what it says here- 20% chance of showers.
.
We did get some of our roses in the ground, we placed two of them at Princess's grave site at the foot of our flag pole. You may not be able to see them on the cam yet, but it won't be long before they should be in blooms.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The tea and coffee is ready, I have already been trying it out. I hope that you can sleep a little longer, I will have plenty of both when you get here, Be sure and bring me a big smile this morning.
.
.
Here below is my thought for today. Lots of things spoken in the world cannot be believed, but these are the true words of Jesus, and you can believe them and depend on them to be true.
.
" Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heaven laden and I will give you rest."
.
" Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
.
" For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. "
.
Matthew chapter 11 verses 28,29 & 30
.
It is way over time for me to leave you alone for a little while. I have enjoyed talking with you this morning, these little visits mean a lot to me. I hope that you have a good day, that you can rejoice and be glad in it. we all do have so much to be thankful for. I will see you in the early morning.
.
BYE BYE from DAD.
.
865-850-5763.
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Morning, Dad, I am up late but off to bed now... just wanted to say good morning to you first. I'll have to send you a picture of my big old roses. I don't deserve them because I don't prune them and care for them like I should, but they seem to be giving us a lot of beautiful roses anyway. I hope that littlest eaglet will be okay, too.

Hollie said...

Good Morning dad,
I didn't know that about the buzzard, bat & bumblebee. Very interesting.....indeed all we have to do is look up. It's supposed to start raining here today & last through Friday. Thanks for the coffee. Have a great day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your pictures were beautiful to see. How nice to have blossoms and green leaves on trees and green grass too. It is nothing like that here yet. Bare trees and no blossoms. Hope your day brings you lots to SMILE about. 'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, the dogwood trees are blooming around here also. I did notice the youngest eaglet got more food yesterday. I can't see the cam this motning, just a black space. That was interesting about the crow, bat and bumble bee. We had frost here yesterday morning. I hope your tomato plants are holding up good. Have a nice day. It's raining here this morning. Helen

baldy said...

DAD, I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE. OPTIMISTIC. I BELIEVE THAT THE MAJORITY OF US ARE.
ONCE AND NOT LONG AGO I READ OR HEARD SAID, IT IS BETTER TO BE OVER THE HILL THAN UNDER IT.

YOU ARE DOING A FINE JOB DAD. sam

Kelly said...

Good afternoon Dad. :) I didnt know that about the crow, bat and bumblebee, that is very interesting. I hope your having a nice day today. As Helen said, its been raining here. I love your pictures of the blue sky with fluffy white clouds...I havent seen much of that for days now...so its nice to see! :) Love, Kelly

jmuhj said...

Beautiful pictures, Dad and Ms. Mary! So glad the weather is good for you to be outside. Isn't it uplifting to be out in nature? I LOVE your "looking up" story very much. It is so true! We so often make our own hells when it is probably less effort to make our own heavens instead! and yes, look UP and trust in the Creator to bring us through in the best way possible for each of us.

Love and HUGS to you both from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription needed buy valium online australia no prescription - buy valium online no prescription in australia