Monday, April 20, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN

Good Morning..

Time is so precious-do not waste it.

The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal..

"Today I smiled, and all at once things didn't look so bad.Today I shared with someone else, a bit of hope I had.Today I sang a little song, and felt my heart grow light,And walked a happy little mile, with not a cloud in sight.

Today I worked with what I had and longed for nothing more, And what had seemed like only weeds, were flowers at my door.Today I loved a little more and complained a little less,And in the giving of myself, I forgot my weariness. "

AUTHOR UNKNOWN.

And I am wondering about our eagles up in Virginia. They were doing real good the last time that I saw them late SUNDAY afternoon. As soon as the sun comes up we want to go up there and look at them and see how they made it through the night`. Eagle Web Cam

http://nethugs.com/inspirational/brighter-tomorrows/

My good friend John C, sent the above to me. Dad.

I know that you are wondering why I have not mentioned coffee or tea, well it is ready and waiting on you, come on in here.


Posted on 19 April 2009 by tomatocasual.com

Have Tomatoes, Will Travel

Tags:

By Michael Nolan

I thought about titling this post “Where in the heck is Michael Nolan” until I realized that some of you probably forgot who I was it’s been so long!
Okay, I know it has been a long time since I dared show my face around here but I had good reason, and that good reason is what partially led me to my return to Tomato Casual as well.
Last week I finally relocated to the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia into a fantastic neighborhood called Riverside.
This is very much a neighborhood on the mend (and you know how I like a hands on project), so I am happy to be here and to be surrounded by people who have even showed an interest in possibly starting our own community garden!
But I digress (and I’ll talk more about that stuff over on
Urban Garden Casual in the coming weeks anyway). What I really wanted to talk about is my new tomato plants for 2009.
As I mentioned before I just moved which means that I didn’t have time to start seedlings for the heirloom tomato varieties I really wanted to grow this year, so
Read the rest of this entry »

Related Posts

Road Tripping: Tomatoes Trump Corn Palace
Economic Downturn Means Boost for Tomatoes
Tomato Run-ins With the Law

Click below to get information about the Llama Treks. .
HIKING IN THE SMOKIES

This link will tell you a lot more about these Treks that are going on right now.Laura or Lucy will talk to you.

We had made plans to set our tomatoes out on Tuesday, but I am not sure now, it rained all day on Sunday and I am not sure if the ground will be to wet to work in, I think that I should know by this afternoon. I hope so. DAD.


Map of USA Puzzle

"Wonder how school kids will do on this one? See how you do in placing the states of the United States Of America. All you do is look at the top of the page and drag'n'drop the state to where it belongs. Smart map, varies the order of the states' placement with each new try and, it times you! It's not easy mostly because placing a state in the precise location when it doesn't have any boundaries in place is a bit tricky! "

http://jimspages.com/States.htm

I am still wondering about the weather for today, the temperature is the same as it was on Sunday morning, 55 at 3 a.m. I think that the prediction may include rain showers again. I am going to try and be patient I know that it will be dry enough to work in the ground in a few days.

This link below is interesting, from TomatoCasual.

http://www.tomatocasual.com/2008/04/28/economic-downturn-means-boost-for-tomatoes/

As I sometimes do I have neglected to ask about you, how do you feel about this Monday morning? I do hope that you had a nice weekend and that you are all refreshed and ready to go get'em. I have some tea and coffee up above if you need a little help. We are not going to worry about the future, only God knows that and we can safely trust in Him.

Mary and I did have a nice quiet weekend, we enjoyed our Sunday morning meeting and our home cooked meal afterwards. Some of our friends were not with us in our meeting and we sure did miss them, they were in Chattanooga at one of our special meetings, I know that they enjoyed that.

Now this is all for today. I hope that I can return in the morning with something that is worth looking at. Thanks for bearing with me all these years. We would like to send a smile and love to all of you all around this world. ( Check on our Visitors over in the side panel.)

BYE BYE DAD


white6416r@aol.com...


865-850-5763.


© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

7 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a nice weekend, Dad! I hope you have some nice warm weather tomorrow so you can plant on Tuesday as planned! This is exciting! But right now... I would love a cup of tea, thanks very much!

baldy said...

GOOD MORNING DAD. GOOD TO TALK WITH YOU.
I HAVE BEEN SEEING HERE AND THERE IN THE NEWS SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR PLANTING A GARDEN.
DOING SO BY ENOUGH PEOPLE COULD HELP LOWER THE PRICE OF GARDEN PRODUCTS. ALSO MIGHT TAKE OFF SOME BELLY FAT.
AT THE MARKET, TAKE OUR CHOICE OR BUY BOTH IF NOT TOO FINANCIALLY EMBARRASED, THE BAKING POTATO ONLY ONE DOLLAR EACH AND ALREADY WRAPPED IN FOIL, SPECIAL TODAY ON THIS PRICE AS IS TOMATOS, ALSO ONLY ONE DOLLAR EACH.
TRUE, THERE ARE THOSE WHOM NEED NOT QUESTION THE PRICE, OTHERS OF US THAT CONTINUE TO STOOP OVER TO PICK UP A PENNY FROM THE FLOOR, SEE THOSE PRICES AND THINK WHY NOT PLANT A GARDEN. START A COMPOST CAGE TO RECEIVE THE COFFEE GROUNDS, VEGETABLE PEELINGS AND CRUMBS SWEPT FROM THE FLOOR.
GOOD TO HAVE A GARBAGE PAIL OR FOR THE POLITICALLY CORRECT A COMPOST PAIL AND DAILY EMPTY THE CONTENTS INTO THE COMPOST CAGE WHICH IS IN IT'S PLACE IN A CORNER OF THE GARDEN.
A BEGINNER MIGHT SAY, WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE COMPOST AFTER IT HAS MATURED ? (HOPEFULLY SOMEONE HAS TOLD THEM IT MUST BE KEPT MOIST AND PUNCHED AROUND DOWN IN THERE). COMPOST BECOMES FERTILIZER, ENHANCED BY A SPRINKLING OF COMMERCIAL FERTILIZER OCCASIONALLY.
THOSE HOPEFULLY MILLIONS OF NEW GARDENERS MIGHT BE ON THE WAY TO PRODUCING TOMATOS SUCH AS SEEN ON DAD'S BLOG.
HTTP://TOMATOGARDENINGWITHDAD.BLOGSPOT.COM/

NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO GET OUT THERE AND PREPARE FOR THAT BOUNTIFUL GARDEN. sam

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hello Dad I just went and took a look at the eagles ~ my havn't they grown since last time I had a peek ~ Hope the weather keeps good for you ( It has been a lovely day here Sunny and warm) thank you for my Cuppa ~ hope you and Mary are both well ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Another Monday and yes, we are ready to go get 'em here! ;) Sorry to hear your ground is waterlogged. Hope the situation changes soon so you can get your plants in the ground.

Both links to your WebCams give me a little window with "no cookie information" and I can't see how it is at your place. Hope it's a beautiful day for you.

The coffee is wonderful, thanks! I got a new coffeepot today, and some new coffee from Gevalia. Looking forward to trying these.

I sent you an email with a link to a site for supplies for the furry friends in the hope you can share it with others. In hard times, we need all the help we can get, yes?

Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

Cindi ;) said...

Hi dad, Have you ever heard of planting tomato plants in a bale of hay? I posted on my blog...come check it out! hope you have a great Tues...

Carlene Noggle said...

HI DAD,
SO GOOD TO BEHERE WITH YOU AND MARY. I HAVE YET TO EVEN BUY MY TOMATO PLANTS AND I WILL HAVE TO GET TO IT SOON!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色