Thursday, April 30, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & TWENTY TWO

Dad looking at his tomato garden , he spends a lot of his time here every day, he may even sneak in a little nap here.
.
The best and most beautiful things of this world can't be seen or touched. They must be felt by the heart. Treat others as you would like to be treated.



Dad and his Grand-Daughter Bethany on a visit home from New York. I am not really asleep, just enjoying my time with BETHANY. DAD.


Good Morning.

Time is so precious-do not waste it..

The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal

.
. Here is my thought for today, yes it is, it is a link to a poem that a friend sent me that was too long to post in my blog, Thanks to Drema for this. Dad.

"
http://dadstomatonews.blogspot.com/"

This poem above has something good to think about.


Blue Heron

Picture by Jim ,while fishing.

I don't know what you are thinking about right now, but I am in need of a good cup of coffee, and it will soon be ready, then we can get something done, when is's ready I will let you know and I will even pour it for you.

Here below is our weather for east Tennessee.

The tempeature at 3 A.M. was 63, and it will only go to 78 today, and we are promised showers in the evenings.


Posted on 29 April 2009 by tomatocasual.com

.
From eBay to Website: A Tomato Growing Business
.

By Vanessa Richins

.
Their business began because of a friendly competition.
Alainia Hagerty-Williams, who grew up on a 300 acre farm, was challenged by her father to see who could grow the best tomatoes. T
he first year she chose to grow one variety. The next year, she tried 10 different heirloom varieties.
In her third year, she was the victim of successful germination, ending up with too many tomato plants for her own garden in Munford, Tennessee. She decided to put her excess bounty up for sale on eBay.
Read the rest of this entry »

.
Related Posts
One Man Who Turned His Heirloom Tomato Hobby Into a Business
Tomato Business Going Strong in China
22nd Annual Tomato Disease Workshop

That's not too bad for an old tomato grower. My tomatoes are begining to show some growth and I think that you will soon be able to tell it by look at the two came, links over in the side panel.

This will take you to Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album this is the Album for the tomato crop last year. We will be starting on the one for this year in a few days. It will start be showing you the plants the day that we set them out and we will be able to see then untill those BIG RED RIPE TOMATOES APPEAR, be sure and keep up with it if you can spare the time.


I almost forgot about the Tea and Coffee, it's ready and it is so good this morning, sit down for a litle while and talk to me whil you are enjoying your drink.
.
The eagles are going to be worried about us this morning if we don't get up there soon, here is your ride up there Eagle Web Cam hop on and let's go.
.
This is going to be all for a little while, I need to get outside and do a little work, I have heard it said that you can't do every thing at once, but you can do something at once, so here I go. I hope to see your Smile in the morning, you know that smile that we have, going all around this world, and remember that it is understood in any langauge. Why not try it out today. Dad.

BYE BYE DAD.

white6416r@aol.com.

.
65-850-5763


© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.


8 comments:

Becky said...

Do I get to be the first one to give you a SMILE today? Well, here is a big smile for you, and that cup of tea sounds real nice. Your granddaughter is beautiful!

Cindi ;) said...

Good morning Dad....enjoy your day :)

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, I haven't been around much lately, life is just a little bit crazy right now, but I am sure it will get better. I have been catching up on your journal, glad to see the tomatos are doing so well!! The new baby is so cute! Your Grand daughter bethany is a beautiful girl. You must be very proud! Keep growing those tomoats, maybe I will get there someday to taste them. Linda

Anonymous said...

Ray, just got through reading that poem your friend Dreamasent. It fits Gods people to a "T". Enjoyed it very much. I also read about Robby. Seems I saw it aways back, can't remember. Never the less& needless to say,I read it with tears in my eyes. Just wonder how that teacher felt in the end. Our best teachers are children. Especially gifted ones like Robby. Hope I never forget the important thingsin life. Love you & Mary! Take care & be careful of the everyday pitfalls in lifes way. Have a great day!

Dad said...

Lois would it be o.k. to use the link to your blog on mine, I like it and I beleive tha others eould als0. DAD

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Nice pictures you put up today, of you looking at your tomatoes, and of the heron! The eaglets are sleeping right now -- must be a hard life they have. ;)

It looks nice at your place today -- good tomato-growing weather! I'm enjoying the coffee, thanks. Had a rough day yesterday, so I'm going to try to rest today and feel stronger. Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

baldy said...

GOOD GOING DAD. sam

Hollie said...

I love the photo of you looking out over your garden. It's like Heaven on Earth! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with your Grand daughter.