Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ENTRY SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & NINETY-THREE


Double click on the above picture to enlarge. DAD.
.
Looking at this picture makes me hungry. We have enjoyed our tomatoes this year, nothing beats a good home grown tomato gathered from your own back yard. Why don't you try it next spring ?
.

Good Morning,
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it..
.




I just knew that Helen would be able to tell Mary what that sound was coming from. DAD.
.

"That is a nice basket of tomatoes. Nice that you two had company yesterday. Tell Mary I loved the video and it sounded like what we call a tree frog making that noise. I caught one doing that in a hummer video I made once. We have had several of those in the past but I haven't heard one this year. They usually do that before it rains. You two have a great day.Hugs to you both, Helen"


The weather has been cooler here in the Tennessee Valley. It has been very enjoyable. Here is what AOL tell us about today. Wednesday 7/22/09.
.
A few showers early then thundershowers this afternoon. High 82F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

.
Here below is a link that will give you a good view of the smokies.
.
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam

.
On Tuesday we had a wonderful time, best of all we made three new friends. Our good friends Michael and Pamela came to see us and with them Michael's Dad, Mother and Sister. I am sure that you remember Michael and Pamela they are the ones that made our two outside Cams possible.
.
I am just not able to tell you all that we enjoyed, but I am going to get Mary to tell you more when she comes in the office this morning. We may have a picture, DAD.


This is Mary writing. Our friends took us to the Old Mill restaurant in Pigeon Forge. It is a fabulous restaurant. There is actually an "old mill" right beside it that has been there for years. The restaurant uses the meal they grind there to make their fritters etc. Also the flour for making their biscuits. They serve a cup of delicious corn chowder with every meal. If you are in the Pigeon Forge area you must try it! Mary.
.
I am in need of a good cup of Starbucks Coffee its hard for me to even think until have a cup. And I like mine strong with a little half and half. And I never forget to have that TEA ready. Since I am getting so many more readers from The United Kingdom and many other countries that like their tea, I am making extra Tea. Be sure stop in and see me this morning but be sure that you have a smile for me.
.
We do not want to forget Sara this morning, and I know where we will find her, she will be right here at Sara's Dog Training taking care of two beautiful Shelties. Sara we are getting a lot of pleasure looking at your blog. Thanks DAD.
.
Here is the link below to a very interesting blog, from The United Kingdom. By my friend Bob. Thanks Bob we are enjoying our visit to the United Kingdom. I have a lot of friends in your country, some have been with me since I first began writing a blog.
.
.
http://thediaryofanenglishgardener.blogspot.com/..
.

Here is my thought for today.
.
" And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

Taken from Galatians chapter 6 and verse 9
.
It is time for me to leave you for a little while, but I hope to come back in the morning, or sooner if anything happens that I think you would like to hear about. Let's try to be happy today and have a big smile for everyone that we meet. It will make the day a lot brighter for two people, you and the one that received it.
.
BYE BYE DAD.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Dad, are all those beautiful tomatoes from your gardent or did you buy them at CVS pharmacy? Ha ha. Glad you had a good day with friends. Those kinds of days are special treats. Well, I'm off to sleep, so you have a nice day and I'll check in later.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a lot of tomotoes you have there. I suppose this is the beginning of many many more. It must bring a smile to your face seeing those lovely red tomatoes. I know one sure would taste good here right now. I've not seen any ripe ones locally yet. Lots of green ones but it'll be anytime now. Have a great Wednesday!

Bob said...

Hi Dad, I'm on my lunch break so I thought I would come and have a cup of that tea with you, I've been busy pulling weeds this morning. You're probably going to smile now but when I watched your video and heard the noise I thought it was the eagle at the side until you asked if we knew what it was. Unfortunately I'm afraid I can't tell you. I also took a look at the Smokey Mountain webcam, I always used to look out for that when you had it on your other blog. Well I hope you have a good day and those thunder showers aren't to hard. Bob.

Sheila said...

Good Afternoon Dad and Mary, I hope you are having a great day. It has been a little less hot here so that has been nice. That basket of tomatoes looks delicious. I had some fried green tomatoes a few days ago...yummy. They weren't from my garden though. Take care, Sheila

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

That sounds like a lacy-tailed spider-hopper to me. ;)

Your garden is beautiful at any time of the day or night! and it must be very soothing to have the fountain. I would love to put one in here. For now, my cats' drinking fountain is the next best thing.;)

Those tomatoes look splendid, Dad! and I know they must be as good as they look, if not better. Have a wonderful day, and love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Dca721 said...

Hi Dad,
It is so nice to look at your journal again.
So, you are now drinking Starbucks?
What happened to the Chock Full of Nuts?
Did I spell that right?
Funny about Froggie!
I associate Frogs with my brother Gary and my Dad, years ago my brother bought me a set of black coffee mugs from Ducks Unlimited, on them is a picture of a frog. Since his death it seems whenever I may think of him, I will go outside and see a frog on my back walk.
Before my Dad died there would be a frog that hung around out front of the house, my brother had lived there too. Anyway, My Dad would call him "Roscoe" the frog. My brother used to joke around and call my son "Roscoe." So, everytime Dad and I saw Roscoe, we thought of Gary. When my Dad passed away I put a little beany baby frog in his coffin. So now, there is this frog that hangs out in my back yard, it's often on my walkway at night, if it were in the grass I would never see him, it makes me think of my Dad and my Brother. I find it coincidence that you would mention today. Last week when coming home at night, Robert said look it's "Roscoe" he just jumped on my foot, if he hadn't of jumped on Robert, we would have never noticed him that night.
I'm sorry I've been out of touch, going through some tough times.
Hi to Mary.
How is Princess? I hope fine.

YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN!
Love,
Donna