Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & TWENTY FOUR


Good Morning,


Mandy and Alex

Kara
. Zachary
.
In the pictures above you see my three great grandchildren. I had some good visits with them last week when we were at the lake. Pictured with Mandy is her husband Alex. I love my great grand children very much and wish that I could have more time with them. They are a comfort to me in my old days. Dad.
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it.''

".Many years of life are wasted living for thyself alone."

'Begin the Day with God."
.
Don't miss Oreo, Misty and Sara right down below. Dad.
.
.
This link above will take you straight to Sara's blog. I have run out of words to explain to you how much I have enjoyed these two wonderful Shelties. I have always loved Shelties but now I love them more because of you Sara. DAD

.
I am going to give you my thought first thing this morning. I don't want to be too serious this early in the morning but I do like the advice that it gives.
.

" The clock of life is wound but once, And no man has the power. To tell just when the hands will stop--- At late or early hour. Now is the only time you own: Live, love, work with a will. Place no faith in tomorrow,for--- The clock may then be still."

By George H.Candler.

.

I think that we need our coffee now. Sitting here on my desk is a little sign that says SUMATRA + bold, That of course is Starbucks coffee and what is perking at this moment. It will be ready soon here is a cup I am going to let every one pour their own this morning, And a little half and half sure is good, DAD


Posted on 24 August 2009 by tomatocasual.com
.
Heinz Wants Your Stories of Wholesome Memories
.
Tags:
,
.
By Vaness Richins

.
Did you always have Heinz Tomato Ketchup in your home growing up?
Was a family picnic incomplete unless the ketchup was there?
Heinz is looking for your stories of wholesome memories involving Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
They were having a contest for the best memories, but it ended August 7th. They are still looking for memory
submissions, though. If you’re interested in participating, write up a memory of 150 words or less describing your memory. You can also attach a photo - use the JPEG format and make sure that it is less than 5 MB.
Actress and author Josie Bissett shared a statement on the submission page that included : “Heinz® Ketchup was a part of


Read the rest of this entry »

.
Related Posts .

.
Heinz Declares: Out With the Pickle, In With the Tomato
Tomato Love Stories
Would You Buy Fancy Ketchup?


.
We are still enjoying wonderful weather. Here is what AOL says that we will have for today.
.
Today''' 8/26/09

Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High 89F. Winds light and variable.
.
I do hope that all of you are getting off to a good start today doing those thing that help it to be a good one. You know what they are. Dad is sending Love and good wishes to all of you wherever you are..
.
BYE BYE DAD
'
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M.

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Good morning, Dad. I was sitting here thinking what story surrounding ketchup would make a good memory to share, lol. I actually used to be quite the picky eater growing up. My mom had five children, so she handled meal times like an assembly line and would sometimes forget I did not care for ketchup on my eggs. Boy, do I remember fussing about it to a limit. Mom did not put up with disrepect. To this day, I still don't care for ketchup on my eggs, but I'm sure some folk out there like it. Just not me, lol.

I hope you have a wonderful day. God Bless!

Becky said...

Morning, Dad. I really liked your thought for the day. That is such a good one.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your great grandkids. How blessed you are to be able to know them... one even married already! I just hope I am around to meet my grandchildren... haven't even thought about great grandchildren!

Let me just grab a little cup of coffee now... MMMMMMMMM, that's good coffee. You know how to make the best coffee, Dad.

Mandy said...

It was great to see you and Aunt Mary this weekend, too. :) We are always so glad to spend time with you both. Maybe we can see you again soon in a big birthday party!!! haha.

Love you,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

On this morning when the news is of Edward Kennedy's death, your quote of the day is a perfect reminder to do our best at living, loving and working.

Growing up there was always a bottle of Heinz ketchup in our refrigerator. Once I was married, my refrigerator only had Heinz. It's to ketchup, like Starbuck's is to coffee. And when Sara was a wee one, she wanted it on all of her food. I wonder if Sara has Heinz in her refrigerator. Smile and enjoy the day.

...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
Sorry I missed coffee with you yesterday...but if you still have a cup this morning, I would love one!
Boy, Kara and Zachary have grown so much! And Mandy and Alex are still a beautiful couple...you are indeed a lucky man Dad; but I don't have to tell you that.
Enjoy this wonderful weather, but dont over do it!
Take care and I will talk to you soon!
I love you,
Vicki

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

You have a very lovely family. It's easy to see where they got their nice looks! ;) and wonderful that you were able to spend some time together over the weekend -- your Thought For The Day is so on point for us all, and we would all do well to cherish our loved ones, value our friendships, and live as if today is all there is, because it IS all there is, each moment! ;)

So glad you're having good weather and enjoying that coffee, Dad. I'm thinking about getting some coffee myself, and a sandwich and some fruit to go with it. Maybe even a cookie. Do you think I should? ;)

Love to you both from Jamaka and fams