Monday, August 24, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & TWENTY-TWO


Good Morning my dear friends,

"Time is so precious-do not waste it.''
.
Many years of life are wasted living for thyself alone."
.
"Begin the Day with God."

.
..
I have enjoyed sitting on this little patio down at the garden many times lately and just hearing and seeing nothing but nature. It does something to me that nothing else does. It has a calming effect on me. Problems of the day seem to fade away and the sight of all the birds being so care free, it makes me think of what Jesus said about the Sparrow.
.
"Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?" Luke 12:6.

.

Overheard In An Orchard
..
Said the Robin to the Sparrow
"I would really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.
..
"Said the Sparrow to the Robin
"Friend I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me."
By-Elizabeth Chaney - 1859
.
Sara we are glad that you all are home safe and sound. We enjoyed your vacation with you, what you told us each day was so interesting. Now it's time for me to look at Oreo and Misty, I know how to get there Sara's Dog Training if any of you want to go hop on and we will look in on them. I am sure that those two Shelties are glad to be home. DAD.
.
The video below is one of my favorites. I wish that you could stop in some day and sit with me, we might enjoy a cup of tea or coffee together as we watch and listen. I made this little video a few days ago .You will need to play it to understand why I like it.! Dad .



You are not worrying about this being Monday are you ? If you are please stop right now. You know so well that very few of the things that we worry about ever come to pass. So why don't we just start the day with a big smile, I will help you all I can, sit down and I will get you a cup of fresh ground and brewed Starbucks coffee ( I am using their Sumatra brand X bold this week.) or if you like your tea I also have it ready. Now that should help us to get going.
.

A NOTE ABOUT THE VIDEO BELOW
.
WE MADE THIS VIDEO LAST YEAR, '08
YOU WILL HEAR ME MAKING MENTION OF DUNKIN' DOUGHNUTS COFFEE, BUT THAT WAS BEFORE I CHANGED OVER TO STARBUCKS!




This Video above is one year old. We used it last year in our blog. I hope that you enjoy it this year again.
.
I wish that you would notice in the video what one year has done to me. Listen to my voice, it was a lot bettter then and you can just tell by the way I speak and move around that I was happy and feeling good. Time brings changes. I want to accept them without complaint. God knows best. DAD.
.
Our weather has been very nice for the last few days and it looks good for today according to AOL. Here is what they say-
.
Today --- 8/24/09
'
Sunny to partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 83F. Winds NE at 5 to 10
.
.
This is enough for this Monday morning. I must stop and get ready to earn my bread for today. I have a lot planned and I am going to do all that I can. I hope to be able to come back in the morning. Dad is sending Love and Good Wishes to all of you all around this world.
. .
BYE BYE DAD .


© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M.

6 comments:

Sonya said...

I enjoyed the fried green tomato video. Now I'm going to have to try some. Might be next year though. But I know the trick now...smaller tomatoes and also use cornmeal and not flour for the best taste. Sounds good to me. Hope you have a wonderful day. I love to watch nature too. It is calming. That is why I think I love our sunroom. Windows everywhere and you can open them. TAke care.

Mandy said...

Grandpa, It's good to see you this morning ... Granddaddy's coffee is not strong enough for me either! :) I love you and Aunt Mary, and it was wonderful spending time with you at the cabin.

Love you lots,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
I think you still sound great, even a year later! Your video was so nice and peaceful...the fountain and all the birds hopping happily around...it looks as though all is well in Knoxville this morning!
Enjoy this perfect weather and don't work too hard. Say hello to Mary.
Take care,
I love you,
Vic

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Gosh, I can't decide which of those two videos I like best. They're both wonderful! One makes me very hungry and the other makes me very happy. Both make me SMILE! ;) as does your Thought For The Day. So glad you had a good weekend and that your environment is so peaceful and serene. Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Sayit-baldys said...

BIRDS ARE A PLEASURE TO WATCH AND HEAR.sam

Becky said...

I really enjoyed that video of your backyard habitat, Dad! Those look like some very happy birds. I bet they have so much fun in that fountain! Were there birds going in and out of that birdhouse, is that why it was swinging, or was that just the wind?