Thursday, March 18, 2010

THURSDAY's ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & NINETY NINE

My mood for today 3/18/10 is Happy.
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it"
.
Click on this Eagle Web Cam and you will go right to the eagles nest, wonder what is going to happen today ?.
.
Yesterday I got my two Bird Bath's opened and working . I do still like the lighting on Cam # 2, but I will have that soon.
.
You may view these on Cam 2 & 3 today. I wish someone would let me know if you can see these. Dad.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1

DAD'S
OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3 .
.
We’re familiar with so many different tomato dishes and products - BLT’s, ketchup, tomato sauces, and so much more.
I’ve always had an adventurous palate, so I love trying new foods.
Here’s three different tomato dishes that are a little off the beaten path.
I’m especially fascinated by the tomato eclairs, since I have only had a sweet version.
Tomato Eclairs
I took an advanced baking class in community college. One of the pastries I learned to make was eclairs. They’re not too hard to make. You just mix up flour, butter, eggs and salt in a saucepan, then bake them in the oven. I’ve always made a sweet cream or custard, as well as frosting with chocolate sometimes. .

I suppose the idea
Read the rest of this entry »


Recipies, , .
.
By Vanessa Richins
.
I don’t ever recall having tomato soup when I was growing up.
I was missing out!
Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich is a warm and hearty treat for a wintry day, yet still not too heavy for a summer meal.
What’s your favorite kind of tomato soup? I’ve found some lovely recipes to share today. There’s even a recipe for a cake using tomato soup.
Chilled Tomato, Peach and Ginger Soup
This recipe was adapted by the Associated Press from a cookbook called “The Modern Vegetarian” by Maria Elia. I’m a big fan of ginger - it brings a distinctive tang to a dish. It will balance with the sweet of the peach. Since this soup is chilled, it’s especially suited for summer.
Egyptian Tomato Soup
Worth the Whisk has reconstructed a tomato soup that the author ate while in Egypt. It features chili powder, paprika, lime juice and pimientos. I’ve never been to Egypt, so I will sample this soup in the meantime.
Green Tomato Soup
Here’s yet another use for
Read the rest of this entry »
.
Sara I think about Oreo every morning when I begin to write this blog, I miss him so much. I do appreciate Misty she is so sweet and she does all that she is able to do I appreciate all that you tell us about both of them, I am going to click on this link Sara's Dog Training blog and visit both of them this morning. DAD.
.
If you love Tomatoes please click on the link below, and read all the way to the bottom, you will be glad to have all the information that is there. It will be a great help to you in producing a good tomato. It will help you solve a lot of your problems. Dad.

Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page.
.
There are a few more things that I want to get in this today, but I am going to have to come back later. I am fixing that Starbucks Sumatra bold + You are welcome anytime today early or late.
.
About all that I can think of to tell you right now is to " Live for others today and every day." It will bring a lot of peace in your own life.
.
Remember one writer called it " This cruel self. "and I agree with the writer.
.
I plan on being back in the morning.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
...

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Good morning Dad,
My boys & I went golfing the other day...a Bald Eagle was right there on the course eating his lunch...posted a pic on my blog...last I checked I had 3 tomatoes growing, yippy!!!
xoxoxoxo

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

Before heading outdoors for more cleanup work I needed a smile, some kind words, and a cup of Sumatra. Yesterday when clearing an area in my backyard and pulling out some old plastic border, I said "this is where I will plant tomatoes". Now I am excited and ready to buy some soil and use the Biota Max Soil Probiotic tablet to enhance the soil and grow tomatoes like yours.

Some of those tomato recipes are very unusual. Our newspaper said with the shortage of fresh tomatoes due to Florida's cold winter, they are requesting recipes using canned tomatoes. Let's hope summer gives us all the fresh tomatoes we can bite into.

Everytime I visit the eaglets they are being fed. What a hungry 3 they are!

I am not able to access your CAMS. I tried most of the things Jim suggested but attempts still bring down my Internet Explorer. You'll just have to post some photos of the bird baths and fountains for us.

Have a wonderful day and hugs to you and Mary.

...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

It's FEEDING TIME in the nest right now -- very exciting to see those three babies being given fish by Mamma Eagle! She's doing a very good job, too.

Those are some wonderful recipes, Dad --yes, tomatoes are a fruit, and they can be used for not only savory recipes, but more complex flavors as well! The Egyptian recipe sounds excellent.

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening, and I hope you get a chance to see those hungry babies being fed! Love to you both from Jamaka and fams