Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WEDNESDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED & FOUR

My mood for today 3/24/10 is Happy..
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it".
.
.Click on this Eagle Web Cam and you will go right to to the eagles nest, wonder what is going to happen today? It is interesting to watch them being fed. And you will begin to see them grow. They are going to be crowded very soon if they keep on eating like they are now.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2 ...Bird Bath
.
.DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3 ...Bird Bath.

.The bird bath,s are shown on Cam,s # 2 & 3.


http://eaglenest.blogs.wm.edu/
Joan sent me this beautiful link of the eaglets, just look how much they have grown !
.
Congratulations! You just had your first visitor from the country of Nepal.
That makes 80 country in which we have friends and readers.
.

My friend Cindy sent me this link yesterday Wishing For My Turn If you look at it be sure and scroll down and you will see Cindy's tomatoes. Good job Cindy I am produ of you. Dad.

This morning I am giving you the link to Sara's Dog Training blog. Oreo seems to be improving. You might want to go see for yourself. Dad.
.
This article below is longer than I usualy use, but the story is good, the thought is encouraging.. We may just be an old leaky pot. But we could be useful
Just do what we are able to do. Dad.
..
An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do. After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. 'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.' The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'
'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.' For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.' Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

So, to all of my cracked pot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!
.
p://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.
.
This link above wll give you our local weather report. And your own if you will type in your zip code. I am confused by this unsually weather. Monday was a cold rainy miserable day, but we do expect a little change today according to the weather report..
Tuesday it did get better, we had a lot of sunshine and Maybe more today, Wednesday.
.
Today. Wednesday 3/24/10
Plenty of sun. High 22C. Winds light and variable.
Sunshine and a few clouds. High 72F. Winds light and variable.

.
Now that looks much better, maybe I am going to have a few tomatoes after all. SMILE
.
Sunrise Sunset
7:33 am
7:50 pm

.
Hereis my thought for today.


" Ask and it shall be given you seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

For everone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

These are words of Jesus, taken from Mathew chapter 7, verses 7 & 8

Now about all I want to leave with you is this, be kind and gentle with ever one that you meet today. And at the end of the day you will be glad.

I do plan, if all goes well to see you in the morning. No I did not forget to make coffee it is ready.

BYE BYE DAD.
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved...


7 comments:

Sonya said...

Good morning. Hope you enjoy this beautiful day. Wasn't yesterday gorgeous?
Happy Spring...then rain coming latter part of the week.

Glad you had the 80th country to visit.

Cindi said...

Goooooood morning Dad!
Thx again for mentioning me in your blog...so sweet and your encouraging words too...big big hugs!
I loved todays lil story, I had heard it long ago, it is nice to revisit, and reflect. You also posted my favorite vs in the Bible Matthew 7:7 very wise words....have a great day
xoxoxoxo

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
I need a cup of coffee & some conversation. It's supposed to be nice today....up around 70. It's kinda cool this morning though as the temp is 40.4 @ the moment. I saw Cindi's tomatoes! She did very good! Have a great day!

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

I never heard the story of the woman with the pots and it brought tears to my eyes. It is encouraging and it shows that even when we don't know it we can be doing good.

The quilts for my grandsons arrived last night. They are so beautiful and the tee-shirts hold memories of their Dad. The quilter added a special touch. At the top of the quilt, she quilted "I Miss You" and at the bottom of the quilt, "I Love You". She said it could be the boys saying it to their Dad or their Dad saying it to the boys.

Soon I will be planting 3 tomato plants (I think that will be enough for my first attempt) and I hope they do as well as Cindi's. I also want to put a cherry tomato plant in a pot on the patio so I can pick a few everytime I sit out there. With your help I know I will be successful. Enjoy the warmth and beauty of today. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Great post on gardening. Will be reading your blog more.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

It's nap time in the nest right now ;)

That is one of my favorite online stories, Dad. Thanks for sharing it again! and your Thought For The Day as well. Yes, you're getting more visitors every day from all over the world -- it's great knowing that wherever we live, we are really all very much alike, and we want the same things when all's said and done -- a place to live, food, clothes and shelter, security and peace if possible, freedom and justice if possible, and to know our loved ones are safe. ;)

Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

jrjelinek said...

Hello. It was wonderful meeting you on our trip to visit Doug and I have enjoyed reading your blog. We made it back home safely on Monday and since then I've been busy unpacking, washing and putting clothes away. The weather here is a little to cold to start planting yet but I am looking at my various seeds and thinking it is about time that I can get them started inside where it is nice. Here is a link to my blog. Wish I could say I kept up on it well but I don't. Take care in TN. With love from NE. http://sisofeleven.blogspot.com/