Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WEDNESDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FIFTY SEVEN

Picture by Jim from his yard in Kingsport, TN
.
My mood for today 5/26/10 is Happy.
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
" Wasted years will come again no more " .
.
" All the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of today."
.

I need to go visit Misty and Oreo so I Click here why don't you go with me, I need a smile and I am sure that you could use one
.
Dear DAD,
You and Mary send out smiles to the world everyday. I think this will make you smile. It certainly made me think of you. Aloha, Betty

.
This below is from my friend Betty, she is so faithful in sending me lots of things that she thinks that I would like. Thanks so much Betty. Dad

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat. A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words. Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy
.
. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?" The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way." I wrote: "Today is a beautiful day but I cannot see it." Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind.
.
The second sign told people that they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective? Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively. When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.
.
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling¦ And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it!!! If you like, share
.
.
Mary saw two young mockingbirds this afternoon. We thought there was a mockingbird nest nearby, and today we learned which bush it was in--Just outside our living room window. Mary noticed two little birds on the ledge and at first she thought they were wrens or sparrows. Then one of them moved where she could see its markings. Yes, it was a "junior" mockingbird. Mary said two of the little birds flew back and forth from the ledge to the bush.
.
We knew that there was a mockingbird nest somewhere in the yard because we had seen two mockingbirds keeping patrol and running off crows. We had several large black crows coming to the bird feeders and the mockingbirds would swoop down and peck them, then when the crow flew off, the mom and dad mockingbirds followed right behind like in formation, one on each side.The mockingbird on the left caught up with the crow one time and pecked the crow again.

So mom and dad mockingbird have taken care of their little family very well!


.
“Overheard in an Orchard”
.
by Elizabeth Cheney
.


Said the robin to the sparrow,"I would really like to know,
Why those anxious human beings rush around and worry so."
Said the sparrow to the robin,"Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father such as cares for you and me."
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3


.ORDER Biota Max™ NOW!
.
Take your five minute break here
(click above for your break)
.
Here is my thought for today,
.
" All the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of today."
.
We need to be careful with that clean sheet that we are starting of with this morning.

This is going to be all for now, if I have time more later. I am leaving plenty of that Starbucks Sumatra X bold ready and waiting on anyone that can stop in.
.I plan on being back here on Thursday morning if all goes well,
.
Untill then let's all try to be good.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

6 comments:

Becky said...

Real nice blog today, Dad. Thanks for sharing all the good thoughts, it did my heart good.

Sara said...

Dad,
I had Oreo & Misty at the vet yesterday (nothing is wrong with them!), and she has a tiny, baby robin in her office. The bird had fallen out of its nest and someone had brought it to the vet. The vet was feeding it with a syringe until she could bring it to a wildlife sanctuary. Hopefully, they be able to rerelease it into the wild.

I have never seen a baby bird that small. What a precious creature! And LOUD! That bird loves to eat!

Now that made me smile.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How delightful that you have those little birds nearby. I'm sure you will have fun watching out for them. Just like the poem about the sparrow they do teach us a lot about what is important in life. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Joan said...

Good Afternoon DAD...

We are home again after a wonderful visit to our daughter and grandsons in NJ. Those boys do keep us busy and smiling.

You have a delightful blog today. Lots of wonderful stories to keep us smiling.

Now I have to go out in this heat and check on those tiny tomato plants of mine.

Hope you are staying cool and refreshed and happy today. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

More lovely flowers -- don't those two colors look beautiful together? The eaglets are up and at 'em right now ;) They must like your thoughts for the day as much as I do! The one about counting one's blessings through adversity is the best. How seldom we really think to do that, and to realize that, while today may seem harsh, there will be brighter days ahead.

Thanks for the coffee -- it's really good today! -- and wishing you both a good evening. Love from Jamaka and fams

Lynne said...

Hi -- Running late tonite but wanted to stop in and read, glad I did, thanks for sharing!