Saturday, August 14, 2010

SATURDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND FIFTY...Googles Entry # 2180

Prince at 4 1/2 months old
Good Morning
.
How could you ever be in a sad mood when having Prince sit and watch you work. So my mood today is Happy. Prince is like Dad he enjoys these early morning hours.
......
.
http://picasaweb.google.com/TomatoJournalman/DadSRoseGardenAlbum2010

... ( For the best viewing use the Slide show on there two links.)
.
Dad's Smile Album.
.
...
THE KEEPERS OF THE LIGHT
...
The keepers of the light, who day by dayWipe clean the lamp, that it will clear displayTrim back the wick, so that it will burn bright
..
Then add the oil, enough to burn all night.'Tis not their lot to turn the helms of shipsNor change the tide, or stop the wind that whipsTheir portion is that precious light to tendAnd o'er and o'er a constant message send.
..
The Keepers of the Light, at eventide, Kindle the flame, which shall in darkness guideThe Mariners who ply the treach'rous seaOft peering in the dark, so anxiously.That steady beam which says that 'Someone cares',
..
Makes even hardened seamen offer prayers,That still upon the earth are such as these,Concerned to help them safely cross the seas.The Keepers of the Light in midnight drear,They know not who is watching, far or near;Nor can they see some weary seaman weep
..
When lost at sea, A glimpse! A bearing reap!These faithful souls, whose vigil in the nightSteadfast to send a beacon of strong light;It matters not how fierce the storm and gale,They purpose true...
...
'THE LIGHT MUST NEVER FAIL'!!
...
Dean Bruer.
.
Sara when I saw what the weather report is today here in Tennessee I was glad to know that yoy three do have it much better, The tempeature is stating off her at 3 a.m. at 83 and it is going to 95 or higher, I hope that you Misty and Oreo have a relaxing time there at Sara's Dog Training home today. I will see you Monday morning. Dad
.
Here is a good thought that I found in The Knoxville News Sentinel yesterday, it is so true.
.
" As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses for you only get to play one round,".
,
By Ben Hogan, American golfer.
.
.
The tomato season is not over every where in this world so some of you might like to see this LINK .BELOW..
.
Dad's Tomato Web Page .it will be a lot of help to you. DAD..
.
As you know I do not write a blog on sunday so I will leave this open so I can add anything that might come in during the day.
.
.
I do have an electrician that is comming to work this morning to work on my lighting system. I am hopeing for some improved lighting.
.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights

7 comments:

Cin said...

Prince makes me happy too!
have a great day!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Price is a beautiful Kitty ~ I can understand how he makes your days happy ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, DAD,
We knew that Prince would bring smiles to your face and Mary's. He makes us all smile. Dan and I took our Granddaughter to the Bronx Botanical Garden. She got to plant some sunflower seeds and bring the plant home. Your friends at Burpee sponsored this activity. When I see her Burpee cup filled with soil on the windowsill, I think of you and all the cups filled with Burpee Tomato plants that you have encouraged folks to bring into their gardens. You are blessed. Enjoy Sunday prayer meeting and dear friends who will gather with you. Aloha, Sara's aunt

Nancy said...

Hello dear Dad! I sure hope you haven't forgotten me. Sorry I haven't been around but I'll try harder. Good to see you and your wonderful blog and happy attitude!
Miss you...

Love,Nancy

http://nancyluvspix.blogspot.com/

madcobug said...

Hi Dad, the picture of Prince is very good. He looks so regal. I like the Keepers of the Light.
You and Mary have a great weekend.
Helen

Anonymous said...

Hello DAD...

We just got home from our 1 week at the beach with lots of family. Everyone at the beach house said "Thank You for the Delicious Tomatoes". They are all amazed at your growing them and also you packaging them and sending them to me.

I wish I had time to open your blog this morning. Prince sitting so proudly watching over us, would have made the 3 hours of clean up work a lot more pleasant. He has grown a lot since the last photo you posted. He is so regal!

I checked on my tomato plants as soon as I got out of the car. Well the 2 big red brandywine's had "huge" bites taken out of them. My guess is squirrels sitting on the fence and stretching to get a nice firm bite. I have a few more ripening up and maybe the cherry tomatoes will be ready by my sister's visit on Tuesday or Wednesday. The green ones from your garden are in my basement staying cool and looking good and ready for frying.

Tomorrow is Sunday and meeting day for you. I know you enjoy attending the meetings no matter how hot the weather. See you on Monday.

...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Oh, Dad and Ms. Mary,
Prince is SO HANDSOME! You are, I'm sure, both feeling so lucky to have him in your lives. And I know there's a beautiful angel Princess smiling down on you all, very glad you are giving the love you have to her to another sweet, deserving cat! ;)