Friday, September 9, 2011



This video shows the memorial that was built in Washington DC in honor of those killed either in the plane or in the pentagon on 9/11/01.  It is subtle and lovely and peaceful.

This above is a couple of days early, maybe I will show it through Saturdays entry which can be viewed on Sunday. DAD.

Sad memories indeed, but America did not give up in despair or fear, what a great privilege  to be an American.


Mix of sun and clouds. High 26C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 79F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

That looks a little better for a time to set on the patio, but I doubt that I will have very much time, since I am to have two hours of treatment on  that Hyperbarie oxygen therapy this morning, it will last two hours, then I will be free until Monday. I am feeling so much better since this started, you may have to put up with me a little longer as I try to produce smiles these days, the season is over for roses and tomatoes, but the season for smiles is never over, and that includes the entire world, so give me a big one this morning and I will pass it on. Thanks Dad.

  • Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-1
  • Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-2
  • Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-3

    I feel ashamed of myself right now, all that I have talked about  this morning is an old man named Dad. And that is not the way that it should be. I talk so much about " Living for others" and then just do the opposite . At this late time in the Journal about all I can do is offer you a cup of my Starbucks Sumatra x bold coffee, it is ready and waiting. And tell you that I do think of you every day and Love you.

    I am going to stop for a short rest, I will be around more today, and also in the morning if you don't lock me out, I would not blame you.

  • Edit sidebar

  • This below is for Saturday entry I am holding it here until then. DAD

    I want to write today a little about my first school days, which was a long time ago, it would have been in 1919. There sure are a lot of changes since that time. I remember very well the little two room school building that I attended. The name of the school was White's School. It was named after my grandfather because he gave the land for the school to be built on. As I mentioned before, the school had two rooms. They were called the little room and the big room. In the little room were the first four grades - first, second, third, and fourth, and one teacher took care all four grades and all the different subjects that were taught. In the big room was the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth, and the teacher in this room was the principal of the school. There was a long bench in the front of our desks facing the teacher. When school began in the morning our teacher would call the first grade to come to the front and sit on the bench. Then we would have about an hour of teaching, and then return to our desks, and the next class would be called up. And that continued until all classes were over. In the time that we were not in class we sat at our desks in the same room trying to study for our next class.

    I am going to be telling you about the school facilities or the lack of them. I know some of these things may sound like "hard times," but I appreciate every hard experience that I had.

    Talking more about my old school--One of my comments was did we have a bell to ring at the beginning of each school day. I was about to forget to mention that. Thanks J for reminding me. Yes we did have a bell; there was a belfry on the top of the building. The rope to ring the bell came down into the big room. The teacher would let different ones of us students ring the bell. We were so proud and felt so important when it was our day.

    Of course we did not have any place to play inside, so all our play time was outside. I think that baseball and basketball were the most popular games. Since we did not have a cafeteria we ate our lunch on sunny days outside, and at our desk when it was raining. We had to bring our lunch from home because there was none sold in walking distance of the school.

    We didn't have central heat, of course, in our rooms. Each room had a large, iron pot-belly stove. One of our teachers came up with a good idea for us. During the cold months she made us a big pot of stew for our lunch on the stove. Each student could bring anything from their home, such as a potato, tomato, corn, or anything that would work in the stew. The teacher brought a piece of beef. She would put the stew on to cook in the morning, and it would be ready for us at lunch time.  We were supposed to bring from home our bowl and a spoon and a piece of corn bread. That was our lunch, and we all had a little part in it. About an hour before lunch time that stew sure began to smell good. We could hardly wait for the lunch hour to come.

    Don't you think this was nice? I still love beef stew. There are a few more things I want to mention. We did not have a school bus, so that meant a walk to and from school, which we all enjoyed very much. And then I just wanted to mention that there was not a janitor at school so my brother Ralph and I got the job of sweeping out the school rooms each day after school was out. Then in the winter months we would come to school about an hour early in the morning to start a fire in the two big iron stoves. And I remember so well the first book we had. It was it was a reader titled, Baby Ray and his little dog Penny. I sure would like to have one of those books now. If any of you know where I could get one I sure would be glad to hear from you.

    Even though I have mentioned a lot of what could be considered as "hardships," I didn't see them as that, and I still don't. I'm so glad I had the privilege of attending White's School. We loved our teachers very much, and they were good teachers who took an interest in us and wanted us to do well in school. To this day I can still remember their names. There were 8 of them.

    My first teacher was Edna Finger. She was an excellent teacher and helped me so much when school was a new experience for me. Another teacher that comes to mind was Sam Capps. I don't remember the year he taught. He was a real friend to me. Some days he would send me and one of my friends, Clyde, to a little store about a mile from the school to get him some Hershey Kisses. He loved chocolate, and when we got back he would always give us each a Hershey Kiss. We thought that was something. It was on our lunch hour that we went. I graduated from White's School in 1927. There were only 6 in the class, and I think that one other man and I are the only ones left.

    I won't ever forget my days at White's School.

  • This above is being saved for Saturdays journal.

  • Note: It is only 6:45 P M. eastern time, and I have had a busy but very enjoyable day, I was out of that bed early this morning writing this journal, I am feeling so much better since I have been on the oxygen that I am receiving, and can do so much more, I am a little weary from all the fun that I have had to day. So I am going to lay down for awhile.

    BYE   BYE   DAD

  • BYE     BYE     DAD


    Anonymous said...

    Good Morning, DAD,
    In a friendship, we share. You are telling us what is happening in your life and we appreciate that you are comfortable sharing that with us. The HBOT is already working. I can feel your good energy. I pray that the extra oxygen will rush full speed to your foot and heal the sore. It is good stuff!
    Yesterday was a big day for many of our grandchildren. It was their first day of school. They look so cute and proud with their new backpacks. May a love of learning be with them all of their lives.
    I'll be back in the afternoon for a cup of coffee. See you then.
    Aloha from HI.....Sara's aunt

    Sara said...

    My first day of school went great yesterday. I have a great bunch of kids in my resource room this year. One of my math classes will be a handful, but there is always one difficult class every year!

    Can't believe it is friday already. I am so looking forward to some sunshine this weekend and getting outside in my yard iwth the dogs.

    Anonymous said...

    Good Morning DAD...

    Finally the rain has stopped but not before a lot more flooding and bridge closings in our area. I hope the next few sunny days will energize and encourage those who must begin their struggles to recover.

    When you are in the oxygen therapy machine are you able to read to help pass the time? It is so good to know that this therapy is available close to you and it is really helping, I feel your SMILES getting bigger with each healing day.

    My grandsons sent me smiles over the phone yesterday as they told me about their first day of kindergarten and 4th grade in a new school. They were excited about it all and didn't even complain about the bus being 1 hour and 45 minutes late picking them up after school. I sure hope the bus driver gets his route straight today. Do you remember any first day of school events? We would love to hear about your school days. Think about that time today while in therapy and report back to us tomorrow or next week. ...Sara's Mom

    jmuhj said...

    Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

    Your school days sound very interesting, Dad! Six of you in the graduating class -- you must have gotten a lot of individual attention from the teachers, which we never hear of now. The stews your teachers made in the wintertime sound very good, too -- imagine any class having that these days! I always took my lunch from home, too, as the cafeteria food was inedible and the vending machine food was not something I would want to folks believed in healthy and natural, for which I am so grateful.

    How did your treatment go? I have heard of hyperbaric chamber and that it is very helpful for patients. Hopefully it will be for you, too!

    Wishing you all a relaxing and good weekend, safe journeys, and love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams <3