Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nice Ripe Tomatoes

Yesterday at Dad’s Place (Jim is writing)
We picked tomatoes from Dad’s tomato garden yesterday. The recent rains and hot weather have helped their growth. The plants and the fruit are both beautiful. The tomatoes are also delicious! Here’s a couple of pictures:

018
017

I mention on my blog, “Dad would be smiling”. Someone corrected me to say, “Dad IS  smiling”.

Dad’s Book
The 1st printing of the books are almost gone. I have about 5 copies left to sell. If you want one, please let me know soon. First come first serve.

~~~

We continue to work on emptying the house. We plan a sale of household items sometime in the next 6-8 weeks. We hope to get the house on the market sometime this fall. It continues to be an emotional challenge.

We loved Dad. We miss him. Life goes on. We have wonderful memories, and so much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm sure your dad is smiling. Those tomatoes look wonderful!

Sara said...

Wow, that's a lot of tomatoes!

betty said...

Those bushel baskets filled with delicious tomatoes are like a thousand smiles from DAD.
Thanks, Jim. Aloha.

Kath said...

Hello their,my name is Kath and I only commented a few times on Dads Tomato Garden journal,when I was in in J/Land,but I did read himand follow on into blogger to read.I enjoyed reading all his posts.As many have said, he is missed so much and was loved by so many.As Ma said another lady I hae followed quite a few years now,I remember him for the good old cup of coffeehe loved each morning.You are an inspriration to carry on writing here.What a fantastic crop that is.I have always loved gardening,but never done veg and fruit.I am sure Dad is with you all the while.Keep up the good work.Praise the Lord he had you.Take Care God Bless Kath xx