Friday, January 9, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED & TWENTY SEVEN.

Good Morning.

"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved.
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.....
And my mood is Happy and I AM
SMILING.



Here below is a poem that was sent to me by John M. It is so good that I just had to show it first this Friday morning. DAD.

....

STEADFAST HEART
..
I’ve dreamed many dreams that never came true
I’ve seen them vanish at dawn;
But I’ve realized enough of my dreams come true
To make me want to dream on.
..
I’ve prayed many prayers when no answer came
Though I waited patient and long;
But answers have come to enough of my prayers
To keep me praying on..
..
I’ve trusted many a friend that’s failed
And left me to weep alone;
But enough of my friends have proved true blue
To keep me trusting on.
..
I’ve sown many seeds that fell by the way
For birds to feed upon;
But I’ve held enough golden sheaves in my hand
To make me keep sowing on.

I’ve drained the cup of disappointment and pain
I’ve gone many days without song;
But I’ve sipped enough nectar from the roses of life
To make me want to live on.


....

Author Unknown
...
Here is my thought for today. 1/09/09.

" "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."

Martin Buber

....

Princess had an appointment with her Dr. yesterday at the Dogwood Animal Hospital. This thought above was on the wall over the reception desk. We though that it was good, so that's our thought for today. DAD.

The tea and coffee will be ready in about 10 minutes, and it sure does smell good this morning, don't go away, sit down and relax and don't frown I need to see a smile.

At 3 A.M. this morning the temperature was 28, that's a little colder than the 45 we had Thursday morning, and it looks like another sunny day. I can't hardly wait to get working in the ground, I like to get my hands dirty and get what I like to call it, " That good tired feeling, " being tired from doing a good days work, and then you can get a good rest when night comes. Dad.

....My old stand by the side panel is coming up right over there on the right, I don't think that I could make it without using it. I hope that you can use it. I have a few more links to add there. DAD.....

....

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM
Dad's Smile Album

....

Here are two links above from the side panel that I would like for you to view if you have the time.

.....
Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page
..
Dad's Fried Green Tomatoes Web Page
..
http://sites.google.com/site/dadssongbirdandrosegarden/Home
..
http://sites.google.com/site/dadsmemoirsandthoughts
..
These 4 web pages above are edited daily and give you a lot of good reading. As the tomato season gets closer they will be helpful.

....
....

Some people MAKE things happen, some people LET things happen and some people WONDER what happened!!

..

It's time to stop for now. I will be back on Saturday morning if all is well. I hope that the day goes good for you. Remember that the weekend will soon be here.

....

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE SENT ME EMAIL & NICE COMMENTS, I DO APPRECIATE IT. DAD....

..

BYE BYE DAD

white6416r@aol.com

865-850-5763

....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning, Dad! Here's a BIG SMILE for you! I brought doughnuts to have with our coffee.

My dad used to talk about "that good tired feeling," too. He always said that working outside could cure the blues real quick. And I think he was right!

Hope you and Mary have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Morning Ray, Hope all is well down your way. Had a stuffy nose & could'nt sleep. Just want you to know that reading your journal each day helps keep my spirits close to home. For that I'm greatfull. You &Mary have a great day. Love to all. Jay, your brother in Christ.

Kelly said...

Good morning Dad, it is a chilly one this morning isnt it? It made me linger under the covers a bit longer than usual this morning. ;) I hope Princess was just having a follow up visit and she is okay. I am ready to have that good tired feeling too. I feel so much better when I accomplish a lot in a day. Now that we are into January I feel like we are getting close to some warmer weather. You know how it is, sometimes we can sneak in some warm days in the last half of March. I like that about living in the southeast. I need some of that coffee to get me going this morning so I am going to head over to the coffee pot now and y'all have a nice day today! Love, Kelly

Michelle said...

A lover (and writer) of poetry, just love that one you shared today.... thanks so much for sharing.

This morning I'm trying a new coffee, a swiss mocha chocolate (don't usually like flavored coffee's) but this one is good.

A bit brisk down there in TN today, hoping it warms up a bit for you. Cold up here as expected in New England. 9 degrees this morning, should warm up to about 26 degrees. We have a windchill though, so it feels colder. Snow is on the way tomorrow night.

Have a great day!!

Michelle

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, Thanks for sharing the poem, I loved it. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Linda