Friday, November 6, 2009

FRIDAY'S ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & EIGHTY SIX.

Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
God can’t be a shepherd to us unless we are sheep to Him.
..



I read this in a Life Is Good e-mail this morning and thought it fit with your thought for the day. .
.
Sara's Mom sent me this nice thought below. DAD.

.
"Remember to forget the troubles that pass your way; but never forget the blessings that come each day."
.
Have a wonderful day with many *SMILES*....Sara's Mom

You didn't know that Dad could play the piano, did you? Well, he can't. The video below is of one of our friends playing a beautiful piano piece.


.
If you will look over to your right you can see Dad's tomato garden album. This is what we done this past spring.
.

Some more news about how good tomatoes are for you!
CLICK HERE
.
http://www.burpee.com/?cid=2009_11_04_Hellebores&.
Beautiful flowers from Burpee. click above.
.
As usual I am in a hurry for my Starbucks Coffee this morning. It is almost ready so sit down and we will enjoy a little early morning visit and this good coffee. DAD.
.
.
I hope that you are enjoying Oreo and Misty as much as I do. I do not miss a morning going to Sara's blog and seeing what is going on with her and these talented Shelties. If you want to see them this morning all you need to do is click on this Sara's Dog Training and you will be there. I love Shelties and I hope that some day I may own one. Dad.
.
Shooting My Universe
.
Ecobirder These are two link that Dad reads every day. They are good.
.
Posted on 02 November 2009 by tomatocasual.com

.
Mediterranean Diet, Tomatoes and Depression
Tags: ,
.
By Vanessa Richins

.
When I was going to community college, I took an Italian cooking class.
I developed a love of olive oil, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and more.
As I’ve grown older, I’ve started eating more fruits, vegetables and nuts.
I didn’t realize it, but I’m not far off from what’s called the “Mediterranean Diet”, of which I would personally consider the tomato a star. The name comes from the diet common to the areas, like Italy, around the Mediterranean Sea - fruits, vegetables, fish, legumes, olive oil and nuts. It’s been lauded for years as a way to a healthy heart.
Scientists are now saying that it may also be a key to a healthy mind. As the
New York Times reports, “A study of over 10,000 Spaniards followed for almost four and half years on average found that those who reported eating a healthy Mediterranean diet at the beginning of the study were Read the rest of this entry »
..
Related Posts



Spanish Children Don’t Eat Tomatoes?
Mediterranean Tomatoes in the UK
Haggis, Blood Pudding and Shepherd’s Pie: The Horrors of the Tomato Free Diet
.
Email This Post
...
.
http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/tn/knoxville/id/37920... .
This link above will give you the weather report for the Tennessee Valley , and you can also get your own local weather by typing in your zip code. Dad.
.
This is all for this day, but I will be knocking on your door early in the morning if all is well. You know the things that I like for all of us to do each day without me having to tell you every morning. Let's do our best today, Give our all in seeking to cheer someone along the way.
..
BYE BYE DAD..

.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.
.
.You will find links lots more over on the side panel

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Here is a SMILE for you this morning. It's Friday and that is always my favorite day. I love the thought about the blessings and am borrowing it to place in my journal today. I'm off to work soon. Hope you enjoy your Friday!

Kelly said...

Good morning Dad, testing to see if I can post a comment, okay, it is going to let me in today! ;) I enjoyed the piano playing and the good words this morning to get me going. I have been having some good days lately and got up early today with the sun for a change. Have a good day today, and tell Mary hello for me. Wish I could have some coffee, but I am settling for some caffiene and sugar free Vanilla Cafe. Its okay, but I miss the caffiene. Love, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD....

The coffee and your blog are warm and good this Friday morning. The weather outside my window is looking cold and nasty. It is a good day to stay in and read all the links to reasons to eat tomatoes. I usually pass on tomatoes in the winter because they just don't taste like summer tomatoes. Now, I am going to be buying and eating tomatoes year round and even have my sandwiches on tomato wraps.

With all these wonderful tips you give us, we may all greater healthier and live to 100. Have a good day and *SMILE*. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Beautiful nuthatches in your friend's blog, and beautiful piano playing from your friend! ;) And interesting links about tomatoes. It sounds as though some places in the Mediterranean are not eating well, either; I guess it's a conscious choice, and aren't we glad we love tomatoes?

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening and weekend -- love to you both from Jamaka and fams