Good Morning. Google Entry # 2168. .
.
My thought have been on my WILDLIFE HABITIT for the past few days. I have enjoyed it so much. In this extreme hot weather it is a pleasure to sit in my officc and watch those birds enjoy the two bird baths that I have for them.
.
If you do not have a Wildlife Hibatit I would hope that you would consider planning one. It will be a little cost and labor spent, but you will say that is is well worth it and more.
.
Please read this interesting article below by David Mizejewski. DAD
With the heat of the summer in full swing, you know there’s nothing quite as refreshing as a cold glass of water or a dip in the pool, lake or ocean. But what would you do if you were a hot, thirsty bird and couldn’t find that relief? Since normally abundant water sources can begin to dry up in the sun and heat, some of our feathered friends find themselves desperate to find a cool haven.You can help provide a refreshing oasis for wildlife thisseason simply by creating a National Wildlife FederationAdvanced “Bird-Friendly” Certified Wildlife Habitat™ site!Whether it’s a place for them to clean their feathers or a stopover to refuel with a quick drink, all birds need water year-round. And they’re relying on you to help! Simply providing a water source in your backyard is one of the best ways to care for and attract local birds, from hummingbirds to songbirds — even some waterfowl! Here are a few helpful hints for turning your yard into a haven for wildlife this summer.Provide a bird bath on a pedestal or a shallow dish at ground level to attract birds of all types and sizes.Stack rocks in your bird bath to create landing places so tiny hummingbirds can bathe.Clean and refill your bird bath or water dish every few days to prevent your water source from becoming a breeding habitat for mosquitoes.Create a pond, if space permits, to provide habitat for wading birds, ducks and other waterfowl. After providing a water source and other essentials for the birds in your neighborhood, don’t forget to designate your garden as an Advanced “Bird-Friendly” Certified Wildlife Habitat™ site. You’ll not only experience wildlife in your own yard, but for your $35 application fee, you’ll receive many other benefits too (see sidebar to right)! Get started today! .Sincerely,
.
David MizejewskiNWF Naturalist,
Media Spokesperson, Author
.
I am having a cup of that good X bold coffee , and I have enough for you if you can make it in this morning, nothing gets me to going better than my coffee.
.
I am feeling good and of course my mood is HAPPY.
.
Good Morning Sara. How are things at Sara's Dog Training this morning ? I hope that you get to take your daily walk with Misty and Oreo. I know that it must be a lot of pleasure for you and them. DAD
.
http://the-estate-gardeners-diary.blogspot.com/
This is a very interesting link, click and see, Dad.
.
Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code.
..
todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920
.
Today..8/6/10
Sunshine. High 32C. Winds light and variable.
Sunny. High 91F. Winds light and variable.
.
The weather is getting some better, I know that I can work outside in this.
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
DAD'S Outdoor Web Cam #3
I hope that these three Cams will be of interest to you. I am very produd of them. Dad.
.
I must stop, you should have kicked me out at least an hour ago, this blog is entirlet to long, but talking about my Wildlife HABITAT took up a lot of space.
.
Please use my side panel for anything that is not here.Dad.
.
May you always have work for your hands to do.May your pockets hold always a coin or two.May the sun shine bright on your windowpane. May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.May the hand of a friend always be near you.And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.-- Blessings
.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
14 years ago

3 comments:
Good Morning DAD...
I have lots to do this morning before going on a 1 week vacation. But I am never too busy to take a break and visit with you and share a cup of Sumatra.
I think a lot of birds throughout the world will be getting a drink today because of your posting David Mizejewski's article on how to provide a refreshing oasis for wildlief.
And I think a lot of people throughout the world will be working today with a smile on their face after they read the lovely Blessing you posted today. I know I am smiling and now I am ready to pack the bags and pack the car and gently pack some beautiful, delicious red tomatoes!
Have a wonderful day! ..Sara's Mom
DAD,
I've been bringing my camera on our walks, but so far, we haven't seen mama deer and her babies again. I'll keep trying.
~sara
Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and Prince!:
What a nice blessing! May it be true for you all, too. Sounds like your weather is a bit more tolerable than it has been -- hope you'll see lots of birds bathing and taking advantage of your beautiful wildlife habitat. Can you imagine seeing hummingbirds bathing? ;) We have them here and I have a water dish out, but I have never seen one using it. The larger birds use it, though; I put it out so that any cats in the neighborhood whose people don't know to keep them indoors can stop by for a drink. Possums and skunks, too. The raccoons sometimes drink out of my watering can on the front verandah, and then wash their hands in it and turn it over. I can always tell when one has stopped by, from the dirty water left in the can ;)
Have a wonderful weekend! Love to you all from Jamaka and fams
Post a Comment