Wednesday, August 27, 2008

ENTRY # FIFTEEN HUNDRED & NINE

GOOD  MORNING.

( If you will use this Permalink again today you will be able to read this entry much better  please do this for Dad. )

If you had as good a rest as I did last night I think that we are going to have a good day, we did have our usual troubles yesterday and I was tired at bed time and I think me being tired help me to sleep good, None of our problems were  so bad, we were able to handle them

So now I am ready for my coffee which will soon be ready also the tea, come on in.

 

Picture by Dad.         

SOMETHING NEW!

Click below:

DAD'S OUT DOOR WEB CAM

( Click on this above you might get a glimps of Dad out there enjoying himself. )

    • Look Rock  In the west.

    •    The two cams in the Smokies, one in the eastern part and the other one in the  west.

    • Purchase  Knob   In  the east.

    • DAD'S OWN OUTDOOR WEB CAM    This is new.

    • WEATHER     This is AOL weather.

    • WEATHER . COM     This  link is very good also.

    • ( I  seem to use this every day, but I personally like and use it every day.)

    • . Be sure and see what  Jim has to say today, I know that he will make you smile,  Dad....

    • Dad's Smile Album 

        ( I value this SMILE ALBUM very much. DAD )

      Look at this link above and then tell me what you think about those SMILES. Is your smile there, if not I would be glad  to have it, and remember that a smile is the same language in every country, and it don't cost you a cent to give, but it is worth very much to the ones that receive it, Help me out. DAD.

      Posted on 26 August 2008 by urbangardencasual.com
      Garden Friends Part 1: Attracting Hummingbirds

      By Cindy Naas

      My favorite birds are hummingbirds.

      These tiny, vibrant creatures can bring a smile in an instant.

      I love their natural curiosity and how they are able to appear motionless. Besides a hummingbird feeder, there are many plants that will attract them. Here are a few of my favorites.

      1) Sunset Hyssop (Agastache rupestris)

      All of the hyssops that have pink or orange flowers attract hummingbirds, but my favorite is Sunset hyssop. These flowers are a brilliant mixture of orange, purple and pink. When I worked at a water conservation garden, I loved pruning by this plant. The hummingbirds were always nearby, sparring. Sometimes they would zip right near my head to see what I was doing. This plant has a splendid scent - described as licorice or root beer. Once it is established, it is drought resistant

      2) Hummingbird Trumpet (Zauschneria spp)

      These trumpet-shaped flowers come Read the rest of this entry »

      Now tell me, don't you think that it was best to use the Permalink today ? Thanks so much, Dad.

    •  

      8 comments:

      white6416r said...

      This is Dad checking on comments

      white6416r said...

      There is a spot to save your comment way up on the journal. Please bear with me untill I can get it corrected, DAD

      madcobug said...

      Good morning Dad, I checked out your cam this morning but I suppose it's to early for you to be out. I hope you, Mary and Princess have a good day. I will be off after lunch today to have an MRI done in two places on this back. A long time for me to lay still. Hugs to you and Mary. Helen

      madcobug said...

      Good morning Dad, I checked out your cam this morning but I suppose it's to early for you to be out. I hope you, Mary and Princess have a good day. I will be off after lunch today to have an MRI done in two places on this back. A long time for me to lay still. Hugs to you and Mary. Helen

      gen0507 said...

      Good Evening Dad,
      I'm glad that you rested good last night!  I just check ed the cam...I love this!  It looks like the wind is blowing some.  Have a good evening.
      Hollie

      jmuhjacat said...

      A hummingbird was visiting my feeder awhile ago, and now I read your hummingbird info -- nice!  The weather looks beautiful over your way again, and it made me SMILE to see  your little windmill in your yard on the Webcam.  We had one of those in the Mojave.  I loved the cherry tomato link, too -- aren't they wonderful?

      Hope your day is a good one!  Best to you all, and big PURRS to the Princess beauty! ^^

      vfetui said...

      Hey Dad,
      I must be having a little trouble with my computer today.  I can't seem to get your cam running and I can't open the smiles album either.  Maybe I have just had a long day and am tired...I will try it again tomorrow.
      Talk to you soon!  Take care,
      With love,
      Vicki in Birmingham

      nhd106 said...

      I've been loving our new hummingbird feeders!   Now I know what to plant too...so thanks.
      Glad you're liking your smile album so much!!

      Love,
      Nancy