Saturday, December 6, 2008

ENTRY # FIFTEEN HUNDRED & NINETY EIGHT


Pictures above (the Birds) are Mary's and Dad took the Tomatoes.

.
" Time is so precious-- do not waste it. "
.
( Good Sunday morning.
As I am sure that you know this Entry # 1598 is for Saturday & Sunday, I just want to say Hi to you and tell you that I will see you in the morning, The time now is 4 a.m. BYE BYE. DAD.)
.
Good Morning.

Sure enough it is Saturday morning, so you can sleep as long as you want too, all day will be alright with me, that is if you do not have one of those jobs that requires you too work.

I am going to prepare some tea and coffee anyway and if any of you want to stop by and see old Dad he will be happy to see you.

You know that it is a long time untill monday morning and I won't be back untill then.

Mary and I have been invited to have lunch with Don and Martha after our sunday morning meeting, and I think that our friends from Canada Barrie and Audrey will be there, and maybe another one or two. We will enjoy it very much.

I hope that you all are not geting tired of me showing these four links below so much, the reason that I am is because I want everyone to see these that are planing to grow some home grown tomatoe this comming season, it won't be as long as we think.I am very proud of the four links below, Dad...
.
'http://sites.google.com/site/dadstomatogardenwebpage/Home?
.
http://sites.google.com/site/dadsfriedgreentomatoes
.
http://sites.google.com/site/dadssongbirdandrosegarden/Home:
.
http://sites.google.com/site/dadsmemoirs/
.
I would like to remind you that the four web pages above contain most of all the information that you would need to get you started in producing those Good Home Grown Tomatoes and SMILES.These pages are edited daily and any changes that need to be made to keep them current and up to date. After you view them if you have any questions about raising tomatoes email me at white6416r@aol.com
.
No we did not produce the tomatoes in the picture above, Mary saw them in the grocery store today while she was shopping and she always thinks of Dad when she sees tomatoes. They are petty but I have already tasted them and they are not anything like our own. We have them beat by a country mile
....
We have enjoyed the birds very much this winter as you can see from the picture at the top, taken by Mary. A few days ago I noticed a few Eastern Blue Birds looking around like they were seeing what was going to be avaible when spring comes. I always have four boxes ready and they are used most years two times.
..
These below are interesting, I will be glad when I get my side panel back. At that time these and a lot more will be found there. Dad.
.
PLEASE GIVE JIM CREDIT FOR THIS ABOVE , THAT IS WHERE I GOT IT WITHOUT ASKING HIM. IT IS SO VERY INTERESTING. THANKS JIM....
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM It may take the second one to get the Cam. DAD
.
.
Here below is my thought for this saturday and sunday.

"O God, thou hast taught me from my youth; and hitherto I have I declared thy wondrous works."

" Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; untill I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to ever one that is to come."

This is from the Psalms chapter 71 verses 17 & 18.
My friend Taylor ( Who passed away a few month ago ) used to mention this to me often, and that makes this thought very special to me. DAD...
.
Better the storm with Christ...Than smooth waters without Him.

Author Unknown

...
I am going to let this be all for this week, might have more this afternoon. I hope that all goes well with you over the weekend. Remember that I will see you early monday morning if God has mercy on me and spares my life. Keep on smiling, remember that your smile is understood in any language in this wide world.. Love to all of you....
BYE BYE DAD
white6416r@aol.com.
865- 850-5763
( Always available on my phone. Dad. .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Dad, you sure do have pretty birds in your part of the country, so brightly colored! Most of our birds out here in Califonia are pretty plain looking. But in my neighborhood we do have a flock of wild parrots... bright green and very loud! No one knows where they came from.

You have a good weekend and enjoy your time with your friends. Oh, and if that grocery store every got ahold of any of your tomatoes to sell, they'd have to charge a hundred dollars or probably more, because you can't put a price on that good homegrown flavor.

Love, Becky

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Dad, I hope you have a good weekend! Hugs to all of you!

Helen said...

Both your pictures are very colorful and pretty. You both did good. I hope you have a wonderful lunch with friends after your meeting tomorrow. Hugs to all, Helen

Hollie said...

Those birds are so beautiful! I miss sitting & watching my birds. Where my feeders are ...I can't watch in cold weather. Thanks for sharing your's with me....

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hello Dad those birds are beautiful ~ and the tomatoes look good ~ but those bought at the store never taste as good as the ones you grow yourself ~ hope you have a blessed Sunday and enjoy being with your friends ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Hi Dad, Ms. Mary and Princess beauty!

So sorry I didn't check in yesterday -- work never stops here ("no rest for the wicked"??? ;) ) but here we are today. What gorgeous birds -- the redbirds always remind me of my dear mom whose state bird they are (IL). You are so fortunate to have these beauties and so kind to provide them food, water, and shelter. You are building up blessings by your kindness. Your dear friend Taylor's Thought For The Day is a very good one and so true. Thank you both for sharing it.

Stay warm, be well, and I hope to stop back by tomorrow. Best to you all, and big PURRS to the Princess beauty, who I hope is doing well and eating well.