Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & THIRTY TWO.

Good Morning.
.
. ( The Egles are back.)

.
Time is so precious-do not waste it..
.
I've learned that keeping a Tomato garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills.
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...

.
Are you ready for Tuesday morning, if not you had better rush just a little, I don't like to ask anyone to rush, I like to get up early and then sit here all relaxed and get myself ready for a busy day, maybe a cup of Starbucks sitting here next to me. To me , the way we begin our day is very important, who and what do we think about when we first open our eyes in the morning ?

N0tice the bird box in the lower left corner of this picture taken by our Cam # 1. There are at least 3 and maybe 4 baby Eastern Blue Birds in that box, and it won't be long untill they are ready to fly. When they do come out they always stay around the tomato garden, we see them all during the year.

Canada Goose at a lake near our home. The lake that they are in is one that we pass almost daily, and always enjoying seeing the Canada Geese.

,

Look over at the sidepanel on the right side and you will see Dad's Tomato Garden Albun. just above the Eagle. That is there all the time, but for a better and larger view go too the link below. Dad.
.
Here is the link that will take you to

Dad's Tomato Garden 2009

(Be sure and use the slideshow on the link above, for a much better view. Thanks DAD)

There are two views of the garden CAM # 1 and Cam # 2. See if you can tell how much they have grown. After weather like today, plenty of sun and a warm day you can look for them to show a lot of growth.


Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I hope you are both doing well this evening. As I posted on your main blog, Dad, I visited my folks yesterday and also went to the March Air Force Reserve Museum, across from Riverside National Cemetery where my folks rest. Thought you might enjoy seeing a couple of photos, and hope they will reach you okay.

( We will get the pictures later.Dad.)

Love,
Jamaka and fams
SPAY/NEUTER AND ADOPT CATS. http://www.bestfriends.org/
SAVE CATS IN FORECLOSURE: http://www.nopawsleftbehind.org/

.

Here is my though for today.

" I have often regretted my speach , seldom my silence."

and this--

"It's alright to hold a conversation, but you should let go of it now and then."

These thoughts from Apples of Gold.

.

Live simply.Love generously.Care deeply.Speak kindly

This above will help you have a better day. Dad,

.And now about our weather, Monday was the first day in a long time that we did not hav any rain here at Dad's garden. And we did have a little sun, I hpoe that this Tuesday will be sunny. The tempeature here at Dad's garden at 3:00 a.m. is 52. And our report looks good for today, listen to this, plenty of sunshine and a highh if 78. That makes me smile.

.

I saw the first Humming bird yesterday afternoon at a feeder right out my office window, it is a little early for them to come here, I hope that they will continue to come, I do like too watch them.

.The cam to the Eagles Eagle Web Cam has been out of order for several days now. They hope to have it back in service soon.

( The EAGLES are back. Smile.) 1:20 p.m. Tuesday. )

.
So you see that Dad is not the only one that has trouble with Cams, the two that I have showing the tomatoe garden do require a lot of maintence to keep them working, but we feel that it is worth it and we plan to continue.
.

Record Relics
Sara's Dog Training
Snowflakes and Dear Ones
Starbucks Coffee
Tennessee Granddaddy
There's No Place Like Home .....Dad says you must read this one today.
Tomato Casual
Weather.

These links above are from my side panel, there are lots more there, I hope that you will go there often. Dad.

.I think that the time has come for me to go, I think that I have said enough for one day. I will be back in the morning if all goes well. I will hope to meet you with a smile and some hot tea and coffee. now don't you be late. Sending love to all of you, all around this world. Keep our smile going.

BYE BYE DAD

white6416r@aol.com

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

6 comments:

Cindi said...

Good morning dad, I miss seeing the eaglets..I wish they would get the camera fixed...today at our lake we found Mom & ducklings walking across our property...hopefully I can get a pic of them to post...
have a great day
xoxox

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
I have a bird box just like that, & mine has 5 baby Eastern Bluebirds in it. The Bluebirds returns to it every year, & I sure do enjoy watching them raise their babies here.

I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Kelly said...

Good morning Dad. :) Today is going to be perfect outside here too, and I am looking forward to spending the whole day outside. I love the bluebirds, they are so striking in color. We have house wrens raising babies in the old swallows nest on the front porch. No need to worry about the swallows, they have made not one but two new nests in the opposite corner of the front porch and one in the breezeway. Some folks don't like that, cause they use mud to build their nests, but we let them because we enjoy them so much. I would like to ask you a question about roses. If you would, look at the pictures of the blue roses we have just had bloom here at our house. What has caused the damage on the freshly opened roses around the edges of the petals? They are bruised or something? We have had a couple of worms, but Ian gets those plucked off and fed to the chickens right away before they can cause any damage. We don't know why our roses don't look perfect when they open. Any advice you can give us on this? Thanks! Thankyou for all your wisdom and good words today in your journal, today and every day. You are very appreciated Dad. :) Love, Kelly

baldy said...

DAD, I LIKE BLUEBIRDS. UP IN THE COLORADO MOUNTAINS BETWEEN WESTCLIFFE AND CANON CITY WAS MY HOME FOR A FEW YEARS RECENTLY AND THE BLUEBIRDS ARE PROLIFIC.
MANY FENCE POSTS ARE LARGE AND HOLLOW AT THE TOP AND ALONG OLD WAGON TRAILS CAN BE SEEN AND HEARD THOSE BEAUTIFUL BLUEBIRDS.
IN MY WORKSHOP WERE BUILT SEVERAL BLUEBIRD BOXES, SOME WERE GIFTS TO NEIGHBORS AND TWO FOR MY YARD.
THE ONES IN MY YARD WERE MOVED INTO ALMOST IMMEADIATLY AND USUALLY HAD TWO BATCHES OF BABY BIRDS EACH SUMMER.
WHEN THINKING OF NEIGHBORS IN A CITY, HOMES MAY BE WITHIN FEET, IN THE MOUNTAINS UP THERE THOUGH THE DISTANCE TO THE NEAREST NEIGHBOR COULD BE A FRACTION OF A MILE.
MANY OTHER BIRDS WERE NATIVE ALSO AND THE YEARLY MIGRATING HUMMING BIRDS.
HOUSE WRENS WERE THE SWEETHEARTS. FOR THEIR HOME IN MY YARD WERE HOLLOW LIMBS ABOUT THREE FEET LONG, ROCKS PLACED IN EACH END TO ALLOW NO ENTRANCE FOR LARGER BIRDS OR ANIMALS.
I LEARNED TO FIX HOUSE WREN HOMES ATOP A ONE INCH DIAMETER WATER PIPE AND IT WAS ENTERTAINING TO WATCH THE GROUND SQUIRRELS ATTEMPTING TO CLIMB THAT WATER PIPE.
READERS PROBABLY KNOW THAT HOUSE WRENS HAVE A VARIETY OF BEAUTIFUL SONGS, CLEARLY GIVEN.
MAY GOD'S BLESSINGS BE ON ALL WHOM LOVE AND WORSHIP HIM. sam

jmuhj said...

It's birds everywhere, Dad and Ms. Mary! So glad to see the eaglets again, and they're huge! Just as lazy as ever, too, while Mom and Dad are out working. ;) Hope you have a wonderful bluebird family soon, and lots of hummingbirds! That is a beautiful Canada Goose picture you posted.

That's great that your weather has taken a turn for the better. I know you need that for your tomatoes!

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening. Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Dad,
Before Danny died we had blue birds every year nesting in the little house he made for them...unfortunately the little hous ehas caved in and I do not know how to make one...
I use to love looking at the little birds too.
Hope today was a good one to you.
love ya,
carlene