Wednesday, May 6, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & TWENTY SEVEN


Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it.

"I've learned that keeping a Tomato garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills."

This rose is from Dad's rose garden, May 5th 2009. Lots more to come.
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.
I hope that you are out of that bed and ready to go after you have had a good cup of tea or coffe I have both ready and I feel good and I wan't to be the one that pours this morning. Sit down right there and relax.
.
We are still having warn and wet weather, the tempeature at 3:00 a.m. was 57. Today will be near 75, and I think that we may have a few showers again today.
.
The ground in the garden is very wet and I do need to do a little more work there, putting a few more cages in and more mulch. I will just have to wait a few days.
.
Look at the garden today on either Cam # 1 or # 2. That gives you two different views, and see if you can see any growth. We hope to have the Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album ready today or tomorrow. The link above takes you to the one for last year (2008 ) when the one for this year ( 2009 ) is ready you will be able to compare the two years.
.
I am always anxious to go up to the Eagle Web Cam early every morning, but I have to wait untill daylight to be able to see how things are going. I hope that you are checking on them each day. It looks like that they are getting a lot of teaching from their Mon and Dad on how to be able to live in this cruel world when they leave their nest. We all wish the best for them, and we want to thank the ones that have made all of this possible for us to see. Dad.
.
A few day's ago I receive a little criticism from someone in my guest book, I do not know who sent it to me, but I do wan't them to know that I do appreciate it, I wish that they would email me and let me know more. It might help me to do a better job. white6416r@aol.com DAD
.
I started this Journal on August 28, 2003 for the main purpose of helping others produce a good home grown tomato. That is still my desire. I will be glad for any comments or criticism. I appreciate all of my readers who have stayed with me through these years. We have made many good friends from all over the world and we have enjoyed every minuete of it. Dad
.
.
.
.This above is interesting. Dad.
.
Here below is my thought for today.
.
" I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
And I've also learned that I still have a lot to learn. DAD.
.
Thanks to Don B for this thought.
.
During this wet weather I could use a few Tomato questions, I am just sitting here doing nothing, and it is hard on me, I like to keep busy. Why not send me one today and I will try to answer you right back. Dad.
.
This is going to be enough for today, I am planning on being back in the morning if all is well. Keep smiling today, it will make you and everyone around you feel better.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
615-850-5763 This will take you to Dad's Tomato Garden.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Morning Dad... I've been working later than usual... too sleepy to write much. Baby eagles look wet. I hope they and you get some sun today. Love, Becky

Hollie said...

I just wanted to drop by & tell you good morning.....

Cindi said...

Just checking in...I checked the eaglets too.. they are looking healthy!!! The rose picture is beautiful, thanks for sharing with us..Have a great day Dad!

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

That is a GORGEOUS red rose you posted the photo of today! Makes me SMILE just looking at it. ;)

The eaglets are their usual lazy lay-about selves this time of day, and they inspire me. Let's see, would I rather clean the whole house, or be in the midst of that feather bed? ;)

Your garden looks great from either WebCam, and I know the plants have got to be thriving in the good weather you are having.

Have a wonderful evening and I hope to check back with you tomorrow. Love and hugs to you both from Jamaka and fams

Carlene Noggle said...

HI Dad,
As always , you make me so happy to have came here...Dad , you are a true Christian gentleman and I hope you know how much I respect and admire you.
love ya,
carlene

Sue said...

Dear Dad, I have a tomato question for you. We live in New Jersey, the last frost date is May 15. We start our tomatoes from seed. We put just a few plants in the garden last weekend. Baring a frost do you think they will produce early for us? I so need a homegrown tomato as soon as possible. The temps lately have been in the low 50s at night around 60 during the day. Thanks

Nancy said...

Hi Dad and Mary,
Just a quick hello before I go to sleep...

Love you lots,
Nancy