This little road is up in The Great Smoky Mountain Park. Mary and I have been on it many times, and I have used it on my blog before. Several readers have wrote me about this road and saying that they would like to know what's around that bend. Is that not like our human nature, we all would like to see around the bend in our lives, see what is ahead. But I am so thankful that it is hid from our view. Only God up in Heaven knows that. And I want to trust him for the future. DAD
.
The Town of Don't-You-Worry
There's a town called Don't-You-Worry,
On the banks of River Smile;
Where the Cheer-Up and Be-Happy
Blossom sweetly all the while.
Where the Never-Crumble flower
Blooms beside the fragrant Try,
And the Ne'er-Give-Up and Patience
Point their faces to the sky.
In the valley of Contentment,
In the valley of Contentment,
In the province of I-Will,
You will find this lovely city,
At the foot of No-Fret Hill.
There are thoroughfares delightful
In this very charming town,
And on every hand are shade trees
Named the Very-Seldom-Frown.
Rustic benches quite enticing
Rustic benches quite enticing
You'll find scattered here and there,
And to each a vine is clinging
Called the Frequent-Earnest-Prayer.
Everybody there is happy
And is singing all the while,
In the town of Don't-You-Worry,
On the banks of River Smile.
By I. J. Bartlett .
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it.".
.
"Take a deep breath. It calms the mind
.
.
I do not have to tell you where I am going, you would already know that is is to see Sara, Misty and Oreo. I wonder what they are going to be doing this weekend. Whatever Sara has planned for them will be good. There is only one way to get there. Sara's Dog Training so what are you waiting on, come read Sara's interesting blog and get a glimpse of two beautiful, talented Shelties. Thanks Sara. DAD
.
..Would you like to know how to produce better and larger tomatoes, well Dad knows how and he wants to show you. Just click on the link below..
*****************************
.
.
Look over to your right in the side panel and you can see Dad's Tomato Garden Album That is the 2009 crop. Dad.
.
Here below are two links that I like to look at every day. Dad.
.
.
.
It is worth your while to spend a little time here.
.
Starbucks Coffee Why not it is ready and I have not changed coffee, same good Starbucks. Sit a spell with me if you can spare the time. DAD.
.
This is all that I have for this Friday but you might have to put up with me in the morning, I hope that you will let me in. We all are going to do what we know is right today, spend more time listening to others tell us about their problems. And remember to be Kind and Smile.
.
BYE BYE DAD
©. 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.


6 comments:
I am smiling this morning as it is Friday once more and I have the weekend ahead to get lots done around my house. It's true we do often wonder what's around the bend, but it is so important that we remember to enjoy where we are at right now. We should never loose the joy of the present moment by worrying about what is ahead nor by looking back at what was.
'On Ya'-ma
Hi Uncle Ray,
Thanks for sharing that poem! Love, your niece, Karen
Good Morning DAD...
I am smiling on this very sunny morning. Enjoying a cup of Sumatra before getting ready to meet Sara for a nice lunch. Then I will be heading down to NJ to spend the weekend with my other daughter and the 2 grandboys. I am very excited to be seeing them and getting to play games and read books with them.
Thought you'd like to know that because of your link to "Land O'Lakes Butter" website, yesterday I made the Peanut Butter Cookies with the hersey kiss on top to bring with me. Growing up, my daughter in NJ loved peanut butter cookies and Sara loved ginger cookies. I'll bring a few of the peanut butter with chocolate kiss cookies to Sara today and if she still doesn't like peanut butter cookies I know Jeff will enjoy them.
I really like the poem "Town of Don't You Worry" and it fits in perfectly with the lovely photo and what you and On Ya'-ma said about the photo.
I have to remember those words of On Ya'-ma,
"...never loose the joy of the present moment by worrying about what is ahead nor by looking back at what was".
Now to go and enjoy the rest of the day. You have a nice day as well. ...Sara's Mom
Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
That is a beautiful photo of the Smokies and you are so fortunate to be able to live near there! Yes, it's good to have surprises and we pray they will be good ones. I think we can SMILE about that, don't you?
Another cup of coffee would be nice, thank you! Enjoy your afternoon/evening, and may your weekend be wonderful...love from Jamaka and fams
That is a wonderful photo. I miss seeing all that lush green foliage. Everything around here is becoming bleak. Getting ready for a blanket of fresh, white snow.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Your lesson following the photo "The View Around the Bend" reminds us to live in the present and seek happiness. You encourage and inspire us each day. You are blessed. Thank you. Sara's aunt.
Post a Comment