" Time is so precious-do not waste it.".
.
..http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/tn/knoxville/id/37920..
.
.This link above will give you the weather report for the Tennessee Valley , and you can also get your own local weather by typing in your zip code. This reports changes as the day goes on so the report you get is always current. Dad.
.
The Fix
.
There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?"I think this guy nailed it! _____
.
Dear Mr. President,Please find below my suggestion for fixing
America's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered – Auto Industry fixed.3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage – Housing Crisis fixed.It can't get any easier than that!!
.
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...Mr.. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto! If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know. If not, please disregard.
.
.Why don't we have a good hot strong cup of Starbucks Coffee before we go any further. I beleive that I can do a better job if I do. Sit down and I will serve you.
.
Would you like to know how to produce better and larger tomatoes, well Dad knows how and he wants to show you. Just click on the link below. You will be glad that you did.
.Biota Max Soil Probiotic.
One Tablet - home pack - FREE SHIPPING $5.85..
6-tab, foil wrapped - FREE SHIPPING $19.95..
12-tab, foil wrapped- FREE SHIPPING $34.95
.http://www.biggertomato.com/..
I am going to be tying some of this above very soon. I am going to use it on my Roses from Jackson and Perkins. You will be seeing on one of my cams what kind of job it is going to do.
.
Sara if you are those two Shelties Misty & Oreo every get tired of me bothering them so early in the morning please let me know. I know that it is early but I need to get busy as early as possible. I must see them whenever I need to come.
I am on my way right now to Sara's Dog Training to see some pictures that will make you SMILE, Dad.
.
Posted on 08 December 2009 by tomatocasual.com
Hurricane Ike Brought Tomatoes and More
.
Tags: hurricane, texas
.
By Vanessa Richins.
.
When you think of hurricanes, you think of destruction.
That was true when Hurricane Ike landed in Galveston, Texas in September 2008.
Many of the island’s plants were uprooted and destroyed in the wake of the storm.
According to the Christian Science Monitor, 40,000 trees alone died in the chaos.
However, Galveston citizens received a nice surprise this spring when all sorts of plants started popping up. The storm had brought hope amidst despair in the form of seeds.
Burke Evans, a local resident, found tomatoes, watermelons, cantaloupes, periwinkles, papaya trees and elephant ears. Pam Gilbert received petunias, a mulberry tree, and jalapeños.
The Christian Science Monitor recounts that Read the rest of this entry »
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
( This is the link above to keep your eye on. It will be a little while before we have very much to show. But when the comes you will enjoy it, Dad )
.
Here is my thought for this Thursday morning.
.
''A kind word is never lost. It keeps going on and on, from one person to another, untill at last it comes back to you again. "
Anonymous.
.
I am through for this Thursday. I am hoping that all is going well with you wherever you are, if you are in the cold part of the world to be careful and try to keep warm. But all that I can think to tell you is "Be good today."Some people don't like for me to tell them that, but I am going to anyway. It does take in a lot of Kindness and Smiles.
.
Sending Love and good Wishes to you in ever corner of this world.
.BYE BYE DAD.
©. 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.
14 years ago

5 comments:
DAD,
You are welcome to stop by anytime! Misty & Oreo get up early. They know morning means breakfast & belly rubs!
Hope you have a great day!
I think that idea on how to fix the economy sounds great. ***BIG SMILE*** I am over 50 and could use a million...As always I thank you for starting my day with a SMILE.
'On Ya'-ma
Just popping back in this evening to let you know I mentioned your blog for an award. Yours is one of the first I read when I first started on AOL.
Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
Again, please excuse my checking in SO late. Today I decided to start cleaning out the garage and I really enjoyed it so much the time got away from me.
That idea on fixing the economy is BRILLIANT and I hope the writer posts it on http://www.change.org so we can all sign it and send it to our President and the Congress. Really, it is GENIUS. ;)
The story of the seeds is amazing and wonderful as well! I have friends in that area and I will have to ask them about this.
Love and best wishes for a warm and comfortable evening for you both, from Jamaka and fams
Happy Thursday Night DAD... Just back from a wonderful day in NYC. We walked, we shopped, we were wide-eyed looking at the holiday window displays (my favorite was Lord & Taylor, just like when I was a little girl), we had a delicious late lunch at Carmine's, a NYC classic. The bus ride added to the great day. We sat across from 3 wonderful, friendly people and had many laughs and smiles. We left feeling we knew them all our lives. On the bus trip back, we got to sit across from them again...more laughs and smiles...the perfect ending to a wonderful day.
Today would have been my Dad's 105th birthday. He was in my thoughts all day and I told stories on the bus about the annual Christmas Card writing night with Mother telling Dad what to write and Dad doing the writing and us girls standing over them. We did get to seal the envelopes and put on the stamps. Now I do it all myself...I think it was more fun doing it as a family!
Hope you had a good day! ...Sara's Mom
Post a Comment