Friday, February 5, 2010

FRIDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & SIXTY FIVE

.

"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.

www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html ...
.
I hope that you are still enjoying the eagles, Above is the link that will take you up to their nest.

.

Mary had an evaluation today by Dr. Hedera, who specializes in Parkinson's Disease at the Vanderbilt Clinic in Nashville. Dr. Hedera confirmed that Mary has Parkinson tremors, plus a second type of genetic tremor. These two types of tremors are related, but are so different that they have to be treated separately. The doctor changed one of Mary's medications, for something a little stronger that he thought might be more effective. He also added a second prescription medication which held promise in reducing the tremors and improving muscle use. For some time she has not been able to walk with a normal gait. She also has great difficulty in rising from a sitting position. The doctor explained that both of these symptoms are the result of the muscles losing the ability to initiate movement,which is characteristic of Parkinson's Disease. Dr. Hedera will be Mary's doctor on this illness, and a computer network account has been set up for their direct communication. Mary also submitted a blood sample which will be used anonymously in Vanderbilt's research efforts. Her follow-up appointment will be in 4 months. --Jim ...
A Home Song
.
I read within a poet’s book A word that starred the page:
“Stone walls do not a prison make, Nor iron bars a cage!”
Yes, that is true; and something more
You’ll find, where’er you roam,
But, every house where Love abides, And Friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home-sweet-home: For there the heart can rest.
By Henry van Dyke.
.
The poem above was in some of my many thoughts this Friday morning. I hope that all of you are feeling able to get going and back to a nornal life,. I am Happy we saw the doctor and for all tht he told us, and I feel satifiiet that we are heading in the right direction and I do have hope.
.
I am feeling able to get out this morning, I am not as tired as I thought that I would be, but you know it is raining. It does almost every day here
.
Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers."
.
.
The link above will give you our local weather report, and your own local weather.
.

A cup of good hot coffee sounds good right now, do set down and we can enjoy a cup together, it is ready..


Sara's Dog Training .

.My computer has been giving me problems in posting Sara and I am just now getting to come see Oreo, Misty and you. Sorry, but I am here now and what a smile I have DAD.

....

I am finally ready to say all that I can think of that I need to say. It has been a long day for, but I still feel good, I have had several cups of that Starbucks coffee and I know that has been a help. But The main thing that makes me feel better is that I think that we made the right choice and now do have hope.
.
I will see you in the morning if all is well.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning, Dad. Thanks for sharing the news about Mary's doctor visit. This sounds like it must be quite a challenge for Mary. I hope that her new medications will make things better for her.

I just wanted to say goodnight... very sleepy and need to get to bed. Hugs to both you and Mary.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I was glad to see the up date on Mary and that they were able to give her some help in the way of medication. I'll be praying that all goes well there.

Anonymous said...

Morning Ray, thanks for heads- up on Marys condition. Glad to hear that the Dr. is hopeful he can give her some releif & stability back in her muscle control. By the way, tell her I wish her a very "Happy Birthday" today. Neither of you should overdo on cake & ice-cream. Haha. Love & miss all of you, my friends. Good days ahead to you both & tell Mary I hope she gets to doing better with each passing day.

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
Glad to hear some good news about Mary and her visit to the doctor. I know that he will be able to help her feel better! Give Mary a birthday hug for me! Love to you both, Karen

Helen said...

Glad that you all had a safe trip. I pray that the new medicines will help Mary. Happy Birthday Mary. I hope it will be a good one for you. Dad you take it easy going outside in that rainy slippery weather. It rained all night here but is supposed to be moving on out this morning I believe. Helen

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

I don't know what to say this morning. I wanted so much more for Mary. It is good that she now has an understanding doctor and even a team of medical professionals who will be watching and listening and helping her to gain back some of her muscle strength and independence.

Henry VanDyke's poem is so, so appropriate. After a day or two away from home, you appreciate getting back to a place where "..love abides, And Friendship is a guest,...for there the heart can rest". And DAD and Mary, your home is a place of love, friendship and comfort to each other and to us. I think your smiles and Jim's jokes can also help to keep Mary's spirits high. "Laughter soothes a sore soul." - Carol Kelley

I have been watching the Eagle Nest and a second egg has been laid and both Mama and Papa have been busy turning the eggs. For those who can't view the CAM, check out http://eaglenest.blogs.wm.edu/ where you can see photos taken of the nest since the two started building their nest and learn lots about the process. Looks like they are in for another few days of unseasonally cold, wet weather so they'll be working hard to keep the eggs warm.

I lift my cup of Sumatra to wish Mary a Happy Birthday. Relax today and enjoy the comforts of your home and each other. Hugs to you both. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dad,
I wanted to be sure to stop by to see how the visit went with the doctor. It seems that he thinks the meds will help. New meds and prayers are a powerful combination and I will continue keeping both of you in mine.
Also, I am just now going to put Mary's birthday card in the mail...I am ALWAYS late with it! Please tell her happy birthday for me. I will call later in the day when ya'll have a chance to rest a bit.
Talk to you soon!
With love,
Vicki in Birmingham

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MS. MARY! You are in the best of care, it sounds like, and I'm sure all of your friends all over the world are praying that the new medications will help you to feel a lot stronger and be able to move more easily. It's amazing what progress is being made in these areas, I'm told.

Hope you both stay warm and take this opportunity to relax after yesterday's long journeys.

Mama eagle is watching the snow right now from her nest. ;)

Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that the doctor's feel that they can help Mary. I hope you and Mary both can get some rest today after your long trip yesterday.

Your Jackson New Jersey Friend,
Carol

Sara said...

I am glad you came back from the doctor with a feeling of hope. I hope the medicine will help Mary feel better.

Happy Birthday Birthday Mary! Misty & Oreo are sending you furry hugs.

Isn't it nice that Mary's blood sample will be used in research that may someday help someone else? An act of kindness from your family, will surely bring a smile to another family as a result of that research.

Love,
Sara