Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WEDNESDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FOURTY ONE

Good Morning.
.
I am wondering about you this wednesday morning, are you feeling good, and is your mood HAPPY, well I am happy and ready for another clean sheet, I hope that I can use it right.
.
I am going to check on my 3 friends at Sara's Dog Training blog right now, I want to know how things are going with them, I especially want to know how that sweet girl Misty is feeling. Sara tell her that Dad loves her.
..

The weather is sill very cold, we have an 18 low, so today is another poem reading day, and we can't find any better ones than these below by Edgar Guest.
...



The Joys We Miss.
.
Edgar Guest
..
There never comes a lonely day but that we miss the laughing ways
Of those who used to walk with us through all our happy yesterdays.
We seldom miss the earthly great--the famous men that life has known--
But, as the years go racing by, we miss the friends we used to own.
The chair wherein he used to sit recalls the kindly father true
For, Oh, so filled with fun he was, and, Oh, so very much he knew!
And as we face the problems grave with which the years of life are filled.
We miss the hand which guided us and miss the voice forever stilled.
We little guessed how much he did to smooth our pathway day by day,
How much of joy he brought to us, how much of care he brushed away;
But now that we must tread alone the thorough-fare of life, we find
How many burdens we were spared by him who was so brave and kind.
Death robs the living, not the dead--they sweetly sleep whose tasks are done;
But we are weaker than before who still must live and labor on.
For when come care and grief to us, and heavy burdens bring us woe,
We miss the smiling, helpful friends on whom we leaned long years ago.
We miss the happy, tender ways of those who brought us mirth and cheer;
We never gather round the hearth but that we wish our friends were near;
For peace is born of simple things--a kindly word, a goodnight kiss,
The prattle of a babe, and love--these are the vanished joys we miss.

.

It Couldn't Be Done.
...
Edgar Guest

...
Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't," but he would be one
Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.
Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you'll never do that;
At least no one ever has done it";
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat,
And the first thing we knew he'd begun it.
With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.
There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure;
There are thousands to point out to you, one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That "cannot be done," and you'll do it.

..
Thanks to Alberta Blackburn for this poem .


Jennifer White's Blog
John White's Blog.
..
Be sure that you make time to check on John and Jennifer today, you will enjoy them.
.
.Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3
.
.Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page .
This is a must read if you are planing on having a tomato garden this season. Many things that will be so helpful, please read this to the end. No charges for this just a smile is all .
.
These and so many of your blogs have been a help in keeping me going on through the years , some of these were my friends from the begining, Several of my readers have thanked me for showing this. DAD
.

Ally Lifewithally
4 days ago
HORSESHOE BEND 2
6 days ago
Life in a Small Town
16 hours ago
My Southern Home
8 months ago
My Take On Life
3 weeks ago
MYEVERYDAYLIFE
4 months ago
Not Just Roses
2 weeks ago
SandrasHappy Days
5 months ago
Serendipity
1 month ago
The Chicken Chronicles...Again
2 weeks ago
WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE
18 hours ago
Wishing For My Turn
4 days ago.

.
I am stopping right here, I feel that I have left some out that I was going to say, but this is more than enough anyway. It is to cold 21 degrees for me to be outside .so I will be around all day for updates
.
I want to come back in the morning if you will let me.
.
I am sending Love and best wishes to all of my frirnds in 96 countries of this world. Yes that encludes you.
.
" Be Good "

BYE BYE DAD

© 2010 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com.

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is still cold here and I guess it will be now till Spring comes again. I hope your Wednesday is a very happy one!

Sara said...

DAD,
I will pass your love onto Misty. She is doing well this morning. She spends a lot of time resting and sleeping, unless there is food around, then she is wide awake! Jeff and I are enjoying having Misty snuggle on our laps during these cold evenings, because she sure makes the best blanket.

~Sara

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

It is a very frosty one here, can't even see out the windows. But the sun is coming up nice and strong and soon the frost will be gone. While sipping on some of your delicious Sumatra I visited the feeder and notice frost and snow on the edge of your lawn. Also saw one aggressive cardinal pushing the other birds away. He wants all your food for himself. Good thing you have other feeders for the other birds.

That line you emphasized in The Joy We Miss is so very true..."death robs the living". I remember thinking when my mother died, I was no longer anyones child and I missed the joy received from my parents' love for their child no matter what the age of the child.

I have to say I am the "It Couldn't Be Done" type of person. Some will call me stubborn but I do enjoy tackling projects that "just can't be done"...some times I am successful and some times I have to eat humble pie. Remember I did try growing tomatoes this summer ... not too successful but I will try again next summer, with your help of course.

Turn up the heat a bit, sit by a sunny window, open a good book of poems, stroke a loving cat, enjoy a cup of coffee and have a wonderful peaceful day!
...Sara's Mom

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray! The "Couldn't Be Done" poem in your blog today has always been a favorite of mine - thanks for reminding me of it. Love ya! Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi DAD,
While reading The Joy We Miss, memories flowed and so did tears. Joan's words were a hug from her. Edgar Guest is a wonder with words. He brings our sorrow and joy to the surface. Thank you for posting these two poems today.
It sure is cold in Tenn. Burr... In two weeks I will be traveling to the East Coast. One would think that I miss cold and seeing the vapor come out of my mouth. (It is really the grandbabies and a new one due 12/31) Aloha...Sara's aunt

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

How I love those poems, Dad, and thank you so kindly for sharing them! The first is so moving and makes me think of my dad, whose favorite chair is in the living room now; the second inspires to keep on living for and helping others! ;) Love Sara's Mom's post, too, btw ;) Wishing you all warm and comfortable afternoon/evening from Jamaka and fams <3