Saturday, October 4, 2008

ENTRY # FIFTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY ONE.

Picture by Dad.

Good Morning.

I am wishing that I can hear you say that you are feeling good this morning, I am doing very well. not the best but with so much confusion going on who good feel good. The sudden surprise from AOL has certainly caused  all  of us a lot of extra work and worry. We are doing the best that we can and hope to have something that will serve our purpose. Here is my new email address.

tomatojournaldad@gmail.com

And this below will be the link to our new journal.


DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN JOURNAL  ( NEW )

" And even though dissapointments come, they too are best for me. To wean me from this changing world and lead me nearer Thee."

I want to thank R.L.Allan and son in Glasgow, Scotland for permission to use this, it is a part of one of our hymns. DAD.

I am going to make us some tea and coffee, it won't take me very long, don't go away.

  • Picture by Dad.         

  •   

  •  Sit down here with me and have Tea or Coffee, they are both ready. DAD.

  •  

  • "Time is so precious-do not waste it."  

    © 2008  Dad's Tomato Garden Journal... All Rights Reserved.

    "The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal."

  • Posted on 04 October 2008 by tomatocasual.com
    Recipe: Michael’s Fried Green Tomatoes (and Special Sauce)

    By Michael Nolan

    Okay all you Tomato Casual folk, your cries of injustice have been heard.

    I know I have been away for a while and for that I sincerely apologize. Life happens, that’s about all I can say.

    In order to pay my penance for such a long departure, I hereby offer you what you have waited for.

    I know I have kept you all in suspense for far too long with the empty promise of my personal fried green tomato recipe, but no longer!

    Here, without further ado is my long awaited super special and uber secret recipe for the perennial southern favorite – fried green tomatoes.

    Here’s what you need:

  •  I have mentioned this before, I use VERIZON for my cell phone service and if you happen to use the same your call to me would be free. I am sure that this is right but you might check it out with the company  Verizon where you live.

  • Be sure and see what  Jim  has to say today,

    http://tennesseegrandaddy.blogspot.com/

  •   BYE   BYE...       DAD.      Keep smiling today, let the world know that you are happy, sad and dissapointment times will come but they too will pass away. The best thing that we can do is live  for others, try to help them while we have time and oppournity.

  • Please READ THE REST OF DAD'S journal.

  • 7 comments:

    madcobug said...

    Those tomatoes look delicious rip and green fried both. You and Mary have a nice weekend. Hugs to you both, Helen

    geocachelinda66 said...

    Dad, I hope you have a good weekend.  Linda

    lifes2odd said...

    How did you know I was ready for a nice hot cup of coffee this morning? :-)
    I hope you have a great weekend. I'm heading over to check out your new blog right after my coffee. Martha :-)

    ab45yui said...

    Have a Great weekend! God Bless!

    ally123130585918 said...

    Hello Dad you have a good weekend and a blessed Sunday ~ enjoy your meeting ~ and thankyou for my "Cuppa" ~ Ally x

    jmuhjacat said...

    Hi, Dad -- so glad to hear you're feeling okay and hope you can relax after yesterday.  Sometimes it seems like just one sad time after another, doesn't it?  But of course we count our blessings on the happy times, the joys, our loved ones and friends, and even the not-so-happy times, as you so rightly point out.  It all goes to make up our lives, doesn't it?  And we are grateful for having known our loved ones and friends who go on before us.  We will see them again one fine day and we know that.

    That fried green tomato picture and the red tomato picture make me hungry, so I guess I'll have to go make me a sandwich and put some tomatoes in it.  Unfortunately I can't get green tomatoes but it makes me want to grow my own, so I can enjoy those fried ones.  They do look good.

    My best to you all, and big PURRS to the pretty Princess girl! ^^

    callianna25 said...

    Dad, it sounds like you and your family have been through a lot this week.  I hope you are holding up okay.  I hope that even though AOL is closing their journals you are somehow able to keep all the work you've done in your journals up till now, even if you have to print them on paper and put them in a notebook.  I must say the new journal looks very good, though, and seems a little easier to read.  I'm glad you are able to continue your journal, just in a different place.

    I've been working two jobs lately so don't get to check in as often, but I try to get caught up on Saturdays.  I sure do appreciate you and love you and hope that this next week is a nice peaceful one for you.  Just try to keep the tv off, because I think that all the politics are just going to get noisier and meaner these next few weeks, and it can give a person a headache.

    God Bless,
    Becky