Friday, October 3, 2008

ENTRY # FIFTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY...

Good Morning.

We are back from a very sad day yesterday, as Jim told you we were at Kevin's funeral . He was a young man, only fifty years old.  And it sure made me have some serious thoughts.

 I hope that all of you are feeling good and able to keep on going, I am feeling as good as could be expected, just very tired and weary I am going to make us some tea and coffee, it won't take me very long, don't go away.

  • Picture by Dad.         

  •   

  •  Sit down here with me and have Tea or Coffee, they are both ready. DAD.

  •  

  • "Time is so precious-do not waste it."  

    © 2008  Dad's Tomato Garden Journal... All Rights Reserved.

    "The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal."

  • Be sure and see what  Jim  has to say today,

    http://tennesseegrandaddy.blogspot.com/

  •  

    All of us Journal writers received some bad news yesterday morning, ( or maybe it was not so bad,) right out of the blue we received notice that AOL was closing the Journals at the end of October 2008.

    So we are changing over too Google at the end of this month. Here below is the Link that will give you an idea of what it is going to look like.


    http://dadstomatogardenjournal.blogspot.com/

    If you have the time look at this link above and tell me what you think. DAD

    We are going to be working on this and see if is going to be good, we hope that everything works out, and I beleive that it will.

    Jim my son who writes a blog 

    <FONTCOLOR=#FF0000 size="4">http://tennesseegrandaddy.blogspot.com/ 

    Jim has been useing this all the time that he has been writeing and he loves it. So we will see, I sure don't want to loose any of you, so please follow with me through the rest of this month and let me know what you think, And do make a note of the above link.

    But do understant that I will still be on AOL untill the end of October. This has created a lot of extra work for all of us, but we will make it through it with a SMILE. WE ALWAYS HAVE.

  •  I have mentioned this before, I use VERIZON for my cell phone service and if you happen to use the same your call to me would be free. I am sure that this is right but you might check it out with the company  Verizon where you live.

  • Posted on 02 October 2008 by tomatocasual.com
    Post-Tomato Season Crafts

    By Kira Hamman

    Tomato season may be drawing to a close, but that doesn’t mean we can’t immortalize our passion for tomatoes!

    We at Tomato Casual have carefully selected some post-tomato season craft projects to keep you busy until seed-starting time.

    Check it out:

    Not sure what to do with your tomato cages over the winter? Turn them into Christmas decorations! The DIY network shows you how to make a tomato cage into a Santa Claus statue. No kidding.

    Who better to create tomato-related crafts than Martha Stewart, the doyenne not only of crafting but also of gardening and cooking? Martha gives us a modern take on the ubiquitous tomato pincushion that all our grandmothers had. It gives new meaning to the concept of an heirloom.

    If you knit, or plan to learn, you can make a Read the rest of this entry »

  •   BYE   BYE...       DAD.      Keep smiling today, let the world know that you are happy

  • Please READ THE REST OF DAD'S journal.

  • 4 comments:

    white6416r said...

    Good Morning to all of you. I amjust trying out these comments,  DAD

    ally123130585918 said...

    Comments are working well today Dad ~ I know how sad yesterday must have been for you ~ we very recently buried my Great Niece and she was only in her 30's ~ so very very sad ~ I am glad you are safely back home ~ thankyou for my "Cuppa" and your company ~ Ally x

    BTH ~ Your Blogspot looks great x

    jmuhjacat said...

    My sympathy goes out to you, and to all the family, loved ones and  friends of Kevin, Dad.  Yes, that's too soon to go, we would think, but there's Someone who knows better than we do, and though it seems very unfair so often, we must remember that we are not the ones to make these important decisions.  All the same, I share your sadness and send you hugs ((((((((((((0)))))))))))))))))).

    Your BlogSpot journal looks wonderful.  I know it is a lot of work, but bless you for doing it and I know everyone will be happy with it as they have been with your AOL journals.

    And I hope someone with talent makes you one of those tomato hats, Dad.  For the wintertime.  You need one! ;)

    My best to you all, and big PURRS to the Princess beauty ^^

    tendernoggle said...

    DEAR DAD AND MARY,
    PLEASE ACCEPT MY HEART FELT SYMPATHY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR FRIEND...YES 50 IS VERY YOUNG AND I KNOW IT IS VERY HARD TO GO THROUGH.
    DAD I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IHAVE ENJOYED COMING HERE ALL THESE YEARS...RIGHT AFTER MY DANNY DIED; ALSO AT AN EARLY AGE OF 51...IF I HAD NOT HAD AOL JOURNALS TO TURN TO ON THOSE NIGHTS THAT I NEVER SLEPT..I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR.
    JUST WANT YOU AND MARY TO KNOW THAT I LOVE YALL.
    CARLENE