Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & SIXTY TWO.

Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it.
.
Wasted years shall never come again.
.


Posted on 15 June 2009 by tomatocasual.com
.
TC Reader Questions: Saving Tomato Seeds, Broken Upside Down Planter
.
By Vanessa Richins

.
Jorge writes:

.
“Hi. I am interested in storing seed long term (more than 5 years) Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!”
Hello Jorge. Tomato seeds can generally be stored up to 10 years and still keep a germination rate of 50%. Victory Seeds says that the typical length that they will keep is 4-7 years.
They have a great picture
tutorial on how to save your tomato seeds.
You start by fermenting the seeds for a few days in

Read the rest of this entry »
.
Related Posts
.
Watch Out - QVC Recalls Tomato Planters
Crazy Ways to Grow Tomatoes
Reader Questions About Upside Down Tomatoes
..
Email This Post
.
I am sure that you have noticed the improvement in our two outside Cams, 1 & 2. I think that we have solved the problem of them being out of service so often. That is a relief to me. Those two cams are what I am going to show as the tomatoes ripen, and the time is almost here.
.
I have checked them this morning and thy look good. Here they are if you want to see for yourself.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1

..
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2

.
There is a way to make these Cam pictures larger. At the bottom of the screen on the right is a spot that says Expansion. click on it and put it in the # 2 position and you will see a much better picture. Be real sure that each function says done before you go on , Dad.
.
If any of you have not looked at the eagles the last few days you have missed something. It may not be too late yet, but I am afraid that it might be close. If you still want to try this will give you another chance. At 8 p.m. yesterday evening I enjoyed what I saw so much. lot of activity. Eagle Web Cam
..
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/eaglecam/
.
And this above will tell you things that I did not know about eagles.
.

Here is something new that you might enjoy. A Falcon Cam.
.
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/falconcam2008/.
.
Here is my thought for this Tuesday.
.
" Come what may, hold fast to love ! Though men should rend your heart, let them not embitter or harden it. We win by tenderness; We conquer by forgiveness. "
.
This is from Apples of Gold. .
.
At 4 a.m. 69, high for today 85, and scattered shower.
.

. This is going to be all for this Tuesday I am going to be making my blogs a little shorter, they have been so long that not many of my readers are looking at them. I hope that this Tuesday is a good day for you. Smile if you can. If my life is spared I want to see you again on Wednesday.
.
BYE BYE DAD
white6416r@aol.com.
.
865-850-6763 ... Cell phone .
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

4 comments:

Becky said...

Morning, Dad! Don't feel like you need to make your blog shorter, I love to read all that you write! I think this is just a busy time of year for people. The kids are getting out of school and people take vacations or spend more time outdoor than they do when the weather is cold. If you're not getting as much traffic there are lots of possible reasons... I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of writing you do!

Well, it's 3 am here... I am off to get some shut-eye... have a nice morning and I'll check back with you later!

Becky

Julie said...

I have been watching the eagles again this year. I saw the one fall from the nest and was so glad it was OK. Your tomatoes look wonderful as usual. I sent the email to my granddaughters grandmother as she has a upside down tomato cage like that. would hate for them to get hurt. Have a great day.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I ALWAYS read all of your blog posts, Dad, and enjoy each and every one. Your Thought For The Day is a keeper, definitely. Your plants are looking wonderful! and I see one eaglet "branched" over at WVEC. The falcons are my favorites -- thanks for that link. I've checked in there before and really enjoy seeing the falcons. Hawks and falcons are favorite birds of mine and I miss "my" hawk or falcon from the Mojave.

May you both enjoy the rest of your day! Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

Carlene Noggle said...

HI DAD AND MARY! WE ARE HAVING HOT, HOT WEATHER HERE I GA. IT WILL BE IN THE HUNDREDS FRIDAY...I DREAD IT BECAUSE WHERE I WORK IT GETS HOT. I LOVE ALL YOUR ENTRIES DAD, NO MATTER WHAT LENGTH THEY ARE.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE