Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & SEVENTY FIVE

This Sunflower is growing in my tomato garden, close to a tomato plant. I did not plant this, the birds that I feed done that for me. Dad.
( Count the tomatoes on this plant above when you enlarge it.)
.
I was walking through my tomato garden last evening around 8 p.m. and this is what I saw. When I see the tomatoe plants looking like this I cannot keep from snapping a picture. I always carry my little camera in my shirt pocket.

Useing lot's of mulch and controlled watering has kept the blight down this year. You can see that there is not very much on these plants above. Dad.
.
(Spesial notice, to enlarge pictures click on any of the three pictures above , Dad.)


Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it.
.
Wasted seconds, minutes, days, and years shall never come again
.
Begin the Day with God
.
I hope that all of you are feeling good this morning, I am not feeling the very best but I think that a cup of good coffee and a big smile from you will help. The tea and coffee is ready, sit down and I will do the pouring this morning. Dad.
.
Our weather looks a little better. The tempeature at 4 a.m. was 64, and here is our report for today from AOL.
.
Scattered thunderstorms early. Skies will become mostly sunny this afternoon. High around 85F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
.
. Why don't we check on Sara's Dog Training today, you will find it very interesting, Dad.

.
Posted on 01 July 2009 by tomatocasual.com
.
By Vanessa Richins
.
From Patt, Oregon:
.
“I have a quick question. I haven’t heard of anyone doing this, so there must be a reason. But maybe I don’t know.
We have a daylight basement with lots of southern-facing windows. I would like to grow fresh “garden” food down there in the winter. We live in eastern Oregon (the dry side of the state.) Winter daylight is as little as 8-10 hours in the dead of winter
Does anyone know if one can be successful growing tomatoes in this kind of an inside garden in the winter? If this is possible, are there other fresh-type fruits or vegetables that would be successful for winter indoor-gardening as well?
Thanks!”
.
Hi Patt! Growing vegetables like you describe can be done…though you would likely need to add in some additional grow lights to the room, as well as make sure the room was kept warm enough.
To understand why, we need to first look at
Read the rest of this entry »
.
Related Posts
.
.
.
Useing these two links above you can compare the two seasons 2008 & 2009. It's interesting to me. Dad.
.
.
And these two outdoor Cams above will let you see a little of what is going on each day. You may see an old man out there feeding the birds or doing a little work in the tomato garden.That of course is old Dad.
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
" Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."
.
This verse is in our bible study for tonight. Colossians chapter 4 verse 6.
.
It's time for me to go away. but you are going to have a hard time keeping me away. If my life is spared I will be right back here again in the morning, just warning you. I hope that we all,( that includes old Dad) can be good to every one that we meet today. Being kind and giving them a big smile. It migh help lift someone up that is down.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
865-850-6763 ... Cell phone
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

4 comments:

Cindi said...

Good morning Dad,
have an enjoyable day

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm sending a SMILE your way today in hopes it will cheer you and you'll feel a little better. It's a joy to see your tomatoes gowing so well. Have a great Wednesday!
'On Ya'-ma

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

What a beautiful sunflower gift the birds have left in return for your feeding them! I get those sometimes, too, but don't see any yet this year. And your tomatoes are looking very good, too...;)

Have a wonderful rest of the day and evening! Love from Jamaka and fams

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Dad!
How in the world do you get so many tomatoes on your tomato plants??? do you crop the tops off the plants?
love ya,
carlene