Thursday, August 4, 2011

DADS THURSDAY'S ENTRY THREE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FORTY SEVEN

" Living  every day in Hope " Dad.

Hi to everyone. This is Mary writing with an update on Dad.

I think most of you knew that Dad has been having a lot of trouble with his feet and legs. Mainly on the left side where the blood clot was that went to the lungs a few years ago.

I took Dad to the Foot Doctor this a.m. for his latest appointment. He said the wound is not healing like he would like it to, so he made Dad an appointment to start going to the Wound Care Center as an out patient. He said they can prescribe medications that he doesn't have access to from the doctors  office. He'll go once a week, and the Home Health nurses will continue to come here 2 or 3 days a week to wrap his foot and keep tabs on how things are going. They feared that the infection would go to the bone, but did x-rays and says it has not so we are glad to know that. 

He wasn't able to go in for Bible Study last night and that is definitely a first. He stayed in bed all day yesterday and that is a first, too.

But things are looking up.

Bye for now.

Love,  Mary & DAD

Good morning.

I would like to write a journal  this morning but that  is not possible. My main Doctor wants me in his office at 10 a.am. this morning. I have no idea what he is going to tell me, but I have prepares myself to accept it.

I just want to tell all of you that I love you and will be thinking of you today.

Mary will be adding to this, when we have any news.

BYE     BYE     DAD

10 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope the doctor has only good news for you today. Take care and I'll be waiting to hear what he had to say.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

Soon you will be at the Doctor's Office for a consultation. I will be thinking of you and visiting often for an update from you or from Mary. I hope the Doctor can help you obtain some relief from the pain. It is good that you had the bible meeting at your house last night because all who saw you offered you encouragement and they are all praying for you today. Lots of positive thoughts and love are being sent your way.

...Sara's Mom

Sara said...

I'll be thinking about you at 10AM today. Oreo and Chewy are sending you furry hugs.

~Sara

Anonymous said...

Grandpa, Sending much love to you! - Bethany

Anonymous said...

Hoping all goes well at the Dr. office. Will have you in my thoughts and prayer. Will be waiting for and update.
Boyd

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon DAD...

I do hope you returned to bed when you home from your doctor's appointment. Sounds like things are slow healing but at least they can do something special to help it heal rather than have an infection travel to the bone. I am relieved and hope you are too. Of course I don't have to live with the pain and discomfort. You seem to have really good care. This has definitely not been a good summer for you.

Hugs to you and to your caregiver Mary.
...Sara's Mom

tx folks said...

Our favorite blogger ailin'??? Say it ain't so!! Here's hoping you'll soon be feeling much, much better!

Greetings from TX....sdk

Sara said...

I'm glad that you got some good news at the doctor. Now, get lots of rest.

Oreo says, "Make sure Mary gives you some treats! They always make me feel better."

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet, healing-purr-giving Prince:

Echoing everyone else's thoughts (esp. "tx folks") and then some, and adding our *PRAYERS and HEALING PURRS of WELLBEING* to everyone else's. Very glad you have Home Health Care and hope the Wound Care Center is close by. They should be able to do you a lot of good, I pray Keep us informed. We are all thinking of and praying for you, Dad. We love you all! Jamaka and fams<3

Helen said...

Sending prayers up for you Dad, Thanks for posting this Mary.
Helen