Friday, August 14, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & FOURTEEN

Good Morning,



Picture by Mary---This tomato was produced in Dad's Garden in the 2008 season. A few years ago when we first began writing our journal we had to beg some of these big tomato companies for pictures to use and sometimes we were turned down. Now we just grow our own pictures - Tomatoes and Roses. ...DAD


"Time is so precious-do not waste it.''



"Begin the Day with God."
.
Sara, Mary is going to be with me this morning as we check on Oreo & Misty. Is it o.k. if we come to Sara's Dog Training a little earlier, we are going to be working outside today I know that a lot more of my readers are planning to come later. DAD.
.
I have our tea and coffee ready, why don't we just stop right here and sit down and sip our coffee or tea as we talk. You do the talking and I will try to be a good listener. Dad.
.
Here below is a comment that I appreciate very much.Thanks Ma.


I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...
.
Glad you are SMILING today! There is nothing like a good nights rest to make you feel good. Our tomatoes here in northern Ohio are just now in their prime. We were much later starting than you were. Your smile is infectious so now I'm SMILING too and will pass it along today!
August 13, 2009 5:36 AM
.
Here is the link to an excellent blog that I have had in my side panel for a long time, I want to call it to your attention as I don't want you to miss My Southern Home it is a very interesting blog. DAD
.
....
Here is something below that I enjoy each week, always interesting. Dad.

American Profile Magazine
....
Here is my thought for today.

" Peace is not the absence of conflict but the ability to cope with it."

and--

" It's right to be contented with what you have but never with what you are."

Both of these thoughts are from Apples of Gold. Dad.

I am going to have something to celebrate in about two weeks from now, that's the day that I began writing this blog six days each week. It has not been easy but I have enjoyed every day of it and I hope that I have helped someone produce a few good tomatoes in their own back yard.


One thing that I do know is that I have made many friends all around this world, and I imagine a few enemies also.. I am thankful for all of you that have helped me along the way by encouraging me with your comments and good wishes. Thanks. Dad.

I will have a picture of my Entry # One in my August 28th Entry.

Still having nice weather and AOL says it looks good for the week end, lots of sun, Here it is.

Today.. 8//14/09

Plenty of sunshine. High 89F. Winds light and variable.


DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
Dad's Smile Album
Dad's Songbird and Rose Garden
Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album-2008
Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album-2009
Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page

Here above are just a few of the links that are in my side panel, there are many more to choose from, I hope that you will use them. Dad.

Don't you think that I should be quiet for a while, well I do. I hope that all of you are feeling good today and going off to your job with a big smile.

I am really surprised that I am still feeling good but I am. I am going to be outside as soon as the sun comes up and do a few things that need to be done.

Walk wisely today, someone may be watching your every step and we do want to be a good example. Sending Love & Good Wishes to every one of you all around this world.

BYE BYE DAD.

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning, Dad, I hope you are doing well this morning. Thanks as always for the good coffee. I don't know if you are serious about wanting a dog but I e-mailed you an ad for a small sheltie mix dog near you that needs a home. Let me know if you don't get it. Have a good day today and I hope you get some nice weather.

Tennessee Granddaddy said...

Good Morning Dad,
I'm heading to the lake this morning to try the fishing. Hope we do some catching, too.

I hope Mary and you have a good day.

I love you!

Jim

Mandy said...

Grandpa,

Thanks for your comment on my blog! The salsa is very good, and I hope to see you soon and bring you some of it. Thank you so much for always remembering us with your tomoatoes.

We love you!
Mandy and Alex

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am still SMILING and so glad that you are doing well and SMILING too. It is going to be a hot one here today so if that's the case at your house I hope you find a shady spot and keep cool. Your words of wisdom are always welcome and appreciated.

Sara said...

Glad to hear that you are still feeling good!

I am finally able to get out myself and pick some red tomatoes! We don't have a lot due to our record breaking rainy July, but the ones I have sure taste good!

Enjoy your day!

Helen said...

We are still having tomatoes Dad and quite a few of them are still green. So I hope we will have some a while longer. I don't think you have made any enemies. You are to good a person for that. Have a nice afternoon along with Mary. Helen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
That's a beautiful tomato picture and much better than the tomato companies would offer! ;)
And what kind of enemies would you have, Dad? Tomato-haters? Rose-haters? Bird-haters? ;(

Have a beautiful afternoon and evening! Love to you both from Jamaka and fams