Saturday, April 3, 2010

SATURDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED THIRTEEN

My mood for today 4/03/10 is ...,, a bit sad.
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it"
.
."Wasted time will come again no more."

Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album ( Use the slide show & speakers when you view this.)
.
This link above will show you one of my best years in producing tomatoes. 2008 was a wonderful year
for producing tomatoes. I wish that I could do it again. Dad .

I must say that I am glad to see Saturday. We had a hectic day yesterday. We had been having some problems with our Broadband connection. A technician from AT&T came out, and the computer is working some better.

However, for the present time, my Web Cams will not be available, but I will do all I can to get them back soon.

It is due to a router problem the Tech tried to repair (or reconfigure) but it really has more problems now than before he came! . You might try Web Cam #3--Someone said that they viewed that cam without a problem this afternoon.
We miss our Web Cams! Our dear friend Pamela is going to help us to get the Cams back on.
.
We have another Camera that we are going to try this morning. It may be that we can use it and make new Cams. We will let you know. Dad.
.

But one good thing did happen yesterday afternoon, we got our garden spot prepared, it is ready now to get those tomatoes in the ground, which we will do very soon.
.
Now right here is the link that you must see if you are producing good home grow tomatoes. Be sure and read it all all the way to the bottom, you will be glad that you did. Dad.
.

Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page


. ''
Sara I don't know with my blogh in the shape that it is in if I should try to check on Oreo & Misty. But I am going to and we can see what happens. Here is the link Sara's Dog Training blog. give us some good news Sara. DAD.
.
Gardener To The Big House..
.
This link above is so interesting, most of you know Bob, I have neglected in showing this to you as much as I should. Thanks Bob for letting me show this today, Your friend. DAD .
.
.Click on this Eagle Web Cam and you will go right to to the eagles nest, wonder what is going to happen today? It is interesting to watch them being fed. And you will begin to see them grow. They are going to be crowded very soon if they keep on eating like they are now. they are to be banded today..Here is another link to the eagles that is interesting. Try it out..http://eaglenest.blogs.wm.edu/.
.
ORDER Biota Max™ NOW!

.Use referral code (Dad).DAD's Special - Biota Max Soil Probiotic...Its time to think about placing an order for Biota Max, those tomatoes would like to see it. I will be using this when I get my plants in the ground Dad.

.http://www.biotamax.com/Application.htmlThis link will give you information on useing Biotaa Max
.

Ecobirder
Gatlinburg, TN Web Cam
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
LEARN BIRD SONGS
.
This is all that I am going to have untill later in the morning when I find out more about the 3 cams that we lost. We are doing our best to get them going again.
.
Here is my thought for the weekend.
.
" The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. "


Taken from Proverbs chapter 18 verse 10

.
I hope that you have a good day and that we all can be kind to everyone. Let's all try to " Live for others. "

I hope to see you earl in the morning on Monday ( I do not write a blog on Sunday) If my life is spared

BYE BYE DAD
Copywrited 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.


8 comments:

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
Glad to hear that your garden is prepared for the tomatoes! I won't be long now until planting season! I am looking forward to seeing all those beautiful tomatoes you grow. Perhaps we can come for a visit this summer and have one of those delicious tomato sandwiches! Love, Karen

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

I can understand you being a bit sad after spending time trying to get things working better and ending up with things worse than before the (experts)worked on your PC. Working the soil in your garden was a good way to help you relax. I am going to a garden shop today to buy some pansy plants. I enjoy having a large basket of them on my front step. They smile up at me every time I go out and come home.

The pierogi making yesterday was a huge success. With full sun shining into the kitchen, three of us worked together and made about 250 pierogi. We also had a little help from a 6 year old and a 13 year old. It was wonderful to see those 2 young girls interested in learning this ethnic tradition. Tonight we will get to enjoy eating them.

Have a very wonderful Easter meeting. See you on Monday. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear DAD,
Getting the soil ready was your labor of love.
When you finished, you smelt of the earth. You were probably tired but felt good. Now you are dreaming tomatoes. I am dreaming of Joan's pierogis. I wonder if she made any with sauerkraut. Happy Easter to you and your family. Aloha, Sara's aunt.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Sorry to hear you're sad, Dad! Hope you have reason to SMILE very soon! Glad to hear you got your tomato ground prepared. Now isn't that reason to be happy? ;)

One of the eagle parents is eating -- finally! and it's looking good in the National Parks today. Have a wonderful afternoon/evening and a blessed Easter -- love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Helen said...

Hi Dad, I hope you can get the internet connections fixed soon so you won't feel sad. Glad that you got your tomato plot all ready. Just a few more days. I hope that you and Mary have a very Happy Easter. Helen

arthur allen said...

Dear DAD

I am posting this comment because I thought you and your readers might be interested in my new book RIPE: The Search for the Perfect Tomato. It is a scholarly and journalistic romp through the history of the tomato and the technology, commerce and tastes that shape the way tomatoes arrive to us today. Along the way I picked tomatoes with illegal aliens in Florida, climbed up Mt. Vesuvius to taste San Marzano and piennolo varieties, attended a processing tomato excursion to Western China, an area that now produces more canning tomatoes than southern Italy, and profiled the great tomato geneticist Charley Rick. Anyway, just wanted to let you know about the book.


best regards
Arthur Allen
freelance writer, Washington DC
artnews@earthlink.net

Sara said...

Happy Easter DAD & Mary! I hope you have a wonderful day, and that your mood on Monday is "happy"!

Becky said...

Happy Easter, Dad!