Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MONDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND SEVENTY

Good Morning.
.
The first think that I wan't to find out is it safe to come out, are all these holidays over, I hope so I am getting lonsome to talk to you. yesterday was nice day but just a little on the slow side, but uou just watch today things are going to take off with a big bang.
.

On your blog today, my sister mentioned the Kolea Bird flying from Alaska to Hawaii every year. So, I had to do some research and I found this video of a Kolea Bird set to lovely music and a nice verse by O'Henry about the Kolea Bird:

"We never miss the music until the sweet voiced bird has flown away." - O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5TcsA-UiXsw
.
Thanks to Joan for sending this above to me, DAD.
.
Now maybe we can get settled down to business such as Sumtra X bold coffee and Sara's Dog Training , To to me they seem to go togerher. I know that Sara is going off to work this morning and leave Misty and Oreo alone, but I am sure that they will enjoy the rest today. DAD.
.
Even thought it was a holiday Mary and I did a little work yesterday, the three Cams below will help you check on us. Look at them often. DAD.
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
DAd's Outdoor Web Cam #3.
.
Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code..
...
usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.
...
Today..9/7/10
Mostly sunny. Hot. High 33C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
A good deal of sunshine. Hot. High 92F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

.
Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site
This might be of some use if your zone is still producing tomatoes if not save it to your next season. DAD .
.
This is going to be enough for this tuesday morning, I have enjoyed talking even if I havent said much. I hope to see you in the morning again, I am sending LOVE to all you, " Be Good."
.

.BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved


4 comments:

Sara said...

Well, I'm up early, so I won't be late to work! Turns out Oreo & Misty will have an exciting day afterall. While I'm at work, our septic tank will be getting pumped out! Misty & Oreo will have lots of monitoring to do out the window.

Hope you have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

After several very lazy days I have lots of errands to accomplish today...so many, I had to make a list. After I have my cup of Sumatra with you, I'll be out and about for most of the day.

Did you know that the Kolea bird travels from Hawaii to Alaska, a 3000 mile journey, in two days and its average flight speed is approximately 60 mph! They eat a lot of food and gain a lot of weight to have the energy to accomplish such a feat.

CAM #3 is set closer to the bird feeder today. I was watching 1 dove feeding and then a flock of smaller birds flew right down to join in the feast. Wonder if they are eating to gain weight to have the fuel needed to sustain the colder days ahead or to fly a great distance.

Enjoy the day. Spend some time observing the activities around the habitat you have created for these wonderful creatures. I bet Prince loves watching the activities from the window sills. ...Sara's Mom

Cindi said...

morning Dad...lil late for me but I have been working a busy schedule the past 4 days...tonight one more shift then I can rest for 2...whew...drink my breakfast blend Maxwell house this morning....yum!
have a great day

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and handsome PRINCE!:

Hope you are having a good day and relaxing with some good coffee, watching some birds! Enjoyed the video and your friend Sara's Mom's information about the Kolea. Yes, every living being is amazing, don't you agree? Just wish everyone realized this and valued all of those who share our earth -- all are here for a reason and all are important.

It's cold and cloudy here! We haven't had our usual bird attendance on the feeders. The hummingbirds are drinking their nectar, though.

Love to you all from Jamaka and fams