Thursday, September 9, 2010

THURSDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND SEVENTY TWO

Good Morning


Below is a very interesting link about Yosemite---
.
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/05/24/frazil-ice-fascinati.html

This interesting aricle above was sent to me by my first cousin Don. Thanks Don that is very good and will be appreciated by many of our readers. DAD

Here is another link to a site that you nay find interesting
YouTube - Ford Model T - 100 Years Later

This was sent to me by Helen, DAD

PRINCE Watching Dad work I like that,

Dad looking over one of his birthday gifts!

Well as usual our Two beautiful Shelties and our Sumatra x bold come next, Sara we do appreciate all that you do in keeping us up to date on them with your job as a school teacher, here is where I am going early this morning to Sara's Dog traing blog come go with me DAD.

..

This is all for today, not much but all that I have for today. want to come back tomorrow. I am sending LOVE to all of you and hoping that you will live for others, that's what it is all about

BYE BYE DAD

6 comments:

Rob said...

That looks a great birthday gift if you have a sweet tooth dad! Prince is looking very interested too.

Becky said...

Mmmmmm that candy makes me hungry. I love the taste of coffee and chocolate together. Mr. Prince is getting big! Looks like he still has a way to go to grow into those ears, though (smile). He looks like good company in the early morning hours.

Sara said...

Prince is so alert! Are you putting coffee in his dish?

School is closed today for the Jewish holiday. It is nice to get a break the first week. I'll be catching up on the piles of paperwork that form during the first week of school, meeting my mom for lunch, and of course, spending some extra time with Misty & Oreo!

I hope you have a good day. Thanks for sharing your box of chocolates with us!

~Sara

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

What a fascinating blog you have given us today! I enjoyed my chocolate covered caramel with my Sumatra coffee while watching the 2 videos. I had to take a break after watching the one on Frazil Ice so I could immediately send it to my grandson and several friends. It is such an amazing act of nature. I would love to take my grandsons there some March.

The beginning of the video on the Model T made me think about my mother who worked so hard for over 50 years at a sewing machine in a factory. She worked on pieces of a garment. In the factories she never made a full garment, she was so fast and accurate that she was always given the hardest parts because she could make them in the least amount of time. At the end of the week she would sit at the kitchen table counting her tickets (1 per item) and calculate what her weekly salary would be. In all her years of working she never could make more than minimum wage because no matter how fast she sewed, they would give her something harder and more time consuming to sew. But she loved the challenge and hardly ever complained.

No wonder Prince is sitting looking sovery regal and attentive! He was listening to the voices tell some really interesting stories. I know they both held me captive.

Now relax and have a peaceful day, you deserve it. Though it would be nice if you could join Sara and I for lunch today. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks, DAD and thanks, Don. The video on Frazil Ice is facinating. Hugs to you and hugs to sister Joan. Your blog brings out lovely memories. Aloha, Sara's aunt

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and alert Prince!:

Sara's Mom said it! Those are fascinating videos. I'd love to visit Yosemite in the winter! and I remember relatives' fond stories of the Model T Ford. They sound pretty much like the car we need today, don't they? And with all those different styles, they could meet a lot of peoples' needs -- for trucks, convertibles, station wagons, coupes, and so on. I'd like it if they'd return to the unpaved roads, too, and get away from the cities.

Prince IS looking very regal! Purrs and love to him, and wishing you all a wonderful day/evening -- love from Jamaka and fams
PS If you wouldn't mind saving a Cafe au Lait truffle for me, I'd sure appreciate it ;)