Thursday, April 21, 2011

DAD'S ENTRY TWO THOUSAND EIGHTY FOUR

" We must begin this and every day of the year with God "





P1010083



Here above is our first Rose of the 2011 season



Hi DAD,



My daughter sent this to me. I believe you learned this Cherokee Indian's lesson a long time ago. Now, in your own special way, you teach others to feed the good wolf.



Thank you. Aloha, always, Betty



Which wolf?



An old Cherokee Indian chief was teaching his grandson about life…
“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.
“One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, self-doubt, and ego.
“The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.
“This same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
“Which wolf will win?”
The old chief replied,”The one you feed.”



Thank you Betty for the above, Dad



I want to ask you first, how do you feel this Thursday morning ? I am feeling good and after a cup of Sumatra x bold Starbucks coffee I will be ready to get busy. We had a busy day again yesterday, and very thing working our way.




This Lyrical Verse by Stephen Sondheim is Knopf's Poem of the Day and I thought you would enjoy it.

"Green Finch and Linnet Bird," sung by the character of Johanna in Sweeney Todd, may not be a poem, but to read it without its haunting, angular melody is to "hear" it slightly differently.

GREEN FINCH AND LINNET BIRD
Green finch and linnet bird,Nightingale, blackbird,How is it you sing?How can you jubilate,Sitting in cages,Never taking wing?Outside the sky waits,Beckoning, beckoning,Just beyond the bars,How can you remain,Staring at the rain,Maddened by the stars?How is it you singAnything?How is it you sing?Green finch and linnet bird,Nightingale, blackbird,How is it you sing?Whence comes this melody constantly flowing?Is it rejoicing or merely halloing?Are you discussingOr fussingOr simply dreaming?Are you crowing?Are you screaming?Ringdove and robinet,Is it for wages,Singing to be sold?Have you decided it'sSafer in cages,Singing when you're told?My cage has many rooms,Damask and dark.Nothing there sings,Not even my lark.Larks never will, you know,When they're captive.Teach me to be more adaptive.Green finch and linnet bird,Nightingale, blackbird,Teach me how to sing.If I cannot fly,Let me sing.


Thanks Joan for all the things that you send my way. DAD


We are offering an opportunity to give you space in this Journal, to mention your business or products, We are read in more than 1oo countries of the world and over 3000 cities. The price is reasonable $1.oo each day, we publish 6 journals each week. " The Sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal" Give Dad a call, let's get busy and increase our business. white6416r@aol.com


I hope that you are still satisfied with the Side Panel, let Dad know if I need to change anything. In the panel you can find so much interesting things, the eagles, John White's blog, Tennessee Granddaddy, the 3 outside cams, and I want to tell you that they are very interesting these days. A lot of action on Can # 2.


Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3


This will be enough for today, I have enjoyed visiting with you. I know that this a bit to long, but I just had to say it. I hope to be back on Friday morning if all is well.


BYE BYE DAD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, DAD,
As I was opening your blog, I thought I smelled Rose Water. Then I saw your first bloom of the season. My senses played a trick on me. The rose is beautiful.
Off to bed. I'll have that coffee in about 8 hours. Have a fine day. Aloha....Sara's aunt

Anonymous said...

Good morning DAD....

What a peaceful blog. You reminded us to start the day with God and then shared some of his gifts with us. The red rose is still the most beautiful variety and yours is "perfect"....definitely a blue ribbon winner....I especially love the dew drops on it. I think Steve would be impressed.

The two poems are gentle and peaceful voices. What a good morning it is. Thanks for all you give to us. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet handsome Prince:

What a glorious rose! I'm thinking it is a Princess rose <3 -- is it?

Yes, that is one of our stories, all right, and a good one for everyone to remember. ;)

Beautiful song/poem about the birds -- a lot of wisdom there, too. I don't remember that as a song in the movie, but the words are beautiful.

Wishing you all a safe, peaceful and good weekend, and good holy days. Love, Jamaka and fams