....
When Friday arrives we are all Happy, we know that our two rest days are getting close and we begin to smile and relax a little, When I was young I did not appreciate these rest days as much as I do since I am getting older, and I am trying to take advantage of every one of them.
....
I hope that all of my friends are getting out of their bed with a big Smile on your face, the saying is " Smile and the world Smiles with you, Cry and you cry alone"
I don't think that is really right, not in my case anyway, I have friends that have Cried with me, I did not have to Cry alone.
I now have a copy of the "Legends of Cades Cove in my hands, I will have pictures in the side panel of this journal in a few days. These books would make excellent Xmas gifts, Birthday gifts or Graduation gifts and would be interesting to students, just send me your list and I will do the rest. vweals4403@comcast.net
Checks , Money Orders, Credit Cards accepted. DAD.
....
A Funny Tomato Garden Story:
..
An elderly gentleman lived alone in New Jersey . He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard.His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:Dear Vincent,I am feeling pretty sad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.Love,Papa A few days later he received a letter from his son.Dear Papa,Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.Love, Vinnie
....
At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the man and left.
That same day the old man received another letter from his son.
..
Dear Papa,Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now, the ground is ready.
That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love you,Vinnie
Check this out! Old Time General Store
More from Dad
This link will tell you more about the books I am offering.
Well my problems are all over and I am back in buusiness. When Mary came in she soon found my trouble and soon had me headed in the right directon.
I am going to let this be all for today, but I will see you in the early morning with something interesting from Betty who lives in Hawaii .
Enjoyed my visit with you this morning.
2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com

4 comments:
This is Dad commenting on his own Blog. For some unknown reason the computer will not me edit. Where I am is where I am going to stay untill I solve this problem. I have lots of these, please bear with me. DAD
BLogger seems to have a lot of issues lately. I hope they fix all the quirks soon.
Last day of classes today. Monday, exams start. Yea! More time to spend with Chewy & Oreo.
Happy Friday!
Good Morning DAD...
The hot steamy temps are gone...I am happy! Our one week vacation on Seneca Lake begins tomorrow and except for some showers the temps look perfect for being outdoors. I am hoping some of those hours will be spent sitting on an adirondak chair facing the lake and reading a good book if I can keep my eyes off of the sparkling blue water. Seneca Lake is the second deepest lake in Ameerica and the blue colors are magnificient. Maybe we will even get to take a lunch/boat ride along the lake.
I hope you get to spend a day or two at Douglas Lake. I enjoyed the photos you posted 2 years ago of you on the deck listening to the water. It would be good for you to fish and relax with your greatgrandson and to tell him some "tales" of other times spent on the lake.
Happy Friday! ...Sara's Mom
Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet, sunny Prince Charming:
Very funny story -- I guess we should all try that when we need our gardens dug for planting?! ;)
Isn't Mr. Scapes' basement wonderful! Is it pretty accurate compared to your family's General Store, do you think, Dad? What an amazing project and labor of love it is -- I wonder if they let visitors tour the Main Street.
Wishing you all a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend! Love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams <3
Post a Comment