Nothing matters but salvation
Good morning.
As I began writing this journal this morning my thoughts went to something that was in our news paper years ago. It was a picture of a little man walking around and ever where he went there was a small cloud over his head with the rain falling on only him. And I said out loud to Prince that is me this day.
I know that we should expect that but I never seem to remember.
Our number one problem is our comment system, it works for some it don't for others I have talked to every one from the clean boy on up at several places and no answer yet when we finish at the oxygen treatment we will try again. I have heard it said that " If you try and fail again that you are running about normal " any way I am concerned about it. Dad.
Today
Abundant sunshine. High 25C. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Mainly sunny. High 77F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph
- John White
- Knoxville News-Sentinel
- Learn Bird Songs
- My Everyday Life
- Record Relics
- RefDesk
- Sara's Dog Training
- Shooting My Universe
- Starbucks
- Tennessee Granddaddy
- Tomato Casual
- Urban Garden Casual
- Weather
Favorite Links
- Dad's Fried Green Tomato
- Dad's Memoirs
- Dad's Memoirs
- Dad's News and Tomato Views
- Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-1
- Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-2
- Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-3\
- Dad's Rose Garden Album 2010
- Dad's Smile Album
- Dad's Songbirds and Roses
John I am using these gems with out your permission, let me know if it is not O.k. with you I can remove them, I will understand
Subject: Conventions gems.
*It's just as bad to sing a lie as to tell a lie
*The depth of our service is more important than the length of our service
*How strong is the Lord? With God nothing is impossible: Mk 10;27, Luke 18:27 Matt 28;18
*The Lord's Strength is available only to those weak in themselves: II Cor 12:9
*We can be as close to Jesus as we want to be. Mary sat at Jesus feet.
*The most important part of producing fruit is the stem. The tiny stem is the fruit connection to the tree. The stem is our prayer life.
*Jesus: I am the light of the world. The Lord was light to the children of Israel, but darkness to Egypt. The Lord is Light to His people, but darkness to the World. Luke 10:21 "hid from the wise & prudent"
*A parcel of land may be too high for water to flow into it. We need to be brought low so the water of life can flow into our little plot of soil.
*Moses was high & mighty in Egypt. It took 40 years as a shepherd to humble him so the Lord could use him.
*Shallow water is almost always polluted . we need to dig deep for the Pure water of Life.
*Jesus told Peter to launch out to the deep. Peter found fish that he didn't know existed. The Words of Jesus will always give us food.
*The Lord knows the thoughts & intents of every person on earth all the time. Heb 4:12, I Kings 8:39
*Our enemy has no power against Love, Joy & peace.
*Paul felt that he was a debtor to every one: Rom 1:14-15. The Children of Israel robbed God. Mal 3:8. They refused to return to the Lord a portion of the fruit He had given them, in tithes & offerings. When Jesus gives us the fruit of the Spirit, we must pay back a portion by giving of the this fruit to our brethren & the world, or we lose it all.
*Anything can become a huge burden when we don't ask Jesus for help.
*Man is the only creature that can communicate with God.
*Man is the only creature that can spend eternity with God.
*Unkind silence can be as harmful as unkind words.
*There are no superlatives in human language that can describe Heaven.
*Abraham said "I & the lad will go yonder & worship & will come again to you". Abraham had absolute confidence that, if he put Isaac to death, the Lord would raise him up again.
*A rose can flourish & bloom in a garbage dump.
*I can't effectively pray for my brother/enemy until I can forgive & love him.
*Jesus told his disciples "you are they who have continued with me in my temptations". This he said in spite of their faults & failings. Luke 22:28
*The only weapon in the Lord's armor, Eph 6;17, is the sword, the Word of God. Jesus used this sword against Satan (Matt 4:6&9). We need to be proficient with this weapon. Eve had it but didn't use it against Satan in the Garden of Eden.
*Jesus drew on future Joy for present strength. Heb 12:2
*We need to allow the provider to provide not allow the provoker to provoke
*We'll never win a battle that we don't want to win.
*Jacob, in his old age, sang a song of thankfulness "God has fed me all my life until this day" Gen 48:15.
*The world could mar Jesus' body but could not mar his spirit.
*A wrong spirit is like a flat tire. you can't go anywhere until you change it.
*We can't lead anyone beyond where we haven't been willing to go.
Please use the side panels today
This is all for the first part of the day, possibly more after the treatments, when ever it is I am sending Love and best of wishes your way, please do not miss them
BYE BYE DAD

13 comments:
Good morning, Dad. Have a great day! Pamela
I am testing your comments section...Pamela
I think blogger is owned by google, and google wants people to use their browser, google chrome, instead of internet explorer. So, blogger has made it difficult for people to comment when using explorer. Or maybe I'm thinking too much!
Anyway, if you change to a popup comment form under your settings, I find that solves the problem.
hi
Good Afternoon DAD...
I had a busy morning but am now home and sipping an afternoon pickup cup of coffee. I plan to read and reflect on each of your convention GEMS. They really are gems.
Hope you had a good treatment this morning and made lots of people smile and feel good. Now it is time for you to relax and enjoy the rest of this Tuesday. Have a good day. ...Sara's Mom
howdy
mary says hello
Is the browser woeking?
Another test
Good Afternoon,I believe that we may have tis comment problem solved. If any one of you use it and let me know
Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet, stripey Prince:
Looks like you're having more nice weather for your Convention and that you're getting a lot out of it. Safe journeys there and home!
We've got a cool, beautiful day today, sunny but with clouds coming in from the north. Some places here may get rain; doesn't look like we will, but I can always hope ;)
I haven't had any problems yet with commenting...
Sending love and *PURRS* to you all from Jamaka and fams <3
Oh, and if I may...
Internet Explorer was giving me SO many problems! I finally got Google Chrome, and may I recommend it very highly to you and your other readers. It's very fast, and the best thing about it besides that is, you can actually block ads with it! ;)
Hi Dad, this is your son, Jim. I just got home, and thought I would check and see if your comments were working. It seems to be doing fine. I use Firefox and have never had a problem posting comments. I highly recommend Firefox over Internet Explorer. It's faster, safer, and easy to use.
Dad I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Tell everyone at the Hyperbaric Oxygen Unit I said hello.
Love,
Jim
Post a Comment