Saturday, August 1, 2009

EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & THREE

Good Morning.

( I just want to say Hi to you on this Sunday morning. I hope to see you at the coffee pot early Monday morning, DAD )

Time is so precious-do not waste it

© 2009

Do not forget yes this is Saturday morning and I am happy that it is. I can even smile this morning and I have not been doing much of that the last few days. Just thinking of Sunday and all the good things that are comming up for us to enjoy tomorrow makes you happy and does give us hope for the comming week.

The month of August is here and we will soon be looking for the beautiful leaves. The fall months are beautiful but thy are not my favorite, I love the spring month. It is a great joy to me to see the new growth in any direction that we look . In the fall every thing is dieing and it makes me sad. Dad.

I have not mentioned this lately so I do want to do so now. See below.

I do not at the present time sell anything on my blog. The products and services that I sometime mention are things that I like and have tried some of them for myself. And what I am doing is passing these things on to you my friends. My only charge for this is a smile from you.

If the time should ever come( At the moment I do not think that it will ever happen ) when I would need to be selling something I will let you know. We never know what the future holds for us. DAD .

As you know I do not write a journal on Sunday morning. But I hope if you are here and need anything that you will remember to use my side panel.

I am going to take the time to look at Sara's Dog Training this morning. I Love those Shelties, have you huged your dog today ? Dont you think that they are lucky having Sara as their trainer. Dad.

There are five members of my family that write blogs, and I am so proud of all of them for that. I am going to tell you about one of them that you should look at today. This is Karen, she lives in Memphis and writes BrushStrokes .You will enjoy this. Dad.

And somethimg else that I looking for to in the future is my other two great grand children starting a blog, Kara and Zachary. They would be good at it. Come on great grand children, don't dissipoint your old great grand Pa.

And I want to also mention my only son who writes.Tennessee Granddaddy I am sure that you know him, he is that fellow that fishes a lot, Don't miss checking on him today. Dad.

Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page

.Dad's Memoirs Web Page

.Dad's Fried Green Tomatoes Web Page ..I have neglected to show you this link as much as I should. Dad.

.Dad's Songbirds and Roses Web Page .....

Here is my thought for the weekend.

"A good memory is fine--- but the ability to forget is the true test of greatness."

I hope that you will take time to think about the above over the weekend. DAD

Taken from Apples of Gold.

We will also have the weather from AOL to check on. It has been very wet here another day, Friday,during the day they say 1;14 inches fell here. But there has been up to 3 inches on other days of the week.

Here is what they say will happen today. 8/01/09

Today
Mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 88F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph
.

At least no rain for today. DAD

I am going to be easy on you and stop right here. Are you surprised ?

But remember I will be back early Monday morning if all goes well. I hope that you have a nice quiet time, be sure to take a little time to just sit down quietly and meditate, You will be surprised what it will do for you. DAD.

BYE BYE DAD

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

Posted by Dad on 8/01/09. At 4;00 A.M.

8 comments:

Helen said...

We had several showers last week but I think today will be rain free. This grass is getting ahead of Ken again and he practically scalped it the fist of the week. I hope you and Mary enjoy today and hope you have a great Sunday service tomorrow. Helen

Anonymous said...

KAREN IS MY GLOG FRIEND,
I LIKE HER DELIGHTFUL WATER COLOR PAINTINGS. sam

Anonymous said...

SORRY ABOUT THE MIS-SPELLING IN MY COMMENT.
MUST REMEMBER TO DO A BETTER JOB WASHING MY FACE AND GET THE EYES CLEAR.
YES, KAREN IS VERY TALENTED WITH WATER COLOR PAINTING. sam

Anonymous said...

Hello Dad,
This is Micah. Thank you for writing about me. I did not see it til today. I am at my Aunt Pretty's house and we are eating your tomatoes on a sandwich.
I love you,
Micah

Becky said...

Hi Dad, welcome to August! Do you think of August as fall? To me August has always been summer, June-July-August being the summer months. Actually, in California September is the hottest month of all, usually.

It's interesting that you think of fall as an ending time. I guess I still have a carry-over from my school days where I think of fall as the beginning of a new year. I always want to go buy new notebooks and pencils, even though I haven't been in school for 35 years... ha ha... and even though I do all my writing on the computer now. I just love notebooks and pencils... smile.

Have a good weekend with the family! Love you all!

Becky said...

PS, Dad... I just want to tell you one more important thing. I want to tell you THANK YOU for writing every day that "Time is so precious... do not waste it." Reading it every day has had an impact on me. I am a person who has always tended to PLAN instead of to DO things, and reading that message from you every day is a reminder to me to DO instead of just making lists of what I plan to do. Because none of us knows how long we have.

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
Thanks for mentioning my BrushStrokes blog today. I have you to thank for starting it. You are an inspiration to me every day and I am so very proud of you and your Tomato Garden Journal. Love, Karen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Again, better late than not at all, yes? ;) I'm with you on the seasons -- I love autumn, but spring is my favorite season of all. Autumn colors are so beautiful, though, don't you think? Reds and golds and russets and browns...gorgeous!

Your Thought For The Day is one I have to work harder on as it is a good one. Apples of Gold is a great book full of timeless wisdom!

Yes, those are some beautiful paintings, and a very talented artist ;)

Have a wonderful evening and an even more wonderful Sunday! Love and hugs to you both from Jamaka and fams