Good Morning.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it.''
"Begin the Day with God."
Lynne has left a new comment on your post "ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & TEN": Good morning, Dad! I'm so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Stay cool and hydrated today. It will be a warm one today. I'm moving a bit slow myself today and decided to just take my time.
It is good to be reminded that we should include God in all things...and not just when we are having a melt down. May God Bless and keep you this day! Lynne.
I do appreciate the comments that I receive, like the one above from my friend Lynne. Thanks Lynne. DAD.
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam ---A beautiful view in the smokies. Dad.
I am still not up to par this morning, the extra rest did help some yesterday but I still don't have that desire to get to doing my job as I would like to. But I have not lost hope I am doing my best this morning to get out there and at least feed the birds.
I did make some coffee and tea a little while ago we could try a cup of that, sometimes that will get me started. I am going to let one of you pour our drink this morning. I am going to sit right here and wait on you. Dad.
Our weather is hot and it looks like that rain is predicted for today; AOL knows let's listen to them.
Today.. 8/11/09
Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Humid. High 87F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
Even though I am not feeling good I must stop in at Sara's Sara's Dog Training and check on those two beautiful Shelties. You are missing something if you don't come with me. DAD.
Posted on 02 August 2009 by tomatocasual.com
Reader Questions : Yellow Leaves, German Queen Tomato Ripeness
Tags: german queen, Questions, ripeness, yellow leaves
By Vanessa Richins
Alan:
“I live in Brooklyn and I am growing tomatoes on my fire escape using a “Topsy Turvy” planter.
They have been growing beautifully until work called me out of town and I asked my 10 year old to water them. Now I have alot of yellow leaves. However I am not sure his over or under watering is the problem because the yellow leaves are the ones that get the least light.
Does anyone have any suggestion?”
Hello Alan. How often do you fertilize your Topsy Turvy tomatoes? Since container grown plants have a limited Read the rest of this entry »
I am going to stop right here. I am wishing that all of you have a good day. Don.t forget my side panel today. it can do for you what I am not able to do. Smile today if you can I may not be able to help you very much. I hope that I can make it back in the morning.
BYE BYE DAD.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.
14 years ago

12 comments:
Good morning, Dad! Thanks for the note above, a very nice gesture!
I hope you will get to feeling on the mend soon and pray God will touch you and give you special blessings today. I had a headache all weekend into Monday, and am so thankful it finally passed. I am feeling a bit better myself today.
I pray God will continue to bless you and yours this day and always! Blessings!
I'm sending a SMILE you way this morning along with wishes for a great day. I do hope you are feeling better. We do miss your SMILE!
Ray, I sure hope you feel better soon. I really love your smile first thing every morning. You are a blessing! I have known you and your family all my life and remember you all meeting in our home every week since I was old enough to remember anything. I'll be 70 next month. The same day you will be 97.Love, Maurine.
Actually, I haven't forgotten that we are first cousins, too. Mama and Aunt Maude being sisters.Maurine Burnette Bartley
Hi Dad, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so good at the moment, I hope you feel better soon. Me and my dog Tom are going to take your advice and pop on over and see Sara now, its Tom's favourite blog! Bob.
Morning Ray, sorry to hear you're not up to par as you say. Really hope & pray you get to feeling better as the days go by. Tell Mary I hope the same for her. I know she has it hard at times as well. Just hang in there,"till the master comes". We know & are assured that he will take all the sufferings of this world away one day. What a beautiful thought to Gods children. Hey, you have a lot of cake & ice cream to eat next month as well as Maurine. so you need to prepare for that. You have to save me some ,though. haha Love & miss you guys & do hope to see everyone next month. Gotta run!Have a great & beautiful day, you & Mary.
Good morning dad,
I just got done watching the Eagle cam...I was following the Falcons webcam...very interesting...hope you get to feeling better soon...the hot weather makes it harder to want to do things outside...Hows those tomatoes...making any sandwiches or salsa??
take care
xoxoxo
Hello Ray, I am Sara's mom and every day I read Sara's blog and then go to your blog. I love your advise. You are always so positive and you always make me smile. So sorry you aren't feeling 100%. This hot, humid weather can slow us down a lot. I always have my coffee with me when I read Sara's blog and Dad's blog. Did you know Sara grows the most delicious cherry tomatoes? So you have tomatoes in common as well. ..Joan
Grandpa, get some rest and feel better soon! Alex and I made some of the best salsa last week! Yum, yum. I will bring some to the cabin; I hope you and Aunt Mary can make it for a day or two. Love you both so much!
Hi Dad, stopping in to check on you. I think about you nearly EVERY day when I reach and grab tomatoes off the vine. I really do.
Some good tasting heirlooms, romas, and cherry tomatoes. Finally our heirlooms like our soil! They didn't like the soil at our old house. ha.
Well, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope the coffee gave you some perk. I had a hard time getting going this morning too....coffee didn't work for me until the 3rd cup. That is not too good is it? My bones/joints were aching. Not sure what is wrong. Maybe one day I'll know why I get so tired. Mom thinks I have Lyme disease or Lupus. Hubby G thinks I may have had mono at some point and having relapses. So glad to have doctors around in my family (sarcasm of course). Hope you are having a good afternoon up in your area. Not so hot today, and kinda rainy? TAke care.
Sonya
Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
Well, you're getting rain in the Smokies! It looks beautiful there. Hope you are relaxing and enjoying some coffee or tea right about now. It's a good day for it. ;) And your birds are very grateful for your generosity, I'm sure. Mine were all lined up on the power lines this morning when I went out. They know just about what time to put their reservations in and get in line. ;)
Hope you and Ms. Mary have a good, restful day. Love you both! Jamaka and fams
DAD I LOVE THE BIBLE SCRIPTURE THAT TELLS US WE WILL BE HAPPY IN HEAVEN, THOUGH THE SCRIPTURE DOES NOT GO INTO DETAIL I BELIEVE IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL PLACE.
ANOTHER FAVORITE PASSAGE, WITH GOD, NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE.
I LOOK FORWARD TO THAT DAY, HOWEVER WILL DO NOTHING TO HURRY IT UP BECAUSE GOD MAY BE KEEPING US HERE FOR A PURPOSE.
I PRAY OBAMA CARE WILL NOT TAKE US AHEAD OF TIME. sam
Post a Comment