Double click on picture to enlarge.
Good Morning.
( I just want to say Good Morning to you on this Sunday morning 8/16/09. I hope that all is well with you. I hope to see you in the morning with an interesting blog and a smile. DAD. )
"Time is so precious-do not waste it.''
"Begin the Day with God."
I can see that big smile on your face and I know why it's there. Because today is Saturday and many of you can stay in that bed a little longer. I hope that you do enjoy it. When you do get up you can still come see Dad. I keep the coffee pot going all day Saturday. And I do not forget my friends that like their tea.
..
I do about the same things on Saturday as I do any other morning. I like to get up early and enjoy the sounds of the night. I get that Starbucks going and when it is ready pour me a cup then sit and read and try to think of all the good things that have been done for me. I don't worry too much about my blog , I Can do that on Monday morning. If you could peep in you would see a Smile.
.
..
I began doing a very sad job on Friday. I began to remove the tomato plants from my garden. I did not get it completely done. I will finish Monday morning. As I have told you before this time of the year is always the saddest for me. But they were done, I hope that things will be better next year.
.
One thing that worries me is that I did not have as many tomatoes to share with some of you as I would have liked to do. If there is another time maybe I can do better. DAD.
.
Here is my thought for the weekend, it was sent to me in some notes from John M. Thanks John for all the good things that you send me. Dad.
"
" You can tell the size of a person by the size of the things that upset him. Nothing so dangerous as to want our own way. Submission is the greatest lesson to learn."
.
I am going to stop with this. I hope that you are planning on having a good profitable weekend. Our plans here are usually about the same, our Sunday morning meeting and this week a home cooked meal right here at Dad's kitchen. I prefer that above the nicest restaurant in town.
.
I am interested in all Wildlife, not just birds. And that is why I read this link below . It is very interesting and helpful to me. Dad.
.
.
This above will show you an article that was too large to use in my blog. Dad.
.
Here is what AOL tells us about the weather for today.
.
Today
Sunny. High 89F. Winds light and variable
Sunny. High 89F. Winds light and variable
.
You know that I won't see you until early Monday morning, be kind and have a smile for everyone until I see you again.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved


3 comments:
DAD, PERHAPS IF YOU RESERVED PART OF THE TOMATO GARDEN FOR LATER PLANTING, THE LATTER ONES COULD BE BEARING UNTIL FROST.
BACK DURING MY CHILDHOOD TIME IN THE FLINTROCK HILLS OF EASTERN OKLAHOMA WE PICKED LOTS OF GREEN TOMATOS BEFORE FROST FOR WHICH TO MAKE GREEN TOMATO RELISH AND ANOTHER CALLED 'CHOW- CHOW'.
MY DAD WAS GREAT ON PLANTING NOT ONLY TOMATOS ON LATER DATES, ALSO SWEET CORN A WEEK APART SO WE WOULD HAVE DIFFERENT MATURING DATES. sam
Good afternoon. Our Saturday going by fast here. But I have fired up our "Keurig" coffee pot...it allows for individual brew! I needed a little jolt before going to the Titans pre-season game. It is sad to pull up the tomato plants. George pulled up the squash plant debris this morning. Despite the plants looking dead we still have some heirlooms. It showed 98 a few minutes ago on my weather bug and then a rain shower came thru and it's 91. Hot either way isn't it!
Have a nice evening!!!
Sonya
Sara's dogs were so funny in her last entry. Barking when someone leaves LOL. Have a great Sunday morning meeting tomorrow morning. Helen
Post a Comment