"Time is so precious-do not waste it.''
"Begin the Day with God."
This view of the mountains in The Smokies is always a good thing to view in the early morning as the sun is coming up. It helps us to be thankful for all that God has prepared for us in nature. The link is below. Dad.
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It is too early for me to be sure but I do think that I am feeling better this Wednesday morning. I did get a lot of rest the last few days, and I know that has helped me.. But I want to tell you another thing that has helped, I received so many emails and comments from my friends wishing me well, it touched my heart. We all need to appreciate our friends more than we do. DAD.
Now as soon as we have our hot drink coffee or tea and I finish this blog I am headed to the outside where I love to be. Everything is ready, sit down and smile..

Wait just a minute I can't go outside until I have checked on those two beautiful Shelties, Oreo and Misty you will always find them right here. Sara's Dog Training and Sara will be close by taking good care of them. Thanks so much for showing them to us Sara, they bring us a lot of pleasure watching them get their training. And what a wonderful trainer they have. I want a Sheltie so bad. DAD.
Since I have been taking it easy for a few days I have been watching the humming birds out side my office window. ( see the picture up above ) the feeder is so close to me that I can almost touch it. They began coming here the 1st of August in droves. They are a pleasure to watch. Dad.
What to take to bed with you - not a joke .
Pretty neat idea. Never thought of it before. Put your car keys beside your bed at night. Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car.. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies. This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage. If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.
P.S. I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. My Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him.. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.
Please pass this on even IF you've read it before. It's a reminder.
This above was sent to me by my good Friend rilmich. Thanks.
We had some cooler weather on Tuesday. Several thunder storms passed over in the afternoon and the temperature fell fast into the 70's for a while
AOL has the prediction for today ready. Here it is.
Today-- 8/12/09
Variable clouds with showers and thundershowers, mainly this morning. High 84F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
It's time to go and since I am feeling so much better I don't want to stop, but I must. I tell you that it is wonderful to be able to smile and it really coming from your heart. I feel that I can do enough today to pay for the coffee that I drink.
If every thing continues to be good today you can look for me at your door real early on Thursday morning. I am going to Smile today and I want you all to join me if it is possible.
I am glad that I have you as my friend.
BYE BYE DAD.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

12 comments:
Dad, I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. You were on my mind all day and I was hoping that some rest would help you feel better. Thank you for being so loyal about writing each day, as we all look forward to it. That was really good advice you shared about the car keys. I'm going to pass that on to my friends and family. I love the hummingbird picture, too, and the Smokies web cam.
Glad that you are feeling better this morning. Ken told me about using the panic button to our car when he was in the hospital once and I was here by myself. I did keep it by my bedside but thank God I never had to use it. I hope your day goes well today. Helen
I'm so glad you're feeling better. Try not to over-do, tho. Just slow down and enjoy the out doors. KEEP SMILING!! Love, Maurine.
So glad you are feeling better Dad. Take care.
Well now I'm SMILING! because you are feeling better. I hope you enjoy your day and find a few more smiles along the way!
Hey Dad, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today. Thats a good idea about carrying the car keys, I will be sure to send it to all the people I know. Unfortunately my old car doesn't have an alarm like that but if I even get one that does I will be sure to follow the advice. Bob.
The car alarm is a great idea, sometimes we overlook the simple solutions, but hope we never have to use it. I am glad you are better--- your coffee time is the best.
So glad to hear you are feeling better and ready to be outdoors...after coffee of course. The hummingbird is a beautiful bird, you are so lucky to have them outside your window. We occasionally see a cardinal or two in our yard but that is in the spring. Now I am going to smile as I begin my daily work...and I think I'll go and do some outdoor work first. You just make me want to be outside. ...Sara's Mom
Hi Uncle Ray,
Glad you are feeling better! I like that Great Smoky Mountains web cam. I look at it so very often and wish I were living close enough to see that view from my window.
Hey Dad,
I am glad you are feeling better, but don't overdo it! It looks foggy in the mountains today...I love the peacefulness that the fog brings. Too bad I don't still live there!
Take care of yourself and I will talk to you soon!
With love,
Vicki in Birmingham
PS Micah is now missing BOTH front teeth!
THAT CAR ALARM IS A GOOD IDEA DAD. THANKS.
sam
Dad,
Love your blog. I'm a first time viewer. Can you tell me what humming bird feeders to buy. I have 2 that come by my balcony all the time and my 3 year old son loves them.
Post a Comment