Good Morning.
I am not going to say a thing to you about this being another monday morning to face you already know how I feel about it. so get your hat and come on with me, we can make it if we will just try.
.
I would like to say that Mary and I had a very pleasant but busy week. Almost more than Old Dad was able for, but I made it through in one piece. Now I am going to have some of my Rest, Renewing and Relaxing for a few day's and then try to do my part and do my best just be in being good. DAD.
.
I must get busy here and get over to Sara's Dog Training blog and see how Jeff, Sara and Oreo are doing, I am always a little more interested in seeing them on since I was not around yesterday, Sara give me some news and I do hope that it is good. I love that Oreo and I am not forgetting that sweet Misty, her influence is still around. DAD
.
HARVEST TIPS
.
Tomatoes can be harvested when they begin to show color, as they will continue to ripen. However, the closer you can get to vine-ripened the better the flavor will be. Bird damage usually becomes a concern at this stage. Birds love to peck holes in the fruit. Some gardeners say they're after water, so place some pans of water in the garden. Others claim red Christmas tree ornaments will fake the birds out and they will go away. Putting fake owls in the garden (move them around every few days), covering the plants with bird netting (just before harvest time) and wrapping clusters with fiber row cover are other techniques to try
A Lesson from the Camel
.
The Camel at the close of day,Kneels down upon the sandy plain To have his burden lifted off, And rest at last to gain.
My soul, thou too, shouldst to thy knees When daylight draweth to a close, And let thy Master lift thy load And grant repose.
The Camel kneels at the break of day To have his guide replace his load Then rises up anew to take The desert road.
So thou shouldst kneel at morning dawn that God may give the daily care, Assured that He no load too great Will make thee bear.
BY Anne Whitney,
Our dear friend Pamela brought Mary these beautiful flowers for her birthday. Also a tasty heart-shaped chocolate cake!
© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com
Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
Jennifer White's Blog
John White's Blog
LEARN BIRD SONGS
Let's Live and Learn Together
Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe
Starbucks Coffee
Tennessee Granddaddy
Tomato Casual
Weather Late day light rain. High 11C.
Today..2/07/11
Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Partly cloudy early then becoming cloudy with periods of light rain later in the day. High 53F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
I am begining to need some dry weather here in the Tennessee Valley, my garden spot is not yet ready and my plants will be ready before I am able to get them in the ground. DAD.
Maybe it would be a good idea for me to read this link below while I am waiting on dry weather to get here, I might learn something about producing tomatoes their diseases and a lot more. That is what I have been encouraging you to do. Dad.
© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com
I do need to bring this to an end. I have enjoy my visit with you this morning and I hope to see you again in the morning if God has Mercy on me. Sending Love and best wishes.
BYE BYE DAD
© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com

3 comments:
Good morning!
Mary's flowers are beautiful. Fresh flowers always brighten up anyone's mood, don't they?
I think I'm going to have a full work week...no major snow storms in sight. Whew, we are running out of places to put all the snow. I know Oreo is missing all his outside running time too.
Have a good week.
Good Morning DAD...
Yes you are tired after a week of visits, conversations, lots of laughing and smiling, refreshments, and change of routine. Today you will rest and tomorrow you will miss the company but you will have the memories of a nice week. Lesson of a Camel was the perfect verse to add to your blog today.
This will be a busy fun week for us. My sister is coming to visit and I have lots planned for us. Today we'll meet her at the Tampa Airport, stop in St. Petersburg for lunch and a visit to the Chihuly Museum, and if we still have energy this evening, we will go to see a play in Sarasota. I hope we get at least one beach day to sit and refresh ourselves.
Like the advise and suggestions on caring for tomatoes as they ripen on the vine. I will definitely try some of the ideas this summer.
Now spend some of the afternoon with your eyes closed and a smile on your face as you dream of a juicy sandwich made with fresh picked tomatoes. Have a peaceful day. ...Sara's Mom
Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet handsome Prince:
Happy (belated) Birthday, Ms. Mary! What beautiful stargazer lilies! I have those in a pot on my front verandah -- they are my favorite lilies and I keep them outside so my cats don't have access to them, as lilies are no-no's for cats, but we can all see and enjoy them ;)
Sounds like you need to send that rain out here, Dad! And we can send you this sun in exchange ;) Does that sound good?
Your friend Steve's pictures of the sparrows are so nice -- sparrows are some of my favorite little birds. So cute!
Wishing you all a wonderful week. Love from Jamaka and fams, with special PURRS to the Prince >^^< <3
Post a Comment