Good Morning.
I would like to leave this below with you ever morning, you can get lots of help here. Just click on the red below. Dad
We made it through Monday in good shape so what do we have to worry about, y0u know that this is going to be another nice day, and it's up to us to make it one. Let's all go out there this morning and be smiling, be in a Happy mood, and do our best to help someone carry their their heavy load, That's what life is all about " Live for others"
Today..5/24/11
A few thunderstorms possible. A few storms may be severe. High 30C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. High 86F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%
This right below is from Sara, read it and smile.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqDMMykE9RI
That 86 looks good but I don't like the severe thunderstorms report. Dad.
My work plans for this Tuesday is a little more than yesterday. I finally found some good mulch and if the rain holds off we plan to get some of that around those few tomatoes that we have, if you will look at Camera # 2 you can see the mulch in the back.
Do any of you remember this song below, written by Guy Clark ? Now is a good time to learn it, I have been singing it a lot the last few days.
There's nothin' in the world that I like better than
Bacon, lettuce and home grown tomatoes
Up in the morning and out in the garden
Pick you a ripe one, don't get a hard 'un
Plant 'em in the springtime eat 'em in the summer
All winter without 'em's a culinary bummer
I forget all about the sweatin' and the diggin'.
Every time I go out and pick me a big 'un.
{Refrain}
Home grown tomatoes, home grown tomatoes
What'd life be without home grown tomatoes
There's only two things that money can't buy
That's true love and home grown tomatoes.
You can go out and eat 'em, that's for sure
But there's nothin' a home grown tomato won't cure
You can put 'em in a salad, put 'em in a stew
You can make your own, very own tomato juice
You can eat 'em with eggs, you can eat 'em with gravy
You can eat 'em with beans, pinto or navy
Put 'em on the side, put 'em on the middle
Home grown tomatoes on a hot cake griddle.
{Refrain}
If I could change this life I lead
You could call me Johnny Tomato Seed
I know what this country needs
It's home grown tomatoes in every yard you see.
When I die don't bury me
In a box in a cold dark cemetery
Out in the garden would be much better
Where I could be pushin' up home grown tomatoes.
{Refrain twice}
Words and Music by Guy Clark
Views
....
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-3
....
I am proud of these three Cameras above, my favorite one is of course Cam # 2. That is where you can sometimes see Dad working and the tomato garden, it is smaller than I usually have but it is the best that I can do this year, if my life is spared I am going to do better than this next year. Dad'
I need to get out of here and go to work, this x bold coffee that I am sipping as I write is doing me a lot of good'
If I am able I hope to see you in the morning with a big smile, I hope that you have one for me.
BYE BYE DAD

2 comments:
That song makes me want a fresh tomato!
Its unusually warm out this morning. Time to take the dogs for a walk. Chewy goes to the vet this afternoon to get another vaccination.
Chewy is such a little characetr. He gest lots of attention at the vet!
Good Morning DAD...
You just provided us with enough smiles and laughs to carry us through the day. Watching Oreo and Chewy enjoy such freedom to run and play makes me see how much happier Oreo is with a puppy to play with. And Chewy is so happy to have a pal that teaches him tricks that earn him treats.
The tomato song is so so funny. I only wish I could hear it sung by you...I'm sure your feet are tapping and arms are flowing as you sing it. It could only be written by another tomato grower and tomato eater. I had to add that last part "tomato eater" because I once had a neighbor who grew wonderful tomatoes, but did not like eating tomatoes. His family enjoyed the fruit and he gave the extra to us neighbors.
Now don't wear yourself out dancing, you have work on do on your knees today. Enjoy your playing in the dirt morning and then stand back, click your heels and say how beautiful it all looks. ...Sara's Mom
Post a Comment