Wednesday, May 4, 2011

DADS WEDNESDAYS ENTRY TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED EIGHTY SIX

Good Morning

I am asking you before you have your coffee, how are you this morning ? I am feeling good but I belive that a cup of that x bold would make me feel better.

We did get a few more links added to our side panel, and we will be adding a few more later as we think of others, if any of you think of any that we have left out just let us know. I do hope that you will enjoy them. I may not have the entry # just right, but I have a had a few busy days, I will get it right.

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-3

We are still having rain, a shower almost every afternoon, but that is fine with me, A few tomatoes plants from Burpee should arrive this morning, and we will be getting them in the ground replacing the ones that we lost by the hail storm. We may not have as many plants as we expected but I think that we are going to have some good home grown tomatoes.

Todays weather 5/04/11
Times of sun and clouds. High 17C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
A mix of clouds and sun. High 64F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

This weekend in Albany NY the 63rd annual Tulip Festival will be here to celebrate the city's Dutch Heritage. When the sun shines on the 200,000+ tulips, it is a magical site that takes your breath away.

This is a lovely video of TULIPS and a poem about TULIPS by A.E. Stallings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Smopj35RY&feature=related

TULIPS

By A.E. Stallings

The tulips make me want to paint,

Something about the way they drop

Their petals on the tabletop

Something about their burnt-out hearts,

Something about their pallid stems

Wearing decay like diadems,

Parading finishes like starts,

Something about the way they twist

As if to catch the last applause,

And drink the moment through long straws,

And how, tomorrow, they’ll be missed.

The way they’re somehow getting clearer,

The tulips make me want to see

The tulips make the other me

(The backwards one who’s in the mirror,

The one who can’t tell left from right),

Glance now over the wrong shoulder

To watch them get a little older

And give themselves up to the light.

Source: Poetry (June 2009).

You can now advertise in Dad's journal, it is very inexpensive, we are presently read in over 103 countries and over 3500 cities of this world 6 days each week. For and add the size to show your Company name and your products the price would be $1.00 per day, no contract required, just write Dad at white6416r@aol.com and your add will appear today.Give me a try. DAD .

I am going to go and fill my coffee cup, and stop for a while, I have just a little more to add, maybe a nice thought or a nice poem, But I will be back shortly. Some one ask me for the picture of the Knock Out Rose that Jim sent me, I will get it today.

I have enjoyed my short visit with you, I will be back again today and for sure I want to come back Thursday morning

Tonight is our bible study Luke chapter 15.

BYE BYE DAD

5 comments:

Sara said...

Rainy morning. Not sure how I'm going to get the puppy well exercised this morning. Hopefully he can wear himself out running up/down the hallway. He slept almost though the whole night...until 5:10. He had been waking up each night at 2:30. He must have been REALLY tired.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry you lost some plants with hail. That is a chance all gardeners have to take. We never know what the weather is going to do. All in all your hard work will be rewarded when you get to have some of those wonderful tomatoes! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Good morning DAD...

This will be short this morning.....I am on a bus, with my cup of sumatra, heading to New York City. It is very rainy so we will be spending mostof the day indoors.

I hope you tomatoes arrive today so you can get them in the ground .. I know you are ready for a fresh tomato sandwich. Have a nice outdoor day. ...Sara's Mom

John White said...

Hi Dad, Hope you, Mary & Prince are well. I enjoyed reading your post today, as always. Good stuff. The weather sure turned cold on us yesterday. Take care.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

I was just reading about your handsome sunny boy Prince again -- hope he is still sleeping at the foot of your bed. Don't think I could sleep without a lot of cats on the bed!

Today is very hot -- 90'sF -- and the roses are all blooming -- just about every color. Supposed to cool down starting tomorrow.

Did your plants arrive? Hope they are nice, healthy ones and that you get a good crop from them.

Love and purrs to you all from Jamaka and fams<3