Saturday, November 29, 2008

ENTRY # FIFTEEN HUNDRED AND NINETY-TWO

Wedding Day 001
Above is something that one of LaVerne's friends gave us.
MOM AND DAD

Dad & Mom02

Mom on Greenwood Avenue

LaVerne

Click on pictures above for a larger view,

Good Morning

11/30/08

I do not make a blog on Sunday, but I can tell you Hello and that I hope that you have a nice day, and that I am smiling. DAD.

Mom02







Today, November the 29th is an important and Special day to me. On this day 73 years ago LaVerne and I were married in Memphis, Tennessee. I was one happy man, you should have seen my smile.

We first met in Chattanooga, TN at one of our conventions, and when I saw her I knew that she was for me. We lived about 400 miles apart so we did not have very many chances to be together, but we kept the mail man busy during that time. I was always watching to see if he was going to stop at my house.

I DID GET TO VISIT HER THREE TIMES BEFORE WE WERE MARRIED. SHE DID NOT MARRY ME FOR MY MONEY BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE ANY. WE WERE POOR BUT HAPPY, AND WE MARRIED BECAUSE WE LOVED ONE ANOTHER AND WANTED TO BE TOGETHER THE REST OF OUR LIFE.

THESE THREE LINKS BELOW ARE FAVORITES OF MINE, THEY WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT US. ESPECIALLY THE ONE TITLED. DAD'S MEMOIRS.

DAD'S SONGBIRD AND ROSE GARDEN ---- I DEDICATED THIS BLOG TO LAVERNE.

DAD'S MEMOIRS

SNOWFLAKES AND DEAR ONES

LaVerne passed away May 11 1974, over 34 years ago, and I still miss her sweet smile and her kindness to me

Two of our preachers were here for her funeral, Sherman and George, and I remember things that were said about her. Sherman mentioned Proverbs chapter 31 about the virtuous woman, and George mentioned about LaVerne's kindness. He was remembering times when he would be coming to our home that she would always have the ice cream that she knew he liked.

One of the hymns was " Live for others every day, ti's the true the better way." And LaVerne truly did this. Dad.

I would like to tell you a lot more about our Happy life together, but I am afraid it would get a little long. Like the time that Jim and Mary arrived on the scene, and what they meant to us. I have left out a lot that I would have liked to tell you, maybe I will do that at a later time.

This is all that I am going to have for this weekend. You know that I do not write on Sunday but I do think about you. I will see you Monday morning if all is well. Sending Love to all of you. Smile for me.

Bye Bye DAD.

white6416r@aol.com

865-850-5763

......


I HAVE MY CELL PHONE SERVICE WITH VERIZON, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU HAVE THE SAME SERVICE THAT I DO A CALL FROM YOU TO ME WOULD BE FREE. YOU MIGHT CHECK ON THAT IN YOUR PART OF THE WORLD. AND I DO KEEP MY CELL PHONE with me all the time, WHEREVER I GO,DAD.


13 comments:

Lainey Laine said...

Awwwww Dad what a beautiful entry. Truly. Brought a tear to my eye. I don't know how I would cope without my love, my John, must have been so hard to part with your lovely wife. What beautiful photos Dad! Sending my love to you across the pond. Love Lainey xxx
http://lainey-lainesworld.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, I love the pictures today. What a beautiful couple you were, you both look so happy! I hope you have a wonderful meeting tomorrow! Linda

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You really do have some wonderful memories to treasure in your heart.
'On Ya'-ma

Joyce said...

Good morning Dad,
What a beautiful entry and loved all the photos...it was such lovely memories of your dear wife...thank you for sharing...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Nancy said...

Hi Dad,
I found you again! You sure are lucky to have had such a special marriage for all those years. Must be hard to miss someone so important to you. Heck..I know all about that...I miss my beautiful mom.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love you,
Nancy

Hollie said...

It sounds like you were very happy!! What some beautiful memories!!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Brush Strokes said...

It was so good to see those photos of LaVerne...I miss her too.
Love - your niece.

Lynne said...

Beautiful story! God Bless!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hello Dad what a lovely entry from you today ~ the pictures of You and LaVerne are beautiful ~ I love to listen to your memories and hope you will tell us some more ~ Have a Blessed and Peaceful Sunday ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Hi, Dad! I agree with all of the other posters and I for one would love to hear a lot more about you and your beautiful sweetheart. Maybe on one of the special blogs devoted to her or to you as a couple? It is so inspirational in these times especially to know that there are people who truly do love one another and whose lives are guided by compassion, caring, and the Creator.

Best to you, Ms. Mary, and the Princess beauty! ^^

Kelly said...

I don't know if we ever stop missing our loves ones when they pass on, especially the love of your life. It is good that you can look back and have such wonderful memories of that time. The photos are beautiful. Hope you are having a peaceful Sunday. LOVE, Kelly

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Dad, your Laverne was most certainly a wonderful woman. I'm sorry you have to go thru life without her. You will have wonderful memories to sustain you however...

Victoria said...

Hey Dad...a whole day late this time! LaVerne was such a beautiful woman. You made a lovely couple. I love to hear you speak of her, it reminds me of my mom and dad...he passed away 30 years ago and my mom feels the same as you; still missing him.
The Thanksgiving pictures were wonderful too! I always like seeing the family together.
Take care and I will try to make it for coffee tomorrow!
With love,
Vicki in Birmingham