Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & EIGHTEEN

Good Morning.

"Time is so precious-do not waste it.''

."Begin the Day with God."

" Get in touch with God by Knee Mail."

I have the tea and coffee ready a little early this morning why don't we just have it now. I know that I am in need of a cup to get me started. I can hardly think untill I have had my visit with you and my coffee.

This visit that I make to Sara's Dog Training each morning is becomming so interesting. You are missing a lot if you do not go. So interestig to watch Sara train Oreo & Misty.


HEART ATTACK? TAKE ACTION!
.
Don't try to "tough out" what might be a heart attack by telling yourself that the symptoms will pass. Call 911 immediately! Every minute matters. New medications and treatments can sometimes stop heart attacks in their tracks, but you must receive them shortly after symptoms occur. Some heart attacks are sudden and intense but most start slowly, with mild pain or discomfort. Some of the most common signs include chest discomfort (pressure, squeezing, pain); pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach; shortness of breath, nausea, sweating, or light headedness.
.
I don't think Jim would care if I used this, as it is so important. He used it in his blog a few days ago. Tennessee Granddaddy DAD

I was sitting on the patio, and decided to make a little video. As soon as we finish placing our bird feeders we will be making more video's. I am hoping to get some close ups of our local birds. And any other wildlife that wanders into our camera's eye.

Our two Cams will be on 24 hours each day. The # 2 cam will be lighted.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1

..
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2




BELOW IS A BEAUTIFUL POEM THAT I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY. I WELL REMEMBER THIS POEM WHEN I WAS A LITTLE SCHOOL BOY ( Can you imagine this old grey headed man ever being a school boy ? )

I shot an arrow into the air, it fell to earth, I knew not where;
For so swiftly it flew, my sight could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air, it fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, who has sight so keen and strong that it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak, I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of my friend.


-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow




Just minuets after I made this short video above the rain began to come down very hard. We had a real good summer afternoon shower.

Here is our AOL weather report for today.

Today-- 8/19/09
Scattered thunderstorms. Humid. High 83F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%
.

Here below is my thought for today.

" True greatness is made manifest in our willingness to serve,"

and--

" Ask yourself often how can I do better today."

This is going to be all for today. Please remember my side panel for what I do not have here. Thanks for all of you that let me know that you did take time to look at this blog.
.
I hope to see you again in the morning if I am given another day of life. DAD
..
BYE BYE DAD

A-R-S-A-C...

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M.

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Hi Dad. Isn't it nice to get a summer rain? We had some storms come thru last evening. My garden only boasts exactly three flower pots for now, lol. I will check on them before I make my way to work today. Have a blessed day, you've blessed mine!

Cindi ;) said...

Good morning Dad,

We have been getting those wonderful summer rains down here..our lake is busting at its seams...it is soo beautiful to look at,..
have a nice day
xoxox

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you got the rain yesterday, we didn't but need it now. We had so much rain early on this summer that everything has remained green but now it's looking dried out due to the heat we've had lately. Hope your Wednesday is a great one!

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Dad,
Hope you and Mary are dong well...I loved the poem...as I remember it too from childhood! Dad, I almost lost all my tomatoes..Go over to my blog:

http://horseshoebend2.blogspot.com/

and look at what the storm did..
God bless and take care,
love ya,
carlene

Mandy said...

Grandpa,

Alex and I are leaving this afternoon to go visit Granddaddy and Grandmother at the cabin. We are looking forward to a fun, long weekend! I hope you and Aunt Mary can make it for a day or two.

We love you lots,
Mandy

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Very nice videos! and I loved your Thoughts For The Day; they are the best! It looks as though you and your neighbor are going to make a lot of little creatures very happy and that is a great blessing! The rain will probably be a big help for the planting of flowers, too.

I've only ever seen the first line of that poem. It's a good one and thank you for sharing!

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening. I'm really enjoying some coffee right now. Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting having a nice glass of ice coffee, looking at Seneca Lake and reading your blog. As soon as I read the first line of the poem, I was back in grade school, reciting the entire poem. It was one of many. Thanks for the memories. ...Sara's Mom