Friday, August 28, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & TWENTY-SIX


Good Morning,
.
Well this is August 28 2009 the day that I promised to show you my very first journal. These six years have passed so quickly. The morning that I begin this, I did not know if I would be able to continue, I am glad that I have, and it has been with the help of so many of you my faithful readers.
.
This is interesting to me. I received one comment that day and the same reader that commented on Entry # one is still reading my blog and sending me comments every few days. Thanks Karen for sticking with me.


MY FIRST ENTRY

AUGUST 28, 2003
Good Morning:
Today is my first entry on my Journal. I feel like I know many of you. I have met you in Dads Tomato Garden. I have two web pages and working on another one. It will be ready soon. It is about Roses and Song Birds. I will have links from Dad's Tomato Garden to all my other sites.
Its a beautiful day here in East Tenn. At 7:50 the temperature is 73.4 High expected is 90.
I feel like this Journal will be a help to me in the things I am trying to do. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have to make this a better Journal
.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
One comment.
.
When I started this Journal it was for the purpose of helping others produce a good home grown tomato in your own back yard, And that is still my purpose. There are not many thrills that come up to biting into that first tomato sandwich. I would like to hear from some of you readers that have stayed with me through these past six years.

I began writing web pages about six months before I began my blog. The reason that I wanted the blog was because I soon saw that I could keep in closer touch with you and help you more if I had daily contact with you, It has worked out well. I still write six entries each week.
.
I still have the two web pages that I mentioned above and still try to keep them up to date. These links below will take you to them.
.

.
I am sure that you have noticed the great improvements in all of our blogs. They are all so much better. When AOL quit the blogs I did not have any idea what would happen.But I must say that I am happy with Google. I do appreciate all that AOL did for us for so long. And I know that we need them both. DAD
.

Plant Fall Vegetables Now!
To view this email in a browser Click Here .

Even though I am celebrating the six years of writing my blog I am not going to forget Sara, Oreo or Misty today. I am going to go to Sara's Dog Training and read Saras blog. Come go with me and you will smile. DAD.
.
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam .. Most always a beautiful view, when you feel low look at this it helps me
. Dad.


We had a nice shower yesterday afternoon and it looks like we may get a little more today, anyway that is what AOL thinks.
.
Today.. 8/28/09.
Variable clouds with showers and scattered thunderstorms. High around 75F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

.
I think that it is just about time for me too get out of your way. I have not done a very good job telling you about my first blog. Maybe if you go to my side panel you might find out a little more.
.
If all goes well I do want to come back in the morning. Don't forget those two things that we all need to do to make this a good day. Do you really remember I would like to hear from you if you do. Dad
.

BYE BYE DAD.
..
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M.

13 comments:

Sonya said...

Good morning Dad. I think we are sending some rain your way this morning if it doesn't fizzle out before getting there. BIG rain shower this morning while sipping coffee.

AOL was fun....and I am so glad they worked with blogger on making the transfer over a smooth one. They could have just said "sorry folks" and left us to our own. Hope you have a good day! We are still getting some cherry tomatoes and can't find any squash plants to plant for a 2nd season. Oh well.
That is ok. lol
Sonya

Becky said...

I am here for the party! It's the day to celebrate SIX YEARS of Dad's wonderful journal. Dad, I was trying to remember how long I've been enjoying your blog. Not as long as Karen, but I do remember reading you on AOL for quite awhile before you came over here. And ohhhhh I remember when your journal somehow got deleted and we were all so worried... but even though you had to start over you made it better than ever, with all the links at the side and so much wonderful information and great stories.

I have to say that my favorite things on your blog are when you come on and talk to us on a video... and also the pages where you write about your life story, your family history, how you used to fly your own airplane and work in that grocery store. Those stories are just so interesting to me. Not that I don't love tomatoes, but there are lots of tomatoes in the world and only one DAD. Let's SMILE and I will say a toast to you with our cups of coffee: "A toast to Dad... a friend and a teacher to all... my God bless him always."

Love, Becky

Becky said...

I meant to type, "MAY God bless him always."

Sara said...

Happy "Bloggerversary" Dad! 6 Years! Wow! Congratulations. Here's to many more mornings of coffee & smiles.

Anonymous said...

Happy sixth Dad, and wishing you many more.
Boyd

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I would like to wish you a happy anniversary too! I know I've been reading your journal for at least 5 of those 6 years. Like you I started with web pages (which I don't have anymore) and then started journaling on AOL. I am happy we've been able to read all the good things you've written about over the years. Of course the thing I'll remember the most is the GOOD cup of coffee and the SMILES.
I hope you are blessed with a few SMILES today and enough sunshine to warm your heart !
'On Ya'-ma

Anonymous said...

I've only recently met you here on your blog. And it has been a delight. My cup of coffee with you always puts a smile on my face and always reminds me to get going girl..."Time is so precious-do not waste it." I have to say you certainly use your time wisely and we are all better for it.

Congratulations on 6 years of blogging!

...Sara's Mom

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary, Grandpa! I enjoy keeping up with you every day, having a cup of coffee and getting those SMILES. Love you so much!

madcobug said...

Happy Sixth Anniversary Dad. I have really enjoyed reading your journal/blog. I hope you have many more years of blogging to go. Helen

Sheila said...

Congratulations on 6 years and counting. I found out about you a few years ago through an article in the paper about bloggers. I read you first and then spread out from there. Now I have had my own blog since Dec 2008, look what you started...ha. You and Mary have a great day...Sheila

Brush Strokes said...

Hi Uncle Ray!
Can't believe it has been 6 years! I would not have missed them for anything! I always leave your blog with a smile on my face! Love, your niece - Karen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Congratulations on six wonderful years of blogging! I was not there at the beginning, but I know you bring me a SMILE every day now! I would say those two all-important starters to the day would be to start the day with God, and to serve others (compassionately and with a SMILE, if possible)! Those are the best ways, aren't they? ;)

I can't say which of those two rose pictures is my favorite, Dad. They are both so beautiful!

Hope you and Ms. Mary enjoy the day and the evening, and have a wonderful weekend. Don't worry about us -- we are quite close to two of the big fires here, but not in their paths. ;)
Love from Jamaka and fams

Jane said...

Congrats for your move and good luck for the years to come. You're doing a great job! Thanks for sharing this. By the way, these best gifts that you could give your better-half might interest you too. Thanks and have a nice and fulfilling day.