Saturday, August 29, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & TWENTY SEVEN

This is old Dad saying Good Morning to you on this Sunday morning 8/30/09. at 4:15 a.m.. No blog today but I hope to see you Monday morning. DAD.

Good Morning.


.
.." Time is so precious-do not waste it.''
.
." A smile is like a little wedge. That often keeps us from the edge. Of getting sad, or feeling blue..... I love to see a smile, don't you ?
.
'"Begin the Day with God."
.
This down below was very interesting to me. DAD

.
.
THE PROGRAM:

On Friday, September 11th, 2009 , an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States . Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this eighth anniversary of one of our country's worst tragedies. We do this to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds

Action Plan:
So, here's what we need you to do.

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America !

.
We don't want to forget our buddies over the weekend, Sara, Misty and Oreo. Keep this link handy and look at it when you need something to make you smile.
..
Sara's Dog Training will take you to Sara's blog. DAD
.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/09/opinion/09barber.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1

.The link above explains about the late tomato blight.






This little video above explains it's self. I am going to try to bring you my thought for the day in this manner for a while, all the time if you like it. To me the thought for the day is important, we need so much to begin the day thinking right thoughts. DAD.

.

We have been having a little rain almost every day, we need to see what AOL says for today.

.Today... 8/29/09.
Sun and clouds mixed with a slight chance of thunderstorms during the afternoon. High 81F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

.

My Starbucks is ready and waiting on you. And I tell you that it is strong and good, but I have half and half to weaken it a little if that is what you like. So stop in, you have lots of time as this is Saturday morning. I forgot to say that there is plenty of TEA ready.

I was wondering if we might have our coffee on a video some morning. That might be interesting.DAD.

.

This is going to be all for this Saturday morning. I hope that you have a good weekend. Mary and I plan to be in our Sunday morning meeting, we can't afford to miss that, we are so needy. Smile and be kind untill I see you again early Monday morning.

..

BYE BYE DAD.

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M.

8 comments:

Becky said...

You sure know how to start a day off right, Dad. YES PLEASE share a video thought for the day as often as you can, I would love to start the day (actually, end the day, in my case) with your soothing voice and good thoughts. That one you shared today was so good, and I think I'll be listening to that one several more times.

I wish I had a video camera on my computer so I could sit and have coffee with you this time of day. Although I'm looking pretty tired at the end of my day. I'm off to bed now, but before I do I'm going to listen to that thought for the day again. Thank you, Dad. I don't know where you find all the good things you read, but I get so much out of them and they often come back to mind days or weeks later.

Becky said...

PS: Having you read your thought for the day reminds me of how every night before we kids would go to bed, when I was growing up, my dad would call us all out to the front room after we'd brushed our teeth, and he'd read a portion of scripture and have us pray together. Sometimes we were a bit restless as kids, but oh, would I love to go back and be there with Dad and mom and my brothers and sister one more time.

Lynne said...

Good morning, Dad! I was wondering if you wrote that piece on your video? It reminds me of my grandmother. She loved a good poem or book. She was quite the reader. We used to exchange cards over the year, and many of them held good thoughts for the day, like the one you shared. I might just pull them out this afternoon and "Relax" and read them again. Thanks for the smiles, and God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your quote of the day. But seeing you and hearing your soothing voice read the quote of the day is even better. It's like when listening to a lecture, the material can be absorbed better than when read alone. Hope to see and hear many more. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Very nice video and Thought, Dad! Nice to see that you are relaxing, too, on a Saturday -- it's the day for it, isn't it? I'm enjoying some iced coffee with the AC on, because it's well over 100F outside, and the air is very smoky and ashy. We're safe here, though, and thankful for that! Praying for the animals in the fire zones, and the fire crews, and the people and their homes and land, that all is spared.

Wishing you both a good weekend and a good meeting tomorrow.

Love from Jamaka and fams

Bookncoffee said...

A little warm here but I think a front coming thru. It's 80 here in Mt. Juliet. No more rain for a few days here.
Have a good evening.

Anonymous said...

DAD, I WILL START OVER AGAIN, HAVING SOMEHOW LOST MY COMMENT.

YOU ARE A WISE MAN DAD. SO MANY GOOD WORDS. I LIKE YOUR AMBITION AND SUCCESS IN HAVING A GARDEN EACH YEAR. WISH I COULD TOO THOUGH CONDITIONS DO NOT ALLOW.

HOWEVER IN THIS MY 89TH YEAR AM HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE. LIVING IN A NICE APARTMENT AFTER HAVING A STROKE LAST OCTOBER AND CARING FOR MYSELF EXCEPT SHOPPING FOR FOOD AND PAYING BILLS. A DAUGHTER DOES THOSE FOR ME.

I ENJOY THE BLOG ENTRIES OF YOUR NEICE KAREN, A VERY FINE ARTIST OF WATER COLOR. HER BLOG ADDRESS IS brushstrokes
i am trying to learn from karen.

i have a google blog also if you or any others would like to see it, print in the keyword sayitbaldys .

MAY OUR LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS WE ALL.
sam

Goatfarmer said...

Hi Dad,
Just stopped by to say hello and make sure all is well with you and Mary.I havent been by in a while, busy here I go from work to sitting with my father-in-law now that school has started back. Oldest girl stays with him during the day then I stay so she can attend collage at Dalton State at night. All three of my girls will be attenting collage this year. Schooling is so very important this day and time.
Take care
Terrie