.
"O Lord, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small."
.
Here is a short poem that I want to use first this morning.
.
These Things Are Free.
In gloomy tones we need not cry, "How many things there are to buy."
.
Here is a thought for you and me, " The best of things in life are free."
.
The air the sunshine and the sea. All gladness beauty, These are free.
.
Our faithful friendships, sympathy. The joy of living, These are free.
.
All loving service, loyalty, Our God's protection, These are free.
.
The more we look the more we see.How many precious things are free.
.
The heart will find more than the eye. Of things we do not have to buy.
.
Let's stop and think, let's know and feel. That things like these are truly real.
.
Yes, think how very rich are we. When all the best of things are free.
Author John Martin
.
Do you know where I am going, follow me to Sara's Dog Training blog and you will be glad that you did, because you will get a big smile. Dad.
.
How are you feeling on this thursday morning ? It is still a little cool 22 degrees this morning, some snow is predicted, there is plenty on the ground, you can check on any of the 3 Cams. I am feeling very good this morning, I beleive that I can say that my mood is HAPPY, not for any particular reason, just glad to be alive. A few things have not gone as I would have liked but I am happy with what did turn out alright. Some one said " If at first you don't succeed, you are running about normal." So maybe I am not doing to bad. I am just going to hang in there and enjoy life to the fullest. Dad.
. © 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com....
Today.1/13/11
Morning snow showers. Cold. High -2C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Scattered snow showers during the morning. Then partly to mostly cloudy for the afternoon. Cold. High 27F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
.
Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
.
Jennifer White's Blog
.
John White's Blog
.
LEARN BIRD SONGS
Let's Live and Learn Together
Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe
Tennessee Granddaddy
Tomato Casual
Weather
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3
I am going to stop with this today, you know about my side panel, I plan on being back here in the morning
" Love is not stuff to gather dust on shelves. The more we give, the more we have ourselves. So all our love we send to you, and then, yet more we'll have to send to you again."
Arthur Gutterman
BYE BYE DAD© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com....

3 comments:
Good mormong DAD...
It was so good to receive a nice warm and cheerful greeting on this cold morning. And you also offered us wonderful advise.. if we just look around and take time we'll find many wonderful treasures all for free ... including friends like you.
I won't complain about the cold weather down here. There is no snow and it will warm up soon. I think a visit to one of the many museums will be delightful today...and then a stop for a cup of coffee.
Glad you are in a happy mood.. that makes us smile. Love the photo of prince on hot sidebar...that makes me smile too!
Have a peaceful day. ...Sara's mom
How nice to hear you say "Good morning" in person! That surely brightened my day. I love the poem you posted today. That is a good reminder.
Your journal seems to have a new look, at least on my computer! It is now as wide as the whole screen. I like it!
Thanks for being here, Dad. You make me smile and you make each day a better one.
Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet handsome Prince!:
What a nice video -- Becky and Sara's Mom are right ;) and the poem is a good one, so true, isn't it? If we think more about those things we'll be happier and more positive ourselves, don't you think?
Another addition to that list of blessings, for us, would be sweet cats. Their unconditional love, loyalty, incomparable beauty and sweetness are to be treasured ;)
It looks quite beautiful in the Smokies as the last glow of sunset gives way to night. Enjoy your evening, and love to you all from Jamaka and fams, with special PURRS to the Prince ;) <3
Post a Comment