Saturday, March 12, 2011

SATURDAYS ENTRY TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT

" Begin the day with God, End the day with God."

Good Morning

Do you need something to start your smile this Saturday morning. Here it is below.

Plant Easy Homegrown Strawberries Limited SupplyTo view this email in a browser Click Here

You will need to click on the backup button above after you visit this one above and the one right below, to continue. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4lIFEDFYIw....The above is interesting, about the earthquake. DAD

.The Bridge Builder

An old man going a lone highway,
Came, at the evening cold and gray,
To a chasm vast and deep and wide.
The old man crossed in the twilight dim,
The sullen stream had no fear for him;
But he turned when safe on the other side
And built a bridge to span the tide.

“Old man,” said a fellow pilgrim near,
“You are wasting your strength with building here;
Your journey will end with the ending day,
You never again will pass this way;
You’ve crossed the chasm, deep and wide,
Why build this bridge at evening tide?”

The builder lifted his old gray head;
“Good friend, in the path I have come,” he said,
“There followed after me to-day
A youth whose feet must pass this way.
This chasm that has been as naught to me
To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be;
He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
Good friend, I am building this bridge for him!”


By Will Allen Dromgoole. Sent ti Dad by Joan.

I think that I am back in buisness, my edit is working again at 6:05 a.m, I am late getting to see Oreo so I am going to rush to Sara's Dog Training and talk to Sara, she will bring me up to date. Thanks Sara, you are a good friend. DAD
....

Weather

The weather is always an important thing with all tomato growers and all gardners. Here it is below.

Today..3/12/11
Plenty of sun. High 19C. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
A good deal of sunshine. High 67F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.

Eagle Web Cam ( This is extra good today. Dad )
Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
Jennifer White's Blog
John White's Blog
LEARN BIRD SONGS
Let's Live and Learn Together
Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe
Tennessee Granddaddy
Tomato Casual ( Always very interesting )

I hope to see you early Monday morning. Love You.

BYE BYE DAD

3 comments:

Dad said...

This is old Dad, having problems as usual. Google will not let me edit right at this time. It happens often in the early morning. Let me know in a comment if you view this, I hope to go on soon. DAD

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

Your editing is working just fine. Mine gave me some problems and I lost my original comment. But I am back to try again.

The destruction in Japan from the earthquake and tsunami is devastating. So many lives lost and so much land too. Now they must face the after effects of the nuclear radiation from the plants that failed to shut down properly. How can we complain of our local weather.

Nature has been good to us these last few days, the expected rains did not come and the Hudson River did not flood. Today is warm and overcast...a good day for the St. Patrick Day Parade. The streets of Albany will be filled with the color green, lively music and dancing and proud marchers. Though Irish, I will not be among the crowd. I did treat myself to toasted Irish Soda Bread and a huge mug of Sumatra.

Today is a good day for you to spend time outdoors in your nature habitat and indoors reading and preparing for tomorrow's meeting. I will be thinking of you and your friend who will be missed at tomorrow's meeting. Hugs to you and Mary and a few strokes for the little guy. ...Sara's Mom

Nancy said...

Well Hi there Dad. I know it's been a while and I'm sorry. I've gotten so caught in my busy life but have missed your blog and all my blogger friends. Your blog is better than ever! I'm also hoping that you're feeling well and excited about the new tomato season.
Much love, Nancy