Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ENTRY SEVENTEEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY-NINE



GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,
.
( Please notice the special thing that is going to happen to the Eagles at 10 A.M. this morning, see below at the link. )
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it,living for thyself alone. Live for others.
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.
I need to try and explain about the picture above.This was taken yesterday afternoon at 5:30 p.m. with our Outdoor Cam # 2. At that hour the evening sun was so bright that the picture did not turn out very well. What you are suppose to see is Ted my next door neighbor cultivating the tomato garden. Look to the left in the picture and you might see him. We will try this later in the week when the sun is not so bright. DAD.
.
I was real late yesterday morning with our tea and coffee, that is not going to happen this morning. The first thing that I done when I came to my office this morning was to turn that perculator on, you should be able to smell it now. Sit down a little while and visit with me.
.
.
We had some wonderful tomato growing weather yesterday and we are expecting more today. This morning at 3:00 A.M. the tempeature is 49 and I think that the high is to be near 95 with plenty of sun. With not any chance of rain. Since I have the garden cultivated I am glad to see this. Won't be long now.
.
I am feeling very much better this morning, I did sleep good and that helps this old man a lot. And it also helps when things are running a little better.
.
Here in this link below to a poem that John M. sent me, it is a little long for the blog, so I used this way to let you view it. It is worth your time to read it. Here it is,Dad's Views and Tomato News ,,,
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
"I would dear Jesus, I could break, The hedge that creeds and heresies make;And like Thy first disciples be,In person, led and taught by Thee."
.
"I read Thy words so pure and sweet, And seek the footsteps of Thy feet;But men so mystify the trace,I long to see Thee face to face."
.
This thought is the last two verses of the poem that was sent me that I mentioned above. DAD.
.
.
Posted on 19 May 2009 by tomatocasual.com
.
By Vanessa Richins.
.
Upside-down tomatoes continue to be a
garden trend.
This week we have two questions from readers about this growing style.
From Kacy:
“Can one plant 2 tomato plants upside down in a 5 gallon bucket ? Such as 2 holes in the bucket, will there be enought room to grow both?”
Hi Kacy! Yes, you can do 2 tomato plants. It would work better if you drilled both a 2″ hole and smaller drainage holes in both the bottom and the lid to plant one at each end. You will need to watch carefully and add soil as needed. You will also need to make sure to use fertilizers as needed since there will be 2 plants competing for all of the nutrients.
.
From JimQPublic:
“I’ve been thinking of going to containers for tomatoes because the best spot in the yard has seen
Read the rest of this entry »
.
Related Posts
.
Share Your Tomato Questions
Do you have a tomato question or tomato tips to share?
Let us know!
..
Our Tomato Casual team will do our best to give you an answer. And old Dad will do all that he can to be of a little help, DAD.
.
Yesterday I forgot the coffee and now this morning I have forgot to mention the trip up to the Eagle Web Cam . I sure don't want to do that for I can see that the time is near for them to leave us. They are going to be missed by many. Thanks to all that are responsible for us having this chance to see the eagles from the time that the eggs were laid untill they fly away. Dad.
.
Wednesday at 10:00 a.m., scientists will attach a satellite tracking device to one of the eaglets. Perry Mathewes of Norfolk Botanical Garden will be in the Special Event Chat Room to describe the activity. Please join us to watch this fascinating event live on the Eagle Cam.
Special thanks to our Eagle Cam partners:
.
I just now checked our two cams # 1 and 2 also the eagle cam, and they are all working at the present. You will find the links to these over in the side panel.
.
I must stop and get read to face another day. I am glad for the help that has been provided us if we will only seek it. " Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened. True words of Jesus. I hope to visit you again in the morning if all goes well. I hope that your day goes good, wherever you are. Smile today if you possibly can.
.
BYE BYE DAD,
.
865-850-6763
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good Morning to you ! So glad you are feeling better and yes, a good nights sleep makes a world of difference. Hope your Wednesday is a great one.

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
I'm glad you feel well this morning after a good nights sleep.

Cindi ;) said...

Good morning dad!
I had a great night sleep as well, always makes the day brighter!!!
Have a great Weds

baldy said...

DAD, MY COMMENT TO YOUR FRIEND'S POEM.

COMMENTING ON AN ENTRY BLOG. MAY 2009.

baldy said...
DAD, THAT POEM IS GREAT.
I WOULD EXTEND A MESSAGE TO UNBELIEVERS AND ANY ON 'THE FENCE'.
SOME COMPUTERS ARE FASTER THAN OTHERS. GOD HAS OPENED OUR EYES TO HIS POWER BY SPEEDY COMPUTERS.
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD.

I BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS A LIVING COMPUTER AND CAN MAKE MILLIONS OF ENTRIES A SECOND IN EVENT THAT MANY BELIEVERS DIE IN THE SAME SECOND.

'ABSENT FROM THE BODY, PRESENT WITH THE LORD'.

IF WE BELIEVE WHAT WE SEE ON OUR COMPUTER, (SPEAKING TO NON-BELIEVERS OF COURSE,)WHY NOT BELIEVE IN THE ONE THAT GAVE BILL GATES HIS 'KNOW HOW' ?

WHY DOUBT THE POWER OF GOD ? sam
10:13 AM

Ally Lifewithally said...

Dear Dad I am glad you are feeling good ~ I loved the Poem ~ and I enjoyed my "Cuppa" with you ~ Hope your day goes well ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Those eaglets are just about ready to fly, Dad! And your tomato plants look wonderful today -- nice to see your neighbor helping out in the garden. So glad you got a good night's rest and I'm enjoying some coffee and SMILING with you! Love and hugs to you and Ms. Mary from Jamaka and fams

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi dad, I am late as usual, but I am here!!lol
Hope you are feeling better and had a good doctor's report. I sawmy first tomato blossoms on one of my tomato plants today!
Take care and God bless,
love ya,
carlene